Is it a worth it to play with other players in this game? I know it's based around cooperative multiplayer...

Is it a worth it to play with other players in this game? I know it's based around cooperative multiplayer, but are the drawbacks of having other players (enemy HP/damage buffs) worse than playing alone?

Monsters are tougher in multiplayer, takes more damage to break parts

You also get less money since the reward money is split up between everyone

If you need to beat a quest I would do it solo since other people can mess you up. I just play with people because it's fun.

well, you can
a. make friends and battle bravely together, or
b. test your worth alone against the great beast

so I guess the question is are you a bitch

Multi-player is very fun. It's harder, but with a good mix of ranged and melee you can slaughter monsters. Best with friends though, as there are lots of carve griefers (hornetaur armor stops this)

For grinding yes it feels faster if you aren't a speedrunner tier player. For first time missions? Nah the HP buff is the only difference and it doesn't make any bosses bar maybe Vaal any harder it just makes shit take longer. Its easier to a large degree since you have people who can heal you , if its not a ED 4x the traps and people pulling agro so 99% of the time monsters hit you once then get pulled.

It's like Dark Souls in that the enemies get health and damage bonuses to compensate for the extra players, but it's not enough to deal with having to take down three extra, coordinated targets. Playing with random shitters can fuck you over pretty easily, though. Don't think for a second that seeing someone with a Japanese name means that they'll have any clue what they're doing.

Played the major of monster hunter games by myself. Because I have no ones to play locally. And I don't want to give PSN any money so I finished World by myself. It was OK. When's G-rank?

They really aren't though. Unless your teammates incompetent you have 3 people wailing at a time well the fourth is either hitting and dodging or doing the same.

I heard this game is souls like and am a big fan of dark souls. Should I give into the hype and try this game out?

IMO they horribly fucked up the online play and the balance and how all the systems work are basically broken, and encourage you to play alone.

At least from the perspective of a long time player.
It's considerably easier for me to solo monsters then to work with a group, who make a lot of hunts a liability. Not only that, there is no incentive to play online now with how they merged offline and online.

The community is also kinda fucked because of how SoS works, and the fact that online games have changed significantly since the ps2 days, and the game is mainstream so there is a lot of call of duty dude bros playing, and dumb ass japanese toddlers who will tripple cart and waste your time.

If you're not playing with friends, your teammates are going to be incompetent.

Merging online and offline was fucking retarded. Absolutely retarded, they had it perfect with the 3ds games I don't know why they changed it.

Try it, but not because it's "like dark souls". It's very much it's own thing.

Multiplayer in MHW is more of a hindrance and needlessly frustrating if you're with randoms

Not even the 3DS games, it was how they did it in the very first fucking game for the ps2.

They basically got it right from the very start.
There was absolutely no reason to change it.

But what about the casuals that need to SOS and be carried though everything?!?!

Online is fun with friends and ultimately easier than solo if people know their shit. The HP multiplier for multiplayer is 2.6x I think, so with 3 or 4 players you should be taking way less time to actually beat the monster than you would solo. Not to mention you'll get more damage out of successful mounts, KO's and the like and you have more hunting supplies available to you like Flash Pods.

The downside of multiplayer is pubs and never knowing how much they will suck. Some pubs go off to hunt wrong monsters, some don't have all the camps unlocked, some just don't know their way around the maps and run everywhere instead of using the camps fast travel to reach the monster faster when it changes areas. And on harder monsters you can quickly have a couple shitty hunters cart one time too many and fail the mission.

So the people that hunt the wrong monsters, I don't understand why they do that. Do they not read the quest, do they not know what the monsters look like, what is it with them?

I really don't know. I've run into a bunch of people doing 15 minute investigations where they suddenly start fighting the wrong monster when one comes into the area you were in and the target monster leaves. For some reason it seems to be mostly german hunters that do it.

>play online
>for some reason everyone is spread out like fuck
>monster keeps running around when it switches aggro between people

It shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to kill the main target, why not get a few others off with a 50 minute limit?
If this is the case then yeah, they're dumb.

>some don't have all camps unlocked
>especially the easy to find ones

But you don't get nearly the rewards for killing something not actually in the quest. Doing individual quests for each monster doesn't take longer or more effort, but gives way more rewards.

