Is Fatal1ty the greatest gamer ever?

Is Fatal1ty the greatest gamer ever?

No, he cheated by consuming gamer fuel, while everyone else was eating regular food

not a single chance he would be able to beat human elementâ„¢

the greatest gamer of all time is Flash

No, it's Mew2King.

This

>not powering up your game

wew

Many consider him the best because he utterly dominated in a time when FPS games were enormous. Everyone in the world had Quake installed, and he beat them all.

FPS is still big, but it's significantly smaller than then. And by the way, Fatal1ty didn't just dominate Quake, he basically would visit every new FPS game, clean out its big tournaments, then go back to Quake when the tournaments dried up in the new game.

Quake is not a relevant game anymore

no but greatest FPS arena player yes . and FPS arenas are HARDER than regular fpss

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

>he eats like a noob
t. poorfag

Is he the biggest sellout in gaming?

Mew2King plays Melee, which is way smaller than Starcraft, you're talking 10 top tier players vs. a couple hundred, and Mew2King also doesn't have a nearly 80% winrate in professional settings.

He was good to capitalize on what he had, now he doesn't have to do shit.

stop eating noob food and get grub you scrub

no one can stop him

there are bigger sellouts in gaming today for absolute certainty, especially now that youtube and twitch exists.
he was just the first sellout of this stupid "watch powernerds good at games play games against each other" shit.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

is he the only famous pro gamer? I cannot think of anyone else who is as well known as him. And no, i'm not talking about nerds so shut the fuck up before you nerds respond about some bull shit eceleb pro gamer retards that no one knows about. fatal1tys name was on fucking video cards and mouse and keyboards

>nuts of destruction
>cashews of chaos

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRASCTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
git gud Sup Forums

lol what a joke
puppey can suck it

His name is still on PC hardware

But outside of asia, there's not many other famous gamers like him before twitch/youtube

Didn't Fatality also lend his name to motherboards?

I have this ryzen motherboard with his branding

M2K isn't even better than Azen. Mastery of one franchise, or, hell, even genre, is impressive, but being consistently dominant in various genres is true greatness.

Is he still relevant?

>But outside of asia
You reminded me, I was looking for GTX 960s when I came across this Japanese 960. Is the dude some sort of gaming personality in Japan? I'm surprised PC gaming is at all relevant there, let alone enough to have someone brand their hardware.

He still has a daily or weekly twitch stream with PUBG currently and makes money from branding

>tfw autistic weeaboo ruins you

>What's Quake?

Yup
And any PC gamer with a remote interest in FPS games worth his shit knows who he is.

I have no idea, but I was talking more about SC2 players, Warcraft 3 Players, Dota players ect.

Like old man BurNing

>ctrl+f
>"tokido"
>0 results
ok...
>"Murderface"
>0 results
P A T H E T I C

delet

ok, is this some new meme or do all numales do this?

Japanese businesses make it harder to make your own computer there, prices there are ridiculous and a lot of the servers are hosted overseas

>practice practice practice
>when you're not practicing, you should be practicing
Still the best advice anyone has ever said on the subject of getting good.

>Me2king isn't even better than Azen
Explain

I did in the post you quoted. Finish reading before you reply.

>don't be a noob

>Japanese businesses make it harder to make your own computer there, prices there are ridiculous

Probably has nothing to do with certain console makers controlling the market so that they literally have no competition.

Tell me about Azen then. What other games does he play and how good is he in them? Be as concise as you want to.

Well that too. That's why a lot of PC gamers there buy overseas, and the westaboos either learn english or wait for dubs which almost never come
There are more PC gamers than you think lads, just nowhere near as the west.

OFFICIAL G4M3R F00D POWER RANKINGS

1. CASHEWS OF CHAOS
2. NUTS OF DESTRUCTION
9000000000001. SEEDS OF VICTORY

Just for one more example, he was incredibly competitive at Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League as well, which requires a completely different skill set than the Smash series and fighting games in general.

what do you mean "famous"? he's not the only famous pro gamer, but his current popularity is more due to him making a business and a brand out of his name than being good at games.

he's the only one who managed any kind of success in that area as far as i know

Fata1ity was a decent quake player that got out after the giants moved in. He sold out to get access to games before everyone else got them which allowed him to briefly be the best at new games before everyone else caught up. He would always quit while he was on top and never stick around for when actual good players would destroy him. If you honestly think he's the best at anything you're a retard. He's just a lucky bitch that sold out at the right time.

The only one that is on the same level of popularity and also whose name is a huge brand is a Dendi. I think he even more popular than Fatal1ty

>Is Fatal1ty the greatest gamer ever?
Greatest? Maybe. He may go down in history as the most famous gamer ever by virtue of being the first famous gamer in the first place. He was really the first person consistently successful enough in multiple competitive video games to make any kind of name for himself and that in and of itself is a huge accomplishment.

>quitting while you're ahead is a bad thing

Why are people who use the term gamer so cringy? I can imagine their mouth is wide open while they're clutching their switch as they type "gamer"

He's got nothing on Thresh.

Are there even any Japanese GPU makers? You'd figure one of the Japanese semiconductor companies like Fujitsu, Panasonic, NEC could manufacture GPUs in Japan so that they will be cheaper, but I bet they don't bother because "the market isn't there".

Ah I didn't know he played other games. I hold M2K at a far greater level regardless because of his achievements purely in smashbros but Azen sounds pretty great too. Would Faker be the best by your definition?

HOW WILL EL PRESIDENTE EVER RECOVER?

