Yume Nikki Dream Diary

New game releases in literally few hours. Are you excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.uboachan.net/media/src/Yume_Nikki.rar
twitlonger.com/show/n_1so68ou
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

yes.

Maybe

I am not. it looks like shit

so is it just an hd remake or what

I'll wait until someone cracks it. Kadokawa can suck dicks

its a fangame backed by kadokawa thats trying to inject a story

Oh, what the fuck, I forgot about the countdown and now I'm looking at this. I hope it's good, if they really are working with kikiyama I hope they don't fuck it up.

Looks like a full 3D remake of some sort.

Never played Yume Nikki, can I just play this one? Is it a remake or a sequel?

just play the original, or at the very least do it before playing this new one. new one is going to be a very different beast

Will I like this game if I've never played Yume Nikki, but I've played and enjoyed Limbo, Inside, and Little Nightmares?

Alright, I'll do that. How long is it though?
Also, nice trips

It's no issue for me, but why the fuck does this game require such high specs?

it varies. its very much an exploration game. if youre rushing for a finish you wont get as much enjoyment out of the game. just download it and have fun getting lost in mado's dreams

I, too, like walking simulators (if they are japanese, not like the western sjw trash).

its probably unoptimized as hell

3D sequel/preque/remaster/remake/reboot/???? developed by Kadokawa.
Only thing we know is that it will feature some unused Kikiyama designs and that is in 3D.
Play the first one in Steam or from here: archive.uboachan.net/media/src/Yume_Nikki.rar

The original Yume Nikki is a 2D walking simulator without a real plot, you simply walk in dream worlds. I recommend you to be very patient in order to play it.

Link?

its on steam you retard

What's the average playtime for someone who wants to fully explore the game?
10 hours?

I loved the original so much and it was so defining for me that I wouldn't even care if it was shit. I'll happily give kikiyama 20 Eur, and this is coming from an eastern european torrentfag who has not paid for games in years

What I don't get is the gameplay. Is it just walking around in a dream world and solving puzzles? Why do I need to be patient to play it? Does it matter that I've never played the original game before?

I couldnt give you a real estimate but just know to see everything would take a long time
unless you spoil the fun and just use a guide to see everything but dont do that
if you really want to play the new one while playing the old one first just play the original for a good while before the new one instead of focusing on seeing everything because if you try to do it on your own it will never happen
play the old one, play the new one, then continue to explore the old one if you enjoyed it enough to

>Why do I need to be patient to play it?
because most maps are fuckhuge, you walk slow without items/glitches, and you often need to find the one interactable NPC in the middle of fuckhuge map to proceed.

Remake looks to be a little more streamlined/focused, which some fans say is missing the point.

no puzzles in the original. just that you walk a bit slow and theres a lot to explore but if you ask me its worth it to take it slow instead of rushing or looking up guides and videos of the popular events in the game

So there's nothing to do in the game but walk around and collect stuff? I mainly want to know if it's like Limbo or Inside because I love that sort of genre.

archive.uboachan.net/media/src/Yume_Nikki.rar if you don't want to download it from Steam

You can get lost easily since most worlds loop themselves and have few reference points. Some zones can be only accessed with specific items.

There aren't puzzles, just infinite walking without no objectives other than collect 24 effects in order to get the ending.
Keep in mind that the game was released when walking simulators were not yet popular, hence the game's fame.

I wouldn't get it if you aren't a yume nikki fan. The gameplay will probably be shit like last one, but that's not the reason people play it. It has a magical charm to it, almost impossible to describe, but the new one will undoubtedly have that vibe too if Kikiyama was a part of the production.

>Sup Forums hates Undertale because it's anindie game with little to no gameplay and hideous graphics
>Sup Forums loves Yume Nikki

>undertale
>furfag shit with obnoxious fanbase
>yume nikki
>weeb kino with productive, reseerved fanbase that makes cool new rpgmaker content

Sup Forums doesn't hate Undertale because of the gameplay.

So if I like walking around dream worlds, will I like this game? I've looked up images from the game, and they have me intrigued. Do people like this girl because she's cute or something?

I still dont even trust that they got kikiyama to "supervise" it like they said and even then he only "supervised" which gives us no idea on how involved he was with it

>Undertale because it's anindie game with little to no gameplay
huh? Undertale has gameplay though.

They'll release a drm free version so there's nothing to crack

you obviously werent here for the first 2 weeks of its release where there was a thread every day with real discussion and dare I say fun

I think people like Mado because shes kind of relatable in the whole hiki/neet way. This is the only "official" art we have of mado from Kikiyama iirc

people like throwup girl because her sprite is cute and shes a hikikomori who spends all her time dreaming very interesting dreams
and yes the rpg maker yume nikki is all about jsut exploring dreams

(you)
Keep in mind that YN was made in 2004 when the internet was starting to grow in popularity and walking sims were a novelty.

