Why do they play with us? Are the people at Valve that sadistic? Why is his return a pre-purchase?

Why do they play with us? Are the people at Valve that sadistic? Why is his return a pre-purchase?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1tYzeuMIyE
steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
store.steampowered.com/app/723390/Hunt_Down_The_Freeman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off.

Half-Life fangoys deserve it. That game is trash
>Gary Stu silent protagonist
>story is a nothingburger
>"durr it's subtle"
>takes credit for everything Quake and Goldeneye did the year before.

found the underage fag

this

Name one FPS where the player character isn't a Mary Sue

>takes credit for everything Quake and Goldeneye did the year before.
and that is?

I can't wait to be a teleporting anime teen dressed up in a hazmat suit that makes him look fat

Windows EOL is in less than two years. Valve will want to have a killer app to push post-Windows PC gaming instead of the locked down experiences on future Windows CoreOS, MacOS, iOS, etc.

Its really time to think about following Gabes instructions to switch to GNU/Linux, he said it might come faster if you did but no one listened.

>nothingburger
?

>protagonist at a place that does SCIENCE
>accident happens that opens a gate to somewhere else
>beings from Somewhere Else come through and take over
>protagonist has to kick their asses
>finally goes to the place they come from to defeat a big boss
>sequel takes place in normal cities and towns
Wow, I love DOOM

American terminology is heavily reliant on burgers.

Underage fags are the ones who csnt stoo sucking half life dick, nobody wants the game its just a meme

>boohoo he butchered the one thing about half-life that was touted as so revolutionary and great and now my entire worldview has been turned upside down

HL fans are annoying, only HL1 was good

>unironically playing Diversity: the game

>Last game Gordon Freeman will ever be in is a Final Fantasy game

I admit, I did not expect to be in this timeline

>"HL copied DOOM!!!!"
Doom's story was just paragraphs of text. Woah how immersive.

So whats causing the autism this time?

the most bizarre fucking shit i have seen in video games since kingdom hearts

and both were final fantasy related

what a coincidence, jesus.

>Have super successful franchise that millions would buy
>Literally the most wanted sequel of all time
>Everyone saying they would give anything for it
>"Nah, I don't really feel like it"

Is a dumb Sup Forums meme, his brain has been turned to mush via memes.

Noctis is a dlc in HL3

Which is where they belong. Making a game be primarily a fucking narrative is what's gone wrong with gaming over the last 20 or so years.

Again, you're mad that modern gaming is a farce going all the way back to its origins with shitty moviegame garbage like HL and poor gameplay 3d shit like Mario 64.

>mfw Half Life 2 Episode 1 came out the year Versus XIII started development

What a fucking joke of a game, Square should be ashamed of themselves.

Fallout 4

>making something for money rather than because you want to
search your feelings user
you know it to be better this way

>he hasn't given up hope yet
It's never gonna come out, move on.

ACfag, go fellate a shotgun

>faceless silent protag is bad

But faceless silent protags are god tier

Try again sweetie

He's not a Gary Stu
He's literally only good at Physics and killing
and the first one is his career, the second one they actually make reference to how strange it is.
He's also not a self insert by the author

Both games are about inexplicably slaughtering hordes of alien horror. The difference is that one is about the character that made the mess, one is about the character who's job is to clean it up.
Cool af desu

>i like my characters so fucking edgy teehee
>gackt in 2018
>or any fucking year past 1990

go back to Sup Forums

>Be vague as fuck
>WOW LOOK HOW SIMILAR

Why the fuck would anyone think a player-character is a mary sue?
The character is literally only as capable as the person behind the controls.

>Half-Life team was mentioned

So, there's still people """"""""""""""""""""working""""""""""""""""""""""""" on it huh.

And what did Goldeneye do exactly besides having the worst controls in any fps game ever on the console with the worst controller ever?

