youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo
straitstimes.com/tech/games-apps/gaming-armagallant-just-plods-on
steamcharts.com/app/570
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's very wishful thinking

is it?

so what, did they explain how it plays yet

gwent is shit btw. idk why people hyped that up in the witcher

*is successful enough to make Blizzard take their heads out of their asses and hire competent people for the HS team*

yes?

>idk why people hyped that up in the witcher
>hyped up
>the witcher
user...?

You wished.

but I said gwent because it's another new card game

I hope you're ready to pay $50 for the unusual-only card with a fart effect on it on the steam market

Supposedly, you control 5 heroes and you play on on the dota map, you basically play a match of dota controlling a full team.

no?

mite b cool

I hate mobas because they take so long and you have to play with antisocial retards

but I like the grinding of loot and gold and stuff

I'm dropping Shitstone so fast if it turns out this game has trading, fair pack system, and is actually a decent game.

Only cosmetic though.

Magic Arena is going to kill them all when it comes out.

You are a fucking idiot if you think HS has any hope of becoming a good game. It is a dumbed down piece of shit, fundamentally flawed by its core design.

youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo

what a disaster of a company

the enron of vidya

how to go from the king to shit in just over / under 10 years

they're still king, they just realized they make more money by leeching off of other people's work. since they get 30% of everything sold on steam

Saw a PS4 card game on the shelf and took a photo. This seems like a good place to put it.

You really think a Dota-themed card game is going to kill the giant that is Hearthstone?
Do you really think Dota world and lore has anything close to a shot compared to Warcraft's world and lore?

Sounds kinda cool. It will either be good or complete trash.

Literally every hearthstone player is saying they'll switch to Artifact if Blizzard stop being such fucking jews

>Hearthstone meets Warcraft

I spat out my juice, thanks

>people talking shit on valve again
>gonna knock it out of the park and make $10 B like they always do

You act as if Hearthstone is popular because of the lore.

How do you kill what is already dead?

Hearthstone lost the Heroes of Warcraft tag a long time ago m8

They will make it pay2win and sell cards through steam marketplace. That will be the catch for poor f2p hordes who live off trading.

*kills my hopes and dreams*
T-Thanks valve

I'm a long time Warcraft fan and would never touched the game if not for the franchise.

True, but not for lack of trying to suck

HS is partly popular because of how good it looks. Artwork is excellent and the UX is just really, really well done compared to something as busy and incohesive as Shadowverse. This Artifact logo looks like some really generic "modern" triangular design, doesn't bode well.

Are they ever going to show anything about this fucking game?

Valve is back on the menu boys

I don't know, the dota playerbase is pretty much "closed off" to the rest of the communities so unless the game has a wide appeal like HS I don't see anyone else besides dota players play the game.

Implying it'll ever come out

Despite hating that valve not make games anymore, and is jumping in the card game meme, as someone who dropped HS for being way too greedy, i would like to see Blizz get fucked once again.

Honestly hope Artifact is good and get thousand and thousands of players.

of course it will, just like how they panicked and shat out dota when league and hon grew

I'd rather play Eternal.

>Armagallant is a cross between a deck-building game and a real-time strategy game. Think Hearthstone meets WarCraft.

straitstimes.com/tech/games-apps/gaming-armagallant-just-plods-on

and
>dota players
>playing other games
90% of the people I get matched with have 10k hours in Dota 2 and then they have CSGO and maybe PUBG/Rocket League.

>Artwork is excellent
Stopped reading right there. The artwork is absolutely horrendous and the quality of animations low.

Fucking idiot.

My nigga.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

>when HoN grew
Boy i wish this was true

I don't play cancer games but isn't dota fuckoff huge right now?

Would be sweet if they did some crossover thing with other valve games in some cards.

Nice one, you're completely wrong though. Might want to kill yourself for your shit opinion.

I had such high hopes for Gwent
They turned it to absolute garbage. It got worse and worse every patch but around Christmas time it became completely irredeemable.
I abused my way into GM with the most hilarious Emhyr bug and got banned as a reason to never play it again.

i didnt know the aurora borealis was retconned in mexico

Dota is big but it has been going slightly downhill. But people say that only people with issues play it and they only care about it because they watch esports.

seek help, such a burden is too much to bear for one man

Guys, guys... let's talk about the most underrated card game, ok? Seriously this needs more players, Bethesda deserves more praise, they really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Artwork is cartoony trash in Hearthstone. It's for casuals so it makes sense I guess.
Just compare the art to Gwent or something

Artifact sounds fun, though.