>Do people like this girl because she's cute or something?
Some of them do. The game itself doesn't have a plot and it's criptic as fuck, and that was what people liked the most. Creating theories in order to explain why Madotsuki dreams all those things and why she doesn't want to left her room.

>Why do I need to be patient to play it?
Many events are string of other events that people would rarely trigger in a blind playthrough, the game is not for a person who doesn't like walking simulators, it really isn't.

Basically you gotta really apreaciated it, since having a walkthrough in hand kinda kills the purpose of the game.

>shes kind of relatable in the whole hiki/neet way
So she's like the majority of Sup Forums.
>The game itself doesn't have a plot and it's criptic as fuck
Is it cryptic like Limbo and Inside? Because people spent a lot of time trying to decipher the meaning of those games.

I would say, torrent it in a few days, then buy it if you end up liking it. Only reason I'm buying it is because I loved the original.

and aren't completely correct. The main reason people like this game and why it spawned so many imitators was because of the mood of the game. It's just mindlessly walking around different areas listening to the same droning sounds over and over again, and completely aimless and unplayable without a guide. There's an otherworldly charm to it, and trying to piece together all the shit in the game and glean some meaning is fun as well.

cryptic in the sense that there isnt and never will be an explanation so your interpretation of what anything means is as good a guess as anyone elses

>So she's like the majority of Sup Forums.
yep

>play original
>just roaming around strange world
>don't know what to do
>game gives no clues at all
was i doing something wrong

no you were doing everything right

Limbo tries to tell a "story", yume Nikki doesn't even do that, it's all speculation from the environment

no.
I hated yume nikki at first, but the more I came back to it the more I loved it. The spinoff fangames like .flow and yume2kki are actually much better. I would recommend playing those.

>Yume Nikki is literally a walking simulator
>Sup Forums loves it because it was made by a gook instead of a filthy white piggu

>Is it cryptic like Limbo and Inside?
Something like that. In YN each world is totally unrelated with each other and most of the items only have a cosmetic effect. So it's perfect for those who like to make their own headcanon.
Even the official manga and light novel are considered fanwork.
Pic related is the actual look of the original game

Nope, the game is that boring, you really gotta love clicking on random shit and walking aimlessly till a miracle happens and a new event pops up.

correct. There is no real "story," but things don't happen at random. Aside from the ending, it is in fact a great metaphor for what a dream is.

Sup Forums loves it because its not your average waling sim. most walking sims have you walk and it tells you a story, usually a shitty one. Yume nikki has you walk and what keeps you wanting to keep going is the strange world and atmosphere

It isn't, read the fucking thread. It's literally just an interactive experience, there's no (real) combat, progression hints, direction or puzzles, it's entirely non linear atmospheric discovery. The goal is you collect a bunch of items that you can turn into eggs in the hub dream world, that's it.

>jap walking sim doesnt have any story
>western one shoves fag propaganda down your throat as "story"
wooooow

enjoy your (you) fag

>Is it cryptic like Limbo and Inside?
Limbo had a clear cut story once you stopped to think about it, everything in Yume Nikki is pure 100% especulation, there's no story. That's why theorists love these types of games, they can make your story about how Madotsuki (made up name based on her shirt, she has no name) was a rape victim and how she is dealing with the trauma.

>still making yume threads on Sup Forums

That's almost the entirely of the gameplay. You also need to find 24 effects in order to unlock the ending. There are some weird events too, but they are totally optional.

(you)
People loved it because it was a novelty in 2004 and the lack of a real story let them make their own theories and fanworks.

pretty sure mado's name isnt made up. If I remember correctly shes one of the few things that have a name in the code

Undertale has actual gameplay and was loved on Sup Forums until the autistic furfag/tumblr fanbase got out of hand with it you dumb newfag. Yume Nikki has been a Sup Forums staple and lauded since like 2006/2007

"Windowed" as in her shirt, that's what Madotsuki means, and the code reflects that.

>western walking sim is some white girl crying about some bullshit or WOW SO DEEP """metaphors""" set in the real world
>Eastern walking sim is a visually interesting dream scape with no message, plot or agenda, you literally just walk around and discover the abstract settings

From the Yume Nikki wikia:
>The word "Madotsuki" means "windowed" (as in a box or envelope) or "aperture" (see its dictionary entry here ). The name appears in the menu as the name of the player-character, and (in the Japanese language version) is the only place where kanji appears in the game. All other text in the game—the game menus, instructions, the "menu has changed" notice, Nasu, and even the title screen of the game—is written using the hiragana alphabet.