>takes credit for everything Quake did
>is literally built on the Quake engine

>Half the game is angry birds tier physics puzzles, because the devs were more interested in making an engine tech demo than a game

>People still defend Valve
>In 2018
>when they haven't released a game in literally years
>The Lab doesn't count because its literally a tech demo

>character is capable of something
>Sup Forums: MARY SUE PROTAGONIST!!!!

Wait, really??

>Valve fucking over their fans and cucking them out of closure is now a good thing according to Valve fans

youtube.com/watch?v=k1tYzeuMIyE

Company that
>invented DRM as standard
>Invented F2P Microtransaction driven games
>Invented paid for mods
>Invented loot boxes
>Invented always on DRM
>Has their most classic franchise reduced to a fucking cosmetic preorder purchase

Should have seen it coming really.

I wanna know more about this "Half-Life team" tho.

>Invented always on DRM
Hey, cut that shit out. Steam DRM only checks when a game launches, and in the mid 00s that replaced CD Checks and securom, so take that fucking like back. Steam made DRM tolerable and got out of the consumers way. It killed securom and saves PC gaming. You might not like it but that's the truth

>Invented paid for mods
>Invented loot boxes
>Invented always on DRM

None of that is true.

Please cite the actual companies that invented those then

Loot boxes (tf2) and paid mods (Skyrim steam workshop) were invented by Valve, yes.

>DRM is good when Daddy Gaben feeds it to me

Stalker?

Yeah, completely ignore what I said because you were too young to live through it. Securom and CD checks were literally destroying PC gaming and Steam found a way to add value to DRM with the steam library and make buying and playing games easy instead of hard. They did that, it's an accomplishment, and you aren't allowed to lie about it when I'm around. Fuck you.

They worked quite a bit on Rocket League less than two years ago. Valve employees confirmed not that long ago that they were still working with Capcom but weren't ready to make any announcements.
Perhaps it would be better for you to say that they haven't released an original Windows game in years?

Valves most interesting work the last few years have all been in gaming infrastructure, like their hiring of developers to work on third-party drivers for AMD hardware that are faster, most stable, and more standards compliant than AMD's own have ever been.

Ambiguity in translation, probably.
Valve has PR; they send out hats. Doesn't mean much beyond that.

if by capable of something you mean "is in a game", I got a couple of other characters that fit that definition of capable, like, every game ever made

>THING happens
>protagonist reacts to THING
HOLY SHIT WE'VE BEEN PLAYING THE SAME GAME OVER AND OVER

Crysis 2
Sure the player character was an engine of death but it literally came at the cost of being a crippled dead man walking enslaved to a piece of technology that ultimately does most of the work. It really doesn't turn out well for him. He was just some random guy at the wrong place at the wrong time.

DRM has existed as far back as the 90s. Early forms of it included "Tagès" which was created in 2001. (Steam released 2003)

>Invented loot boxes
F2P games existed in this form long before TF2. Chinese/Korean MMOs and PVP games had cash shops with P2W items in them as far back as 2007 in ZT Online. Atlantica online had lootboxes in 2008. TF2 did not have lootboxes until the Mann-Conomy Update in 2010.

>Invented paid for mods
This one is probably true. I can't find or remember any previous instances of paid mods.

>Invented always on DRM
This is called "phoning-home" which various pieces of software have done as far back as the late 90s. Steam itself isn't inherently DRM either. There are multiple games on steam that can be downloaded, shared and backed up without the need to have steam installed. Here is a list of them: steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

postal 2

Lootboxes existed in F2P games in china long before TF2 added them.

