Rougelike thread

What rougelikes have you been playing, Sup Forums?

I'm trying to git gud in Vagante as a def/vit knight. I can't even make it to jungle with the concept. Also how viable is dex knight? Going fast with the Knight's zippy sword skill tree is tight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GL8G5oLbiP0
youtube.com/watch?v=D3TilUaMT_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i generally play mage and abuse the fuck out of that ice spell

>get super speed boots
>die instantly
always worth it

It has shit damage tho

ToME is the only roguelike worth playing.

>Rouge
That's fucking color

is this game fun in coop?

Not him but yea. I suspect OP posted this thread since it went 1.0

Except its repetitive as fuck.
Caves of Qud is best.

how is vagante? is it good?

Is fe a rl?

is it worth the money?

Isn't it about to come out? I have 40 hours already but I took a break until it leaves EA

Is it pronounced 'Chud'?

>I can't even make it to jungle with the concept
I hope you bring lube with you to the jungle then because it's 10x harder

I'm an absolute simpleton so I'm still just plugging away at Brogue because Qud is way out of my league. still fun tho

do you like spelunky? do you want spelunky with classes and quaffing and skill trees? unlike every other sidescroller roguelite, vagante actually understand spelunky and evolves on it.

when you say quaffing do you mean there are unidentified potions because if so fucking sold

anyone play cogmind?
I haven't touched sweet fuckall since incursion died (and got resurected???)

You know neither Spelunky or this games are roguelikes, right?
Protip: if it's played in real time, it's not a roguelike.

actually sounds pretty fun, ill check it out.

unidentified potions
unidentified scrolls
weapon, ranged weapon, helmet, armor, gloves, boots, two rings, and amulet slots that all come unidentified

there are cursed items
there are different god shrines you can offer stuff to

well that's why i said rogueliTe

>tfw playing Angband at work because it looks like data analysis from a distance
Feels great man

i used to play old school ADOM at work for the same reason, feelsgood indeed

Do roguelites count? I 100%'d Rogue Legacy a few days ago, tried Risk of Rain and I couldn't get into it.

>>there are cursed items
i dared not even hope

seriously though has anyone played cogmind I'm very hesitant to drop 20 bucks on it but it looks promising as shit

this is not a roguelike retard

>k
whatever op

How's DCSS? I haven't played it seriously in years and looking at the changes it seems like a pretty different game now

hmmm...

How's version 1.0,been meaning to try it but I never have the time these days

Just play the demo,or wait til someone leak's the latest version here & have daily thread's like risk of rain m8

I've played it,it's pretty fun but you should try it first to see if you enjoy it

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:Q6IAUFZ36NPRZUHWY4ND6NQSJE5F2EVV&dn=COGMIND.Beta.1.1.rar&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fp4p.arenabg.ch%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ilibr.org%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ilibr.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fp4p.arenabg.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Feddie4.nl%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2770%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2750%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce

It's not even a shell of it's old self,I miss my sludge elfs & gnomes ;_;

Did you miss the memo user people throw around that work with no regard for the old school games that inspired em

Not a roguelike, but my love for Risk of Rain has recently been rekindled. Trying to get gud with Miner again after Loader being my main for so long.

host when

who /InfraArcana/ here

I got ya user

youtube.com/watch?v=GL8G5oLbiP0

try dwarf fortress

dead cells, and i fucking love it. early access but the combat system is all in place, now they're just working on tripling the content.

>can't spell rogue
>posts a shitty game that isn't even a roguelike
The absolute state of this board

you do know we actually had a vagante thread the other day right?

just give up

How is catacomb kids? I played that a while ago and it was fantastic.

What's your point? That doesn't change the fact it's not a roguelike.

Delver's pretty good if a bit too simple in design

youtube.com/watch?v=D3TilUaMT_o

>1000 good reviews on day 1
>Survive still didn't get to 1000 reviews

why?

Is Vagante actually good? Ive been burned by far too many shitty "pixel art" roguelites

I'll keep an eye on it, I like what the trailer's showing.

it's great,good luck getting this this section without getting killed constantly by flying bats

>incursion is back

since when!?

irc it came out sometime the other day,they really nailed the ambiance & atmosphere using low poly blobs & small weapon sprites

>those traps in the temple

Oh, this game actually came out? Guess I can start paying attention to it now.

Someone post the MEGA

switch version is coming up too

Everybody's too busy messing with the new unlock system & backgrounds to post the newest version,I'd give it another day tops before it's leaked

That's not a roguelike

Games with some RNG and some randomly picked level design =/= roguelikes

This, i ain't buying any games without trying them first

Did they add any new classes or areas?

How is Vagante? I was lookin at it and lightly pushing a friend to get it with me.

Did you not read the thread m8 look at the first few post,the game is pretty great surprisingly

sorry to do this to you user, it got a blip on its heart monitor when it went open source but the messiness of the code-base has all but killed even the hopes for an enthusiast revival

Just got a ps1 emulator, what games should i get? Any that are like FTL? Please dont respond if youre one of the autists who has to specify what roguelike is anytime someone mentions the word

Azure Dreams.

brave fencer musashi

Baroque

Sorry I didn't really make it clear, I was mostly wondering if anyone has tried the co-op.

>spelling "rogue" as "rouge"
>2018

are we being real right now. Are people really still doing this?

>roguelike thread on Sup Forums
>OP is a roguelite posting f*ggot
every time

no it's pronounced cud. like what cows chew

tpbp

>tolkein based
gross