>tfw you dislike the original game and are looking forward to the remake for the chance at making it a real game instead of a walking sim because you like the 'setting'

Sup Forums loves it because it was grandfathered in before "walking simulator" was a buzzword. ignore any other arguments because they're lies.

I definitely can see this remake being more streamlined, there's no way Kadokawa would pump money into a project that could have potential new players refunding the game after one hour of not knowing that the fuck there is to do, or maybe a streamlined mode separated from the original mode.

>he doesn't know about the bike glitch that makes the game go by 200x faster, thus rendering it less boring
>he wants a dumb generic weeb horror game that doesn't have the same atmosphere instead

I still am not 100% sure if this new game is entirely a sidescroller or not.

That chair bike glitch was a goddamn life saver.

They both have their merits. I'm a huge madofag, and even I think YN was garbage compared to what it could have been with proper structure and thought put into it. It's fangames were way better in that regard.
but yeah western Walking sims are mostly meant to entice tumblr art thots and idiots.

>the fanbase having anything to do with the actual game

cool meme retard

It has several preset angles, you can see that in the different trailers, the camera will be focused on whatever the situation calls for it.

I always preferred .flow over Yume Nikki, but I'm curious about what Kadokawa did in the new game.

new footage shows it has normal 3d movement
no clue if the levels are huge like the one ones though

usually I'd agree, but it wasn't coincident that undertale has a fucking awful faggot fanbase, the game was pretty much made to be tumblrbait. It's music is honestly the only thing that makes it notable. I find literally nothing else memorable about the game, unlike YN

read this undertale redpill: twitlonger.com/show/n_1so68ou

>learn lol has made other games, get super excited because .flow has some of my favorite horror atmosphere ever
>play them
>they're boring and have nothing that made .flow good.

That was a disappointing afternoon to be sure.

walking simulators are first person, a rpg maker game can't be a walking simulator

I love dotflow, I have a thing for cute girls with silver hair...I should make some fanart

>a rpg maker game can't be a walking simulator
You make little girl walk a lot, like a whole lot, then get a bike, then go around seeking something to do, it's a walking cycling simulator.

>.flow
yeah, I only play one of the other games... what a disappointment

>walking simulators are first person, a rpg maker game can't be a walking simulator
According to who? Walking is the primary aspect of games like YN, so it can be considered a walking simulator.

I started to watch Hunter X Hunter because Killlua looked like Sabi. Now I'm waiting for the last chapter of the new world saga.

sure hope it's not a steaming pile of shit designed to bait youtube videos
sure hope it's not full of jumpscares and generic tense string music

It's a shame that the graphical fidelity probably came at the cost of having a game packed full of secrets. The entire game is probably going to be cataloged in a week at most.

I actually kind of wish they had just made a completely different game about a different person's dreams, instead of bringing back Madotsuki and making half of a remake.

So how many streamers will try their hands at this? Yume Nikki was one of the earlier attempts at those faggots doing the "jumpscares reaction" bullshit years ago.

for all we know kikiyama has been dead for years
whether or not that actually happened, i can pretty safely say that no money from this will ever reach kikiyama

>sure hope it's not a steaming pile of shit designed to bait youtube videos
Like the original? Even if it wasn't Kikiyama's intent all popular Yume Nikki videos are people reacting to shit or uploading an event that is guaranteed to make people comment on how weird/scary it was.

Fangame crossover when?
I want to play as awoooo girl.

All of them
Just think, the entire five nights at freddys fanbase, swarming this game, destroying it and not even realizing that it came from an RPG maker game from 2004
I want to die.

>thebestgamers
Went from being hilarious to a bunch of whiny attention seeking faggots on twitter, way to completely invalidate yourself.

It will be a 3D date game. Madotsuki, Poniko, Monoko, Monoe and Toriningen are competing for the love of Masada-sensei.

no it can't the term walking simulator came from people criticizing Bethesda games and the like, how new are you? A walking simulator has to be in first person or it wouldn't be simulator at all.

Five Nights fans are just a bunch of furries and children, both of which I'm hoping will lose interest pretty quickly.

yeah that's cool that some youtube shitheels managed to squeeze "jumpscare reactions" videos out of the original
now imagine if shit like uboa and FACE are mandatory occurrences on a linear path and the game's got like 15 more of 'em
great
wonderful re-imagining of a "cult horror game"

Does the game have any challenge? Are there any jump scares or monsters chasing you? Or is it just mindless walking?

it looks like shit honestly, and yet i am still excited and will play it. probably not til after ESA tho

does she ever get lewded?

nigger just go play it or fuck off

NASU is pretty hard.
I swear the hit detection on those eggplants is fucking bullshit.

who /2kki/ here