Ok, then they put lootboxes in Western games before anyone else

Maplestory's had a cash shop since its launch in 2003, paid-mods were likely Bethesda's idea (which isn't to say that Gabe wasn't ALL OVER that shit, he still is because he suffers under the delusion that fan-created modifications are in the name of profit and he got blown the fuck out on Reddit of all places for this)

You are so underage it hurts

>Cash shop
Micro transactions and loot boxes aren't the same thing
And yeah, Gabe was at the forefront of paid mods and it was his idea to actually implement it in the steam market
I've actually been proven right so far in this thread though, to an extent. Only Chinese MMOs had lootboxes before tf2. That's more of a technicality than being overtly wrong, since none of us live in China and thus Valve brought loot boxes to our world. They didn't exist in our sphere of existence before them.

>being technically wrong isn't the same as being wrong
bait/10

Yeah, I stand by that. Valve brought loot boxes into the western world. They're responsible for it, end of story

>They didn't exist in our sphere of existence before them.
For you maybe, probably because you're likely 17-20 years old. Myself and plenty of other people i know played F2P FPS & MMOs from China/Korea that had lootboxes which where just called blind-boxes then. A lot of those games got localized in some form too, although most never made it past beta because they were all shit.

You're just showing how much of an insufferable little shit you are with this I WAS TECHNICALLY RIGHT bullshit. You made a claim that you had absolutely no idea about and you were wrong. Eat shit.

>mann-conomy was 8 years ago
holy fuck

The steady descent of VNN into insanity is really something

>Myself and plenty of other people i know played F2P FPS & MMOs from China/Korea that had lootboxes
So you not only played shitty, obscure games nobody on this side of the world cared about, but you also supported some of the most cancerous gaming models known to man. Holy shit, you're totally reddit.

>If you don't play literal Chinese F2P MMOs then you're underage
We'll discuss your embarrassing, pathetic attempt to excuse that behavior as normal at the next 25+ club

>Holy shit, you're totally reddit.
you are trying way to hard to fit in

It's the path he choose. I like him tho.

No, you're the one doing that, by calling the other user underage for not considering shitty chink games that made no impact in the west a part of the conversation. You piss me off with your pretend oldfag attitude.

>They're responsible for it, end of story
That's not how this works. All Valve did was take lootboxes popularized in Chinese/Korean MMOs and bring them to their own game and it was done in a way that was implemented in a much better way for the players. Lootboxes in Chinese/Korean games were literal P2W bullshit with 0.0001% chance of getting an item that would let you shit on everyone without that piece of gear for free.

I don't see how you don't blame the companies that are taking the idea of lootboxes and fucking their game design with it but you do blame Valve? And anyway, EA had been playing with this idea as far back as ufea champions league in 2007 which was the first football game EA made that had ultimate team in it.

I just nutted over the fact that, as far as I know, thats a 2018 render of Gordon Freeman

Yeah my man, totally me. We'll ignore how I have literally put no money into any of those F2P games.

You're literally not old enough and don't have enough knowledge to be talking about this. You're the retard that also thought Valve invented DRM.

>shitty chink games that made no impact in the west a part of the conversation
Except for the businesses that copied their model but sure, no impact other than that. :^)

Imagine having to be so deluded in your fanboyism you actually believe all this

You don't know enough about me. Good luck with the strawman.

Here's a protip: shitty mid 00s mmos are not unknown or something only cool kids played. Everybody knew about them and everybody forgot them after two hours because they were bad games.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
JUST TELL US IT'S OVER VALVE

Why the fuck are you people acting so entitled? We have a brand fucking new Half-Life coming out soon

store.steampowered.com/app/723390/Hunt_Down_The_Freeman/

More like Valve realized it'd rather run an online storefront than make games

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Kill yourself

Someone post the OpFor futa audio that got cut.

Be sure to be in bed by 10PM mister.

Actually, it's 6 AM and I do night shifts. Sleep by day.

Watching this actually upset me.
I fucking hate Valve.

>PC version has the AC DLC axed
>instead PC is just getting a reskin

So instead of being underage, you're just ignorant? That's worse.

You obviously never played or are a fucking retard to make such a claim.

What the fuck is this and why does it make me angry

I dont even care about valves hl anymore, I just want xen released