Oh don't mind me hunter-sama, just eating a bunch of rocks over here

>oh don't mind me hunter-sama, just eating a bunch of rocks over here
this absolute mad man deserved to be killed.

pls no bully dodo

Dodo is a cool guy, leave him alone.

i killed a dodo once and then felt bad and it was a shit fight too so it made it worse and then a bazelgeuse showed up and a baby was on its back and the baby looked at me

I wish this retarded rock fetishist would spawn in that area. Both seem to have a sick obsession with rocks and I would love to see them both fight over it.

>Rock fetishist

He likes eggs

I always cap my monsters.
Who the fuck kills them? Even if you didn't bring traps, the moment you see them limping, port to your camp and get some tranqs + trap and when you reach their nest, they still will be sleeping.

>having mercy on a retarded fishdog that would eat you in a heartbeat if you werent currently clubbing its head in

Killing them gives a bigger chance of getting a gem.

killing has different drop rates for items

The only gems you need are from ED who you need to kill anyway.

I keep seeing these posts about him minding his own business by the very first time I ever saw him he sperged out and spit fire at me so fuck that cute fat thing.

Sorry man, I'm a cb shitter. Need the capacity boost and bombardier.

Maybe you shouldn't have interrupted his rock eating dinner time.

finish the fight faggot

>Bombardier
>Charge blade
Am I missing something

False. Only the intruductory quest has it aggressive.

All others afterward are passive as fuck. I've literally stood next to them and all they cared about is eating rocks.

ALL HE DOES IS EAT ROCKS
WHY KILL HIM

Pretty much any time there's a cutscene with a character admiring a monster I imagine them saying "Ok, let's kill it!"

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET SOME FUCKING EARPLUG DECORATIONS

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ALL THE SCREAMING AND YELLING I'M ABOUT READY TO DROP EVERYTHING AND LEARN HOW TO LANCE AT THIS FUCKING RATE

Oh shit. That status does not do at all what I thought it does.

get the bazel set

>Fight Uragaan
>Dodo comes out and starts firing rocks at it, knocking him down

Bro/10

I've finally gotten to the point where I'm just bored with the game at like HR 46. Basically all that's left is to farm decorations since most of the armor is kind of shit but hearing people talk about Tempered hunts and stuff just makes me not want to bother with it, especially when there isn't anything after that.

I really hope the ultimate version doesn't take more than a year or so because this game desperately needs some end game gear and monster variety.

>can get sub-8 minutes on tempered elders using Lance or Hammer
>decide to try out CB since i'm getting a fuckton of streamstones for it
>go fight a HR Odogoron
>spend two minutes flailing around like a retard, eating 8 mega potions and carting
I don't fucking get it
I was good with this weapon in 4U and now it feels like i'm just going full retard over here
Also I hate having to charge the sword so often since it feels like it lasts 5 fucking seconds

>mfw nerg set + eyepatch + diablos shatterer II + non-elemental boost + slugger charm 3
jesus christ this damage

Use B-52 set, has earplugs and looks nice as fuck.

What's your most shameful carting ever?
>Playing online with 3 random japs
>4 gastodons attack me in such a sync way they do a combo into stun lock
>I get cart'd
>It was the last cart, mission over
>2 japs with mics laugh at me until the loading screen appears, the other one with no mic just spams emotes
My character was female too, honestly the more I thinkg about it, the more I feel like it would be an amazing bestiality rape doujin

Head and coil still is only +4.
You need 1 more deocration or charm.

Yup, everything else gets Territorial on your ass if you don't bust a move, basically.

I carted to a bunch of those small headed things when they chained sleep knives me. But it was solo.

I think the zorah legs have it

Anyone want to stick their dick in a monster's severed tail?

3 parts for earplugs is overkill.

You should only use streamstones for MORE DAMAGE right

>Tfw realize Vaal Hazak isn't even Territorial
>Realize it's because he's a natural scavenger and primarily eats already dead flesh
>Edgiest monster in the game is a big ol' softy that's probably lonely at the bottom of the Vale with nobody but shitty Girros to hang out with

Waste and charm are the easiest +5. Otherwise the best way to it is to just use a deco and the head and waste, but the head slot is better used on the eyepatch.

Not even a fictional severed monster tail wants your dick in it, user.

Kaiser vambraces is +2 weakness exploit as well.
My earplug build is
Bazel head + waist
Kaiser vambraces
Dober Mail + Greaves
Artillery 3 charm
+1 weakness exploit Gem
+1 earplug Gem

Is Artillery still worth using on the Nerg gunlance? Or are you passionate enough about explosions to use one of the sub optimal GLs just to shell?

I am a charged blade user m8.
If I was a gunlance, I would have went for Guard over artillery.

You don't really shell with the Nerg gunlance, you just smack guys. Unless you feel like you'll be spamming Wyvernfire, I recommend passing on Artillery.

>Skill called Artillery
>The only weapon class that uses it effective is CB users
>Everyone else is better off with other skills

He's the only good boy among the Elder's Recess monsters.

Why wasn't he amphibian species?

The Royal Burst uses Artillery, so it's not a total writeoff.

Fuck you rath set is good and I killed that fucker 24 times before getting his gem REEEE

Bazel A
Oda B
Alloy B (Aiming for Damascus A when available)
Bazel A
Hornetaur B
Handicraft Charm

Don't have many decorations and so far most of them have been for shit like Botany and Entomology, but it'd be nice to slap in any Elemental decoration +2s with Weakness Exploit should I somehow get those.

How good of a setup do you think that'd be? With Damascus A it'd give:

Earplugs 4
Speed Sharpening 3
Jump Master
Blast Attack 1
Handicraft 3 (4 if the charm is upgraded)

Fuck that wheres the attack gems at? I got all these mini slots and only a single attack gem.

