Games that will never leave Japan

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com.au/2017/07/dragon-quest-xi-comingwest-next-year/
polygon.com/2013/7/10/4510088/dragon-quest-10-producers-discuss-the-pc-port-and-eventual-us-release
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kotaku.com.au/2017/07/dragon-quest-xi-comingwest-next-year/

good

Why did you accidentally add I to that image?

Nier Replicant
Westerners probably would not be able to understand why your protag was a male cumslut prostitute anyways.

>belIeving Squeenix lies
Boy I can't wait for news in fall 2017!

Please understand, gaijin.

polygon.com/2013/7/10/4510088/dragon-quest-10-producers-discuss-the-pc-port-and-eventual-us-release

>SE says "of course we're working on localizing Dragon Quest X!"
>two years pass
>"Oh yeah, we're not localizing it."

Stop reopening wounds.

The point was that we can't trust SquareEnix. Even if they tell us they're localizing the game, they can just as easily not localize it. They've put more effort into marketing a weak remake of Secret of Mana than they have marketing Dragon Quest XI.

XI's official announcement came from Horii himself. Historically, it seemed like SE had little choice but to bend to his will, like the Switch port. For that reason, I'll remain optimistic.

You can play it in English if you have a modded console.

They're most likely delaying the game to add voices and orchestrated music. And possibly to wait until the Switch version is complete and release it along with the PS4 version. But if they're doing the latter, I assume they'll skip releasing it on 3DS. And if that's the case, I'll be pissed. But I won't be surprised in the least. They skipped releasing any of the PS3 versions of DQ games and only released the PS4 versions.

>These lies were told on my birthday
Over the line!

Don't even care about XI give me that Builders 2

i cri

Goddammit this pisses me off. Fucking Capcom.

It leaves japan if you import it so buy my game

This pisses me off to no end, they localize musoushit and minecraftshit in no time but they skip fucking mainline game.

I'm not crazy about it being mmo style but god damnit it's the closest thing to DD 2 and doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to play it, fucking game hogging japs.

>they localize fun games and skip not-fun games

noice

Being a western DQ fan is suffering. If the games even do get over here they're fucked up with censorship and awful localizations.

Then they skip Theathrythm and Monster games. SquareEnix is not consistent. We only got the Heroes games because Koei Tecmo threatened to release them if SE wouldn't. We got all the DS games because Nintendo paid for it. The only DQ game in over a decade that SquareEnix willingly released without a gun to their head was Builders.

just pirate the 3ds games, realize it's a less fun version of dokkan battle, and then go play that instead. that's what i did.

Am I the only DQ fan who doesn’t give a shit about X not being released here in the west? I mean it’s an MMO. I could care less about missing out on one of those.

I am, because I loved FFXI and DQX is supposed to be heavily inspired by it.

The biggest appeal of X isn't just that it's forbidden fruit, it's that it's an actual alternative to the WoW clone that plagues the market.

There's an easy way to tell if we're still getting XI. Do a fan translation. SE only sends a Cease and Desist for DQ games they plan on bringing over.

As someone who dislikes MMOs with a passion, DQX looked ot be very different from MMOs. It was billed as a single player game with the option to play with others. And one of the best stories in a DQ game. Basically, what DQIX should have been. For that reason alone, I want to play through it at least once. Even if I just quit it after the story like I did for FFXIV.

But along with the single player story, it has tons of dungeons that tie to past DQ games. As well as multiplayer parcheesi. Cooperative alchemy. And major bonuses for playing with live players, instead of like most MMOs that just give you a weak EXP buff. It sounds very promising for a multiplayer/coop game. Plus, it would be a place where western Dragon Quest fans can actually come together and interact. Rather than just a few shitty online forums like woodus, run by a SE apologist who defends them every time they lie and don't release a DQ game.

>just spent a week and replayed Dragon Quest I-III
>want to continue the marathon, but remember that every version of Dragon Quest IV released in the west is fucked

>still no easy way to remove ip block on X

The least fucked is the DS version. Party chat is negligible, but does sap the personality from the game.

Besides >Mobile what's wrong with the mobile version?

The worst localization in video game history.

Oh you're that kind of autist, only the Scottish accents are bad. Russian Alena a cute.

IV needs another remake to unfuck all the damage they're done.
>Party chat is negligible
Nah.
Translation
Controls

fucking hear hear to this. more than censorship, this kind of shit absolutely ruins games for me. DQ """"translations"""" that pull this shit are literally unplayable.

Sakura Wars

Compelling argument about the DS version. What is wrong with it on a pure gameplay merit besides the party chat? Does not having party chat affect the story? In the end it's still playable.

>Party chat is negligible, but does sap the personality from the game.
So..it's not negligible. It's also really stupid since adding party chat was the major reason Yuji Horii stated for remaking the game.

See Also after playing the mobile version, the DS music really sounds like shit.

>Russian Alena a cute.
First, nothing in the game even hints that she's Russian. There's no logic to why they made her Russian in the western release. Second of all, her "Russian" sounds like Yoda impersonating Yakov Smirnov. This completely changes her character. It would be like if you remade Star Wars and gave Princess Leia JarJar's dialect. Obviously everyone would be screaming bloody murder. But apparently it's okay if you do it in a JRPG. Dem Al Bhed sucks, yah?

>you're an autist if you want actual quality in a translation

Outside the Ogre zones, Version 1's story was fun to go through. I still need to play through Versions 2-4 but I have to renew the sub for it.

>everyone complains about Rhone
>figure out that sleep and Explodet works on every monster
Still kind of annoying that you have to grind up to level 30. But it's manageable. I'd say the Jail in Dragon Quest VII (PS1) was worse.

This one at least got a translation patch

I hope builders 2 has a good freeplay. The freeplay in builders sucked, I just wanted more campaign type gameplay.

Im just mad all the shit from db heroes is supposedly stuck in a distribution rights knot and wont ever make it over here.
>adult gotenks
>super pikkon
>ss4 broly
>ss4 gohan

What's next?
IX Switch?
VIII HD?

It still hurts. I played the shit out of rocket slime

They did it here because they know mincraft-ish game will sell easy

>VIII HD?
If only. That and Muramasa getting a 1080p upscale would be my dream come true.

But if they ever choose to remake DQVIII again, literally the only flaw left to fix is Jessica. She needs more story to flesh out her character. Both her story arcs just focus on her brother or Rapthorne.

And I guess they could add more unique costumes.

Just play the import. DQ games are for children, you can understand the gist of the story with a very remedial comprehension level

And I'm sure Squenix still thinks Builders didn't do good enough. Probably expected it to outsell the original Minecraft or something stupid.

One of my favorite DQ protagonists.

Came here to post this. It'll never stop hurting.

"You should have begged more." -Noriyoshi Fujimoto

I agree, but I think we’re in the minority. Not that I can compare the translations, but Alena and Kiryl were my favorite characters from IV.

Did they ever finish work on the fan translation?

That about sums up the Japanese view of localizations.