Gyro aiming is a good concept on paper but the execution is a bit meh, everything just feels so awkward

Gyro aiming is a good concept on paper but the execution is a bit meh, everything just feels so awkward.

gyro controls make me feel like I am explaining to a deaf person in made up sign language that I am dying and I need them to call 9/11 with my cellphone that is under the couch

>gyro

FUCK.

Is Miyamoto forcing Star Fox Zero controls into other games?

If I see someone moving their Switch around like an idiot because he wants to be a kid playing with gyro controls, I'll fucking destroy their teeth with a kick, Jesus Christ it looks pathetic.

well no as it's optional and nintendo had no involvement with this port

Gyro controls allow for twitch aim and locking onto targets. Like, you know, mouse controls, as in the way shooters were meant to be.
Cry harder. One console allows you to aim better than the others; if and when crossplay hits a gyro aim game, Switch owners will win constantly. The future is now, old man.

I've only ever used gyro with splatoon, but I always thought gyro controls were better than stick aiming, but still not as good as mouse aim

you do know that the PS4 controller also has gyro functionality, right?

Everyone constantly talks about it on Switch, and this is the first I've heard of it on PS4. Exactly how many games make use of it, user?

almost nothing as the dualshock's gryo is really poor

I don't know, but no one on PS4 wants it because it'll make you look like a retard playing bing bing wahoo.

>look at my hands moving, mom!

Were the benefits not literally just explained? Also, do you sit completely motionless like a braindead retard while you play, even without motion controls? Aren't you taking this too seriously for something you'll never be able to take to a professional level?

why are you even replying to him

you claim it makes you aim like a mouse, but if it was so, why isn't its use widespread yet?

Sounds bullshit to me, I want factual evidence that it's better than analog sticks and close to mouses, not a Nintendo user's opinion, considering barely any shooters come to Nintendo consoles.

Gyro should be used to tweak your aim after you settle yourself within 30 pixels of a target using the analog stick, not be the entire aiming solution.

I would presume this function added to Switch DOOM is the former.

Its use is as widespread as it gets. Every major Switch title with a major aim-and-shoot mechanic (Splatoon 2, Breath of the Wild, DOOM) has it.

> I don't want a Nintendo user's opinion
> PS4 has utter shit gyro
Where do you propose we get the opinion from then? How about this: Pretty much every big Splatoon player in the world uses it. Nearly every. It is a massive improvement over pure analog stick action no matter how you tune the latter.

That's sort of the way Splatoon did it, I think.

>I want factual evidence that it's better than analog sticks and close to mouses, not a Nintendo user's opinion
I used gyro aiming on both Uncharted and Killzone on the Vita and it made things miles easier to line up headshots with especially at 30fps.

Splatoon was close'ish, although I wasn't too big a fan of the sensitivity of its Y-axis gyro motion compared to X. Can't recall if the game even let you adjust those indepedently.

Unless the gyro aim technology is much better on Switch, I doubt it is as good as people say. I own a Wii U and Splatoon 1 and Zelda BotW also feature gyro aim. Star Fox was also notorious having it. In all of those, it felt really awkward to have that, specially right analog stick wasn't disabled while using it. I wanted to see hard numbers backing that claim, but I doubt anyone can provide that.

The gyro aim is about the same on Switch. Also, are you... are you trying to use gyro aim exclusively, and accidentally hitting the right stick, throwing off your aim, on occasion? No. That's completely wrong, holy shit.
The left stick is for moving. The right stick is for major movements, getting your cursor a good place around the enemy. The gyro aim is for smaller movements. You should be using all three in tandem if you want to line up shots.

tl;dr: Gyro aim isn't bad, you are.

Pretty much just gravity Rush sadly
>Fucking third person shooters are their bread and butter
>Refuse to give them playable controls
I fucking hate it

Wrong

Please tell me it’s optional

It is, it only got added in a patch like 3 days ago.

it just takes time to get used to. Far superior to analog sticks once you are.

Good. Honestly I don’t know how so many people like using gyro especially for games like fucking d44m

The problem with Star Fox Zero wasn't gyro controls. it was needing to look at the gamepad since the recital was slightly off on the tv. Wich also required larger motions than what's usually needed for gyro aiming to look around the areas.

I wasn't going to bother, but now I'll buy it. It will be like when I got Doom on SNES.

because it's more precise

You are right, now people will finally be able to see that IR aiming in the ultimate control scheme.

Niger did you even adjust the motion sensitivity?
85% is where it's at

Because it allows you to play the game with objectively better controls? Idiot.

Its accurate as fuck. very smooth and easy to learn.

Here's your damn gyro.

thats how it works in doom as well. you can aim with the stick AND gyro

>Gyro should be used to tweak your aim after you settle yourself within 30 pixels of a target using the analog stick,

That's exactly how it works on DOOM

Nintendo Soyboys are killing gaming! Only Sony master race and mature games can save us now