Insurgency: Sandstrom

>Door breaching
>Multiple stage reloading
>BRRRRRRRRRT
>Hybrid bullet physics (hitscan up close and bullet drop at range)
>Technical vehicles with mounted Machine guns
>Proximity voice chat
>Low time to kill - 1 shot = 1 kill
>Vaulting over walls and windows

Will this be the game to save FPS?

youtube.com/watch?v=PulyojBwISs
youtube.com/watch?v=DJgSHnw7N-E
youtube.com/watch?v=GGjcLPYN1pU
youtube.com/watch?v=NbafhInbMCc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jftkDlcBD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Proximity voice chat.
Why do devs ever both with this like people aren't going to just use Discord or any of the other various external voice programs?

I won't be using harvest-my-data-discord senpai

Discord isn't the only software, it's simply the most popular which is why I said various other software. Plus you're on a PC connected to the internet, you're not safe no matter what.

Well, to answer your question, It's fun.
It adds to the intensity when you hear enemies talking below you. which you won;t find in teamspeak or discord.
I will be using it for sure.

Source engine - current Insurgency

Unreal engine - Insurgency: Sandstrom

Ah yes the retard who thinks he's save just because he doesn't use certain softwares. Bitch the fact that you made that post is enough to know that they have tons of data on you.

FPS doesn't need to be saved, Squad exists. However I'm pretty hyped for this game and hope my shit pc can run it

I just find it too abuse-able. You'll have groups who don't use it and can chat freely with no downsides.

Not impressed with alpha so far, super wonky. Prefer the current Insurgency.

Are you saying I should use Discord?

does it have dead-zone non-stick aiming? where you can basically "float" your gun without moving your camera? also no crosshairs of course, love that shit with no crosshairs, spraying feels like spraying

Im excited for this. I still play Insurgency

Oh, no crosshairs are a given. It will also have free aim hipfire which is unique.

Float yes, crosshairs yes

Is it gonna be super autistic like squad or actually fun like the original insurgency?

>Door breaching

you have my attention. Honestly I'm already buying it day 1, I love NWI's gunplay

It's a mix of both

>super autistic like squad
Confirmed never played squad. You meant arma. Squad is great in that the community actually feels a lot like Insurgency's

They keep repeating that it will be as close as possible to Insurgency.

Squad and battlefield 2 mods are autistic because the maps are so large. Insurgency will be small except for the maps with derivable vehicles.

No, Squad and ArmA are trash.

No

can't wait honestly. the only reason i stopped playing insurgency is because i'm over the source engine. glad to see there will be actual ballistics in sandstorm

>community

for some reason I find the community is generally much better in Insurgency servers than DoI. It has it's moments but I guess people prefer shouting ALLAH ACKBAR over HEIL HITLER

It's useful for vidya with squad based voice, this way you can have inter-squad communication without flooding the entire voice channel with noise, additionally, if you've broken your squad up into distinct fireteams on different approaches they can give calls to eachother ("contact, east, 50 meters crossing the road") without confusing the other fireteam.

nah, insurgency's community is cool. it's laid back while also maintaining coordination... for the most part

The ISIS skins in Sandstorm look scary. I prefer the balaclava insurgents.

this shit though is my bigest problem with their map design, and it's a bigger problem in DoI than ins and with bigger maps and vehicles I hope they do something about it

>mfw I have the closed alpha but I can't run it for shit.

I hope the campaign comes back one day, I was interested in seeing NWI make a singleplayer experience and the Kurdish woman fighter idea sounded cool

youtube.com/watch?v=-jftkDlcBD0

Yeah I played Sicily on Invasion as the commonwealth. It took fucking forever to clear both the left side and the right so we could cap A.

It always saddens me when I get to play games early and see people who are still hyped over promotional material and knowing the massive wave of disappointment that's to come.

All that fucking bloom, ue4 was a mistake.

Foy is the worst map of Day of Infamy because of the retarded battlezone design. Defenders can camp the C point spawn on invasion because the broken down house in front of it is in the battlezone.

you know you can turn it off right?

Oh...oh no...

i've always loved bloom ever since the first time i saw it in oblivion on my friends PC. i also like chromatic aberration. never understood the hate for post processing effects that aren't 100% realistic

Tell us where the Insurgent hurt you.

My teams are usually retarded and the americans will often have an MG nest setup there and spawnkill us before we can get to the point and our snipers and Panzershrek lads refuse to solve the problem.

The battlezones are dumb but overall Foy is probably my favorite map. DoI maps are just not as good as ins ones for the most part, they don't flow as well and have weird paths that look like they should lead somewhere but they dead end, lots of chokepoints and every map has the same open field>central building> a last stand building progression

>low time to kill
wack

Don't forget bastogne basically being rare as fuck for germans to win; boring as fuck for the Americans too.

I can kill 5-7 people with a single mag.
Low TTK is fucking amazing.

I'm not a fan of getting killed while being unable to retaliate, BF has a good TTK for me, is it close to that or closer to Siege.

I don't get it, all you have to do is werf nebelhandgranate and sturm Anton

Just spray back and they tend to back down and take cover. Your ammo is there to be used.

it just feels right to me. Sure, I die a lot "randomly" from someone I didn't see but usually I know how I fucked up to let that happen

This is only happening because you're a failure.
You would be genuinely surprised as to what you can do on some of the hardest difficulties if you play like someone who isn't a total retard. The only people who dislike low TTK games are the type of people who cannot take a room or a large area by angles, instead they are pea-brained and run out exposing to multiple lines of fire. Sure, occasionally you get shot in the back, but it happens; at least you get to respawn.