Monster Hunter has always been easier in multiplayer, but a huge amount of players in MHW are casuals who are new to the series, so they don't make up for the extra health the monsters have.

To correct myself, I usually capture. I still don't see the downside to just get another target too. Then again I only play with friends not randys. So any extra is agreed upon.

maybe you should
J U S T
H U N T

I'm pretty sure everyone's assumption at this point is that jap name = trash

How the fuck are you supposed to beat Niergigante?

sometimes I go from full HP to deal

hit him, don't get hit

>don't get hit

I would if I could see his moves but he takes up so much of the fucking screen

Craft Mega Demondrugs and Mega Armorskins. They exist for a reason.

what weapon

His attack increases as his spikes have more time to regenerate and harden- if you look closely you might notice them going from short and black to long and white. Using a weapon with the Blast status does a lot to keep his spikes dull.

>is it worth it to play GOTY?

yes. despite what bitter handheld cucks say, this is hands down the best MH game ever made.

CB

>Using a weapon with the Blast status does a lot to keep his spikes dull.
I don't have a good Blast CB

don't they have a short duration time?

No g rank. No best mh ever made. Sorry

I would say it's the least annoying to play but definitely not the best.
Not having G rank is a huge negative plus the small roster and lack of interesting weapons/armour really hurts it.

>this is hands down the best MH game ever made.

>no G rank
>monster roaster is a compleat disaster
>weapon balance is fucked beyond repair

Im having tons of fun with wolrd but this game is far of being the best MH

>Not doing both
>He doesn't have a bro for 2 man hunts and the Arena
You're missing out son

>CB
Why does everyone either use this the LS or bow?

What does Feyline Insurance do? It basically allowed me an extra life for Neirgigante

in which I slayed it and got a gem off a tail carve

With CB, it's for utility

>CB
Is op as fuck and deals tons of damage

>LS
weebs

>Bow
Became braindead wep and deals tons of damage too

>Bow
>>Became braindead wep and deals tons of damage too
Then why is it that bow player I play with online plays bow wrong? Always spamming dragon piercer without charge, never using arc shot, and never doing dashes.

Well because you play with a retard doesn't mean it's not easy or does retarded damage. It sitll has the fastest nerg kill at 57 seconds

Kushala lbg, legiana hbg, or nerg hbg. Which to make next?

>make friends
maybe 1 in 100 hunters say anything on the mic or uses gestures/text messages, and no one sends guild cards. this is as anonymous a co-operative game as i've ever played. you'd be forgiven for thinking you were playing with NPCs 90% of the time.

>bow
>not brain dead
>just spam R2 and do dragon pierce here and there

Right now is the easyest wep in the game by far. And that comes from a bow main since FU

What are you hunting user? I've gotten a lot of guild cards but then again i like sleep bombing with GL and play tank role so people might like that

It’s extremely noticeable that monster parts are especially hard to break, as are all other thresholds (ko, stun, whatever).

I think Capcom fucked up their multiplyers for multiplayer. As soon as there’s more than one person the game drastically changes. You almost need to change your build loadout it’s so bad; especially if you’re using something like hammer. I really hope they tone it down in a patch, or if it’s working as intended, make the single player thresholds more consistent.

>why is my retarded friend retarded

Ask his parents, user. There’s no cure for stupid.

2 players no cats is the best way to play.

I like to have HH cats around for earplugs just because I hate the fact that every monster REEEEs like a Khezu now

>Friend and I exchange video clips whenever we do cool shit and aren't playing together
>Just realized like 90% of mine involve nergigante
>Can't remember the last time I hunted something else outside Xeno

I just realized I have a problem.

What is the best tool for palicos? I got the shield but it feels like it isn't doing shit

Definitely the horn. Cat can give you earplugs, tremor resist, stamina use down, and stun immunity.

When is the pickle being released?
I thought it was supposed to be here already.

Attack and Affinity up as well. It’s extremley useful.

thats an understatement

not for a couple months

welcome to the worst drip feed of all time

Is there any reason not to get this game right now? Any obvious signs of a rerelease ULTIMATE EDITION or anything like that?

>I like to have HH cats around for earplugs just because I hate the fact that every monster REEEEs like a Khezu now

my set-up has Earplug level 4 but it's hard to tell what can be blocked by level 4 and what needs level 5 to block

The fact they literally always do ultimate versions a year later.