I still think JOHN FUCKING NUMBERS deserves a mention.

>he jobbed cosmo so hard he became a tranny

>people still complaining about johnny selling out
never gets old. he played everyone that came at him at the time. those giants simply filled the void when he left

I'd agree that M2K is probably the best when you consider the entire Smash franchise as a whole, no doubt. But when someone says "gamer" I think "athlete" which is more of a generic term. For example, Barry Sanders is a better running back, but Bo Jackson is the better athlete, if that makes sense.

I don't know anything about Faker so I couldn't comment but if he's competitive in multiple genres, then yeah, I could see the argument made for him.

On a serious note would Fear be considered the greatest DotA player in history? In terms of peaks there were plenty of players, even good ol' Jimmy, who was better than Fear, but no one lasted anywhere as long as Fear did. He started playing competitively before it was even a thing, and he stuck around despite NA never keeping a team intact until he won a TI. He was a relevant player for a decade and by the time he retired he can play pretty much any hero. The number of players that can do that can probably be counted on one hand.

>mfw someone tries to argue Flash isn't the greatest gamer of all time

galax is chinese and they make some fine ass cards like their white pcb hall of fame series. I want to get one of those and put it on a white motherboard like the ones asus makes.

*blocks your path*

Is Galax the same company as Galaxy, or are they two separate companies?

I love Flash but I'm upset Jaedong isn't on his level any more, Flash is outclassing everyone match after match, even the Dong, it's actually kind of boring

And...? No different than a poker player cashing out when they're ahead. Jealous much?

Sounds like you're just insecure about your own hobby. When I drop "gamer" at the club panties drop scrub. Git gud.

I am surprised Larva hasn't gone insane yet with all the beating he gets from Flash.

>"the market isn't there".
But it literally isn't.

That's not shroud

Wait, are they back to playing BW competitively?

>he hasn't followed the last 4 ASL's where Flash won 3 straight

This. Really got a kick out of reading Game Boys and how the big struggle in early CS teams was who had Fatality.

that was so fucking cringe with him trying to do the Akuma "my back faces you because im 2edgy4u" shit

Nigga, Afreeca started a new starleague for BW, the ASL, the scene is, amazingly, hotter than it has ever been before, and Flash looks better than he ever has in his entire career, watch ASL S3 and S4 dude's scary with how consistent he is, for reference, I'd say Jaedong is playing about as good, at this point, as he was in 2k9, and he struggles to keep up with Flash in every game they have.

It's really nice seeing the crowd turnouts for their matches though, extremely nostalgiac.

>FUCK YOU DENDI YOU LITTLE TWINK, WHY DO THE FANS LOVE YOU AND HATE ME?! EXPLAIN?! OH, YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THROUGH YOUR SHATTERED TEETH CAN YOU?! WHAT'S WRONG, NO CHARMING COMEBACK?! NO AUDIENCE TO SAVE YOU?! DIE, WORM!

What did Puppey mean by this?

Kind of. The former pros stream now for a stable income. ASL is the only league with comparable payout to the former professional leagues. There are a bunch of other leagues with payouts in the hundreds or thousands. Viewers also do sponsored matches so two streamers will play a best of 9 or 11 to get a jackpot of $100-$500.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I literally had no idea they were still playing after SC2 flamed out. I remember Blizzard giving them shit for not switching to the newer game, culminating in that awkward season where they had to play both BW and SC2 matches. I followed Flash for a bit in his SC2 days and it was lame to watch him lose to scrubs in that game. Glad Blizzard stepped off and let them do their thing again.

Before VODs were a thing you could stream online I used to download replays off of GosuGamers.

definitely the most important and influential eSports player of all time

>Fatal1ty started professional gaming in 1999 by entering the Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL) tournament in Dallas where he won $4,000 and a third place finish before flying to Sweden to compete in a tournament against the top 12 players in the world. He took first place by winning 18 straight games and losing none, emerging as the top ranked Quake III player in the world. Two months later he retained his top ranking in Dallas by winning the CPL tournament again - and the $40,000 grand prize.
>Fatal1ty holds World Championship e-Sports titles in Doom 3, Alien vs. Predator 2, Unreal Tournament 2003, Quake III and Painkiller.

from his website

Due to the pressure from the mobile/console market, the japanese people have to buy computer parts overseas, which ironically have components in them made by japanese businesses.
It ain't easy being a PC gamer in japan .

different company

>e-Sports titles
>Painkiller
>Alien vs. Predator 2

Fatal1ty has made many millions in hardware sponsorships. He reportedly made $5mil from just one motherboard deal.

Is he still alive?

>doesnt know about painkiller
You gotta be 18 or older to post here, buckaroo.

I loved painkiller faggot but its not a competitive title by a wide margin

>This is what noobs think
No wonder you posted an anime pic

would you rather I posted a frog on this anime website?

Sorry user, I was just joking around with you. I thought you would get it when I called you a noob

m8, it definitely was and had some of the hypest matches of that fucking era.

I have never ever seen a chink that is more chink than that holy shit lol

anyways, fatality is the only pro gamerl/sport gamer that I know of

yes that was part of the joke, the next step was for you to act all offended and start "screeching" about something irrelevant like pol or whatever and we'd all have a good laugh

Competitive games are boring as shit because they're fair and well designed. Painkiller is neither of those. Its not competitive but its really goddamn fun.

>I have never ever seen a chink that is more chink than that
That's a gook you ignoramus.

Turns out I was the dumb bird getting owned

its okay user it happens to all of us

No mention of how he looks like Spike. Disappointing.