>3 lanes
>play heroes, creature cards to push etc
>tradable cards

Shadowverse has good art too

Gwent has generic fantasy art while HS has a cohesive, semi-cartoony design pulled straight from WoW and refined. Everyone recognizes it. Plus, the Gwent UI and even the card frames just look really fucking bland.

So does HS

w-wah

Aurora Borealis!? At this time of year, at this time of day, at this part of Mexico, localized entirely within FFXV?!

yeah that looks great, junior. the pinnacle of art.
blizzard's billions of dollars really put to work there

How many times over do you think blizzard has covered their development investment into hearthstone? It's a lootcrate dev's wet dream.

The Dota lore is god tier though

I wonder if magic arena will finally be an afordable way to play drafts or just another cash milking scam

The biggest thing Artifact could do NO other online card game does is trading. The trading and selling factor could be fucking huge

Shadowverse for a long time was the best digital card game IMO. But now the meta has been reduced as fuck and there is no deck variety.

Many, many times. Especially since they just ripped so much art from their failed TCG

> It's colorful so it's bad

HS "art" is extremely childish, cartoony crap. If you compare it to any card game with actually decent art created by talented artists, it is absolute dogshit. I can fucking tell you have no experience in the field of arts.

yes

That's just rushed shit, user. You have the mental and intellectual age of a 4-year old.

can I play it?

It’s just that DotA players are highly autistic, elitist, and treat everything like it’s the end of the world. But they always come back. It’s kind of like Sup Forums, in a way. They’ll play Artifact for the hats and because it’s dota, but they’ll never leave the game itself

It's obviously going to be a thing. They already have the infrastructure. They just have to figure out a system where everyone can get every card without paying.

Since SFL it's been mostly fine, and there are more than 11 decks with rough 50% wr so there is variety. I think there will always be the most popular decks like any game has the most popular character, just nature running its course

Looks like something pulled out of deviantart

>*kills league of legends*
oh wait

Jesus Christ, that looks like from some children's dinosaur movie...

How old are you? Seriously, I'd love to know.

You provided no arguments beside "It's not edgy enough".

This artwork far exceeds in artistic talent anything you "muh realism! Muh gothic!" hacks have posted so far

I mostly play midwars, its fun.

That's almost all art direction, Hearthstone's theme is all about being cartoony and comedy, tons of puns and memes on card names and the dialogue on the adventures is comedy, not sure why it's bad to match the tone of the game

With the steam marketplace, it will actually be possible for people to sell their cards directly for steam wallet money if Valve chooses to implement it.

> Proceeds to post the most deviantart-tier work he can find
S-sure showed him

> IT'S NOT EDGY ENOUGH
> WHY DOES THIS ART HAVE NO RAPE AND BLADES IN IT?!

It did lul
>league player base on steady decline
>dota growing like hell
>new tournaments
>new pros
>new streamers
>gaben doesn't ban people from creating their own tournaments, streaming etc.
>commentators are paid well and are not treated like slaves
OOF my friend, i fucking hate dota, but even I can't deny how much better it is than league of trash

Reminder that this is unironically better than 99% of current virtual card games.

0/10

>coin flips: the card game
>good

I don’t think that was the intention, though. Wasn’t Icefrog already with S2, and later Valve, trying to get a successor ready by the time Rito showed up and killed the forums?

Why are you crying about everyone telling your art is not edgy enough when no one has said such a thing? It lacks details and creativity, it's just art for children.

You say the art is World of Warcraftish and you could not be further from the truth. HS art is literally Pixar tier.

If you are a fan of the modern WoW you don't even deserve to be on this site to begin with.

>dota growing like hell

I love DOTA2 but come the fuck on dude, stop with the delusions

>dota growing like hell
steamcharts.com/app/570
What did he mean by this?
:thinking:

>autistic Dota players vs. autistic card game players

Yikes

>Proceeds to post the most deviantart-tier work he can find
But that's from MtG, sweetie. A game with infinitely better art, even though it has been pretty sloppy in the last few sets.

More like *kills half-life fans*

Not with the current economy. It'll be really pricey, and f2p will be night impossible.
t. some who isn't in the beta but is following it very closely.
Also, go back to shilling this game in reddit anytime.

None of these shit games will ever reach shandalar.

The casual player base is at its peek.
more and more normies are interested lul.
>guess you have to plays 24/7 dota to spend money on tournaments right?????? right?????

When info is this based on?

All of you are plebs. Early magic had the best art, lore, and art direction.

It's literally better in every way. "Details" is not an argument. There is close to infinite detail in a bag of shit, which you are.