>Hunt a black diablos
>"Hunt flying monsters submision completed"
WHAT IS GOING ON

They do technically fly, their just really really bad at it.

Lance?

Diablos is in the flying wyvern family even though it sucks at flying. Just like ostriches and penguins are birds but can't fly.

Focus shelling builds also utilize artillery. Zorah GL puts out about 100 dmg per shot.

How is the Kirin lance? Currently farming for it and wondering if its worth it for that beefy thunder damage.

What explosion related skills are worth running on that anyway? I really want to use an explosion focused Gunlance but the low Raw on that make it hard to justify over the Nerg one.

Fuck you OP I just met him and he turned around and started shooting exploding blobs at me, suck my dick loser.

Insect Glaive/Long Sword

Artillery and Capacity Boost are all you need for Rath GL. Just keep looping your full burst and that's it.

>HR 7
>beaten every monster I've come across so far except Rathalos
>at the point where I've just beaten the fluffy bat in the coral area
>ready to advance the story
>can finally upgrade weapons
>upgrade lance to ice lance
>go against Rath to see where I finally stand
>do extremely well against him
>he limps
>"Monster is about to leave the area"
WHAT THE FUCK
>get to his resting place
>he carts me
WHAT THE FUCK
>get back as fast as possible
>he shoots a fireball breaking the waterfall cave
>drowns himself off the cliff with the landslide
>jump down to pierce his fucking neck with my lance
>he's already dead

He killed himself. Can I call this a victory? I finally beat him... but it feels empty. But I feel like I outsmarted him because he was tired and made a grave mistake on his part.

I can kill every monster in this game with little to no issue except Kirin. Am I just doing something wrong? Do I actually need to make a set for fighting him or what?

rath has drowned himself basically every time I fought him, don't feel bad

Kirin is easy as fuck. His lightning is heavily telegraphed and if you get hit by a bolt just eat a nulberry to get rid of the blight.

>Not capturing him

Use the thunder mantle

boy you saw that black diablos fly like 5 feet when she comes out of the burrow attack

>final boss is the most boring fight in the game
what a twiiiist

>His lightning is heavily telegraphed

I wish his lazers fucked your shit and always dragon blighted you.
I farmed him at least 10+ times online before I even knew he could dragon blight.

Kirin is about knowing when to go in and where to dodge his lightning when you're close. He's only annoying because his lightning's tells blend in with the ground a lot in this game. Really, a lot of moves that were easy to see in previous games are harder to gauge in this game.

>starting out
>kick a frog by accident
>fall aslpee in the middle of nowhere

can't be good for you health

What decides if Odog causes bleed? Sometimes I fight him and every hit causes bleed and other times I could job like a motherfucker but never bleed

Front claws. Resistance.

Stick and move fight.

Piss easy with a fire lance.

Poke. Poke. Poke. Block whatever he does. Poke. Poke. Poke. Dodge highlighted lightning trails. Poke.poke.poke.

Everything else, hit him a time or two, then dodge whatever he tries to hit you with.

He is tricky because you have to keep moving when fighting him. If you remember that a full combo is out of the question for your weapons you will wear him down eventually.

Being used to getting combos off to completion with the rest of the monsters makes his fight pretty different.

When he is striking with his claws.
Bleed resistance.

>piss easy with a fire lance
Every fight is piss easy if you have a lance, you just guard everything except the really big shit while shield poking

I thought they were brute wyverns?

lmao

>easy
>lance
well no shit.

Rocks and eggs are different words for the same thing you dumb boulder spawn.

Get guard up maxed and you can even block unblock able attacks.

Lance users with a challenger mantel are bros.

If the Lance is so easy why do I rarely see people use it?

In fact the least used weapons are SnS, Lance, and HH respectively.

I'm an SnS main, myself. Flinch free is a god send skill.

Because it is boring.
Sure it is safe but you are not landing any flash moves and your times are way higher than most other weapons.

Because its boring as fuck and slow as fuck. Who wants to sit behind and shield and spam poke all day when everyone else is flying around or smashing skulls? GL is at least kinda fun because of the charged shot and Wyvernsfire

Whats the easiest way to farm wings and its gem for the helmet

Because everyone is a nip so they use the nip swords.
People don't pick the best weapon when they play they pick the one they have the most fun with.

People underestimate the humble SnS a lot in monhun.

It's raw damage is ass, but a good SnS player has an arsenal that should exploit every weakness.

Sadly nobody gives them respect and they get knocked around constantly.

Damage it wings.
Golden reward investigations for gem.

Who /bang bang/ here?

You can easily make lance super exciting though. Guard advancing through a rathalos fireball to stab his face for a stagger is pretty neat-o. As does shutting up a roaring monster with a poke from the superguard.

>slow.

That's incorrect. Lance is pretty damn quick. Especially because they spend the bulk of the hunt in a monster's asshole.

They even aim upward so they don't hit other people comboing the monsters.

Charge attacks are drastically improved too.

>slow

Not if you are skilled with it.

Except guard pointing a rathalos fireball into SAED is way cooler.
Or a spinning hammer smash.
Or a helm breaker into a monster about to fly off.

Why don't you just respond to both at the same time newfag

Does artillery affect your LBG mines? Do any other skills boost them? I wanna be a guerilla warfare fag.

>tfw wanna bang bang
>can't into guns because too much of a brainlet
What do I run if I wanna shotgun the fuck out of monsters but still have some range if I need it?
HBG preferred because I will probably just use it online only

Felyne bombardier.
That is it I think

Lightbowguns? As a hammerfag I appreciate you guys laying those mines at the monster's face whenever it's down.

What are the best SnS? Teostra seems solid but I see Lumu has higher Blast but I'd have to go for 3 Free Elem for it