>tfw noobtubing

heheheheheheh
though my favorite is sniping, shit's fun
>PING PING PING PING

Getting killed out of nowhere teaches you the importance of flanking and using your tactical map.

the suppression system is great, makes being an MG gunner feel useful even when all you're doing is spraying an area and making people keep their heads down

>noobtubing

With horror games it's fantastic. But yeah for a team shooter not so much, unless you also hear the enemy team speak.

>>Low time to kill - 1 shot = 1 kill
and already trash compared to every arena shooter

but you do, that's the whole point of it

what kind of retard do you need to be to go into a game that's not supposed to be an arena shooter and complain that it's not an arena shooter?

? you can't lower the time to kill more than 1 shot to kill.

>modern combat does not employ the flamenwerfer

what a shame

I think it's banned in modern war

good thing PMCs engaged in anti-insurgency police actions aren't "at war" r-right?

It's fantastic for jumping in with randoms in squad base games in any server. Absolute blessing Rising Storm 2.

Also you can spook the enemy before killing them.

>I think it's banned in modern war

there's nothing prohibiting the US military from using flamethrowers other than the fact that they're not as viable and will make for bad publicity.

There's also the "you can't shoot enemies with a .50BMG, only equipment so aim for a canteen/magazine on them". Which is also bullshit.

it's not that the effect itself is bad, but many times it's overdone. oblivion and fallout 3 are some of the worst culprits (if one maxes it out), but lately devs have gotten used to the tech and use it more sparingly.

remember the early 00s when reflection mapping became a thing and for several years every character looked like it was covered in saran wrap?

>AKM on semi-auto

it was on full, I was burst firing and the last kill was the only bullet I had left

Unless they mute all audio, they'll still hear you.

are you one of those fags who doesn't use push to talk?

What the fuck does PTT have to do with them literally muting their audio?

if you aren't pressing the in-game talk key they won't hear anything you say. You can talk in discord or fucking mumble or whatever and not be heard in game

Do you have some sort of plate in your brain that stops you from thinking? When I push to talk, they will fucking hear me unless they literally mute in game voice chat. It doesn't matter that they're in discord, mumble, or whatever the fuck.

>not shit talking the enemy team
>wanting to jump through hoops to talk to like 3 people in a random lobby

It always saddens me when I see dumb faggots playing games before they're done, ruining the experience for themselves for no reason, playing an unfinished product because they can't be patient.

do you map the same PTT key for every fucking channel?

I just hope they don't make armor borderline useless again.

Neat. I love insurgency, some of the most immersive fun I've had since Dayz mod.

Too bad Australian servers are barren. playing offline bots can be pretty fun though.

>Too bad Australian servers are barren.
In day of Infamy? The sale is bringing in more players. Was a full server last night.

Don't tell me you're actually this stupid. What does mapping PTT have to do with anything? Swap channels in game, talk. They'll hear you through the in game comms or through 3D VOIP unless they literally turned in game VOIP off.

and it's weird since NA servers are often full of like 10-20 ausfags at a time. If you guys would just play with each other on your own island everyone would have a better time.

ANZACs have the best VO in day of infamy though

FUCKING GRONK

Insurgency has some of the best simplified tactical gunplay I've experienced. Consider me interested.

Insurgency was the first FPS I got into on PC, really looking forward to Sandstorm. I need something to pull me away from Siege for a while.

whats the playerbase like today wasnt thinking of taking a break from siege and going back to insurgency for a bit

>have in game chat mapped to alt
>TS PTT mapped to NUM 1
>press NUM 1

people in game who aren't in your chat thing should not be able to hear you under these conditions

ironically I've been playing a lot of DoI and Ins and thinking about going back to Siege after like a year off

Dummy, the original post I replied to was about 3D Proximity Voice Chat. That means anyone within a certain range of distance will hear you regardless of whether or not they're in your teamspeak, your discord, or your whatever.

It's almost as if they wanna capitalize on Siege's success lmao

LMAO good one kiddo!

No clue, we just use mumble for everything.

user in-game proximity chat like these games use still won't broadcast if you're using a different channel's PTT key

>Empty reloads are faster than tactical reloads
I mean, realismwise sure, but balancewise, it's dumb af

Unless prox chat is using a third party program, yes they will. That's the whole point of prox chat. The post I replied to is talking about in game proximity chat. The entire purpose of proximity chat is to hear people as if they're literally speaking to you from their character. RS2 does the same thing now. Anyone can hear you as long as they're in range. I don't understand how you're not getting this.

I admit it looks pretty good and that reloading feature is pretty cool. I probably won't pick it up until it's on sale though.

Yes, anyone can hear you...if you're talking in-game. If you aren't brodcasting audio into the game's channel it doesn't have anything for them to hear. If you have an open mic it will be heard by both but with PTT and different keys the in game people shouldn't be hearing you discuss vietnamese basket weaving on the side

>but with PTT
You realize push to talk is literally just pressing a key to speak instead of having your mic constantly broadcasting your voice, right? Is this where your confusion stems from?

>Foy is the worst map of Day of Infamy
Found the guy who hasn't played Brittany or Flakturm IV yet