But by then you'll have played and forgot enough of the base game to make it worth it. Get it.

>stuck hunting xeno for 3 months

I guess I'll go play gen for a while

Only babies hunt with other players. If you can't beat a monster no matter the rank by yourself than you're just an awful player

No. Its more fun but it also sucks at the same time. Always having to worry if your teammates are dumbfucks or not. Not being able to sleep bomb most of the time. Having to worry about mount spam. Having to worry about people GOD DAMN CAPTURING THE MONSTER WHEN I WANTED TO KILL IT. Also literally nobody speaks. ESPECIALLY not english speaking people in game.

Fcking max your armor, hp, and take drugs. I have never got 1 hit carted by this man for this specific reason. Also block and dodge.

so... does anybody want to make a room?

autism

Demondrug and armorskin last until you die.

i like the new bow, every mh games they make it a little better. someone who knows how to use a bow and aim for weak, buff with poison sleep para can beat the shit out of monsters

>Fcking max your armor,
I did

>hp,
I was

>and take drugs.
I was worried about their short duration so I took none

Drugs don't have a time limit.

Demondrug and armorskin last forever. The pills last for like 20 seconds.

I'll keep those in mind when I fight him or any of the other elders

I have never used those in ANY MH game

>hunting HR Doggo with some other guy
>suddenly my internet shits itself and he gets disconnected
>left alone to battle a multiplayer buffed Doggo
Even after he got to low health and started limping it took me like 10 minutes to actually kill him. Fuck video games.

find it weird that they don't scale them back down to singleplayer when that happens

that would be retarded

>Dipshit jap sitting in a fucking corner holding guard until the end of time during double diablos arena quest

Holy fucking shit you retard, you sitting in a corner doing ZERO damage is not getting us an A rank

I've seen THREE of them do this horseshit.

>Holy fucking shit you retard, you sitting in a corner doing ZERO damage is not getting us an A rank

can't they hurt each other?

>they should go back to being weak as shit if someone helps you shitstomp it 90% of the way and disconnects.
why is everyone so fucking retarded

>can't they hurt each other?
they can, but that not gonna help you get A rank because it gonna take a long ass time

Also they all stack, with a pill, a seed, powder and mega armor it adds like 50% to your armor. Same with demon drug and the like, but the pill doesnt last long, 30 seconds or so

A Rank

the fuck are you on? I have 50 hours in World and there has been no ranking

>50 hours into his first monster hunter game pretending that he knows shit

dude just shut up, you are embarrassing yourself

Nah there is no reason to play MP in this one unless you do it for fun with a group of friends.

Otherwise the same Hunt that you can finish in like 3-4 Minutes SOLO is gonna take you at least 10-15 minutes in MP.

>first

World ins like my 5th MH game (Freedom 2, Freedom Unite, Tri, 4, and World) and I have never seen a quest ranking.

>tfw don't have the money to buy it now and will miss all the fun of a big game again
at least i can buy it on Xmas sale r-right?

even worse then

Not even him but what the fuck is an A rank? Are you talking about the Arena? Rankings have never been a thing in any game for normal quests.

>MHW babby talking about shit that he has absolutely no idea about
There is a mode in MH games called arena when you fight monster with a given sets of armor and weapons + items. You can have 2 people max and killing the monster with good time will get you ranked and earn coin to make specialty weapon + armor. It is in the gathering hub

If this is not your first MH game then it is even fucking worse, how fucking casual you have to be to never play the arena mode

nigga you can't even read can you? he literally said double diablos arena dumb shit

>Are you talking about the Arena?
>the reply chain was start with talking about a fucking arena quest

holy shit you niggers can't even read

All those fun strategies I learned from watching other hunters in Coop like sleep bombing and drugged meat for jho are all useless in this game because the only time I can pull them off is in single player without retards

shitter randos with longswords and insect glaives are the bane of my fucking existence.

but two players with two Palicos for support is pretty much ideal.

Never bothered with it

then shut up shitter

>Get monster to sleep
>Wanna place bombs
>20 IQ retards rush in because LOL FREE DAMAGE XD and wake it up.

I got another jap today, he picked HBG and carted 4 times but tbf i carted twice as well when they both focus me when he at the camp. Somehow still finish the quest around 10 mins, but it is not fun though. At least i got enough coin now for the weapons, the armor suit has to wait