youtube.com/watch?v=ExXhr8ch8Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=KFRhYuB93qk
youtube.com/watch?v=W0MVoTu48nk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This one.

XIV.
>tfw 2200 hours and only want to keep playing

This one is also good.

Easily XIV followed by XI. If you want something that's not an MMORPG, probably IZJS or V due to the customization.

FFXV because its open world and has lots of great quests. Plus based SE is adding new content to the game because of its success.

Final fantasy tactics i replayed it a few times.

>get done with PvE content
>nothing left to do but grind relics and worthless end game gear
>quit the game
FFXIV has my favorite setting and OST. But by god, it's the perfect example of everything wrong in MMOs. I'd kill for a single player game set in the world of FFXIV. A Crystal Chronicles style game where your party consists of someone from each race. And the main character is a Lalafell.

You say that but I've been nolifing since 4.2 dropped, at least six hours a day, and I haven't so much as entered O5S or Byakko EX.

I'm at level 28 and I don't understand what you see in it.

None of them have good replay value desu
They all have prolonged periods of "learning the mechanics" and a limited party.

Probably FF12 or FF15 would be the highest amount of tutorial-less play though.

How can you have played 2200 hours and not finished the main story, which takes like 200 hours max? Hell, you should have been able to max every class in the game in 1000 hours.

tactics

I legitimately don't understand the question. Who mentioned the MSQ?

Excellent socialization. Gathering and crafting to make money is satisfying as fuck, especially once you gain market control. Since I'm in Balmung I love just hanging out in Ul'dah and chatting with the hundreds of random people who flow through it constantly.

>FFXIV
>excellent socialization

>Gathering and crafting to make money is satisfying as fuck
>your rewards for gathering and crafting lead to money and gear that are obsolete as soon as you get them

>obsolete
Objectively wrong, pentamelded Ala Mhigan gear has been the strongest in the game since 4.1 which was several months ago.
Also yes, excellent socialization. There are a shitton of emotes, the game is heavily populated, there are like six different ways to have a conversation.
realize that the raiding is shit and it's not worth caring about, the "endgame" people tout so hard is mostly irrelevant

I'm sorry what? That's not gameplay, that's a life simulator.

Don’t know how similar Tactics is to Tactics Advance but I spent hundreds of hours on TA

This.

An MMO without the life simulator part is just a bad action RPG.

So you're saying it's a bad game.

>Objectively wrong, pentamelded Ala Mhigan gear has been the strongest in the game since 4.1 which was several months ago.
But you don't need max gear. You can complete the Ultimate instances with just the gear you get from drops in dungeons. So spending hundreds of hours to max a crafting class and making the gear is pointless. It's just a status symbol that you wasted enough time to do it.

>Also yes, excellent socialization. There are a shitton of emotes, the game is heavily populated, there are like six different ways to have a conversation.
So basically it's on the level of a Korean MMO.

I was referring to crafter gear. As I literally just said, the raiding is garbage and clearing it is irrelevant. Combat classes mostly don't matter except for shit like relics (status symbols) and tomestones (for crafting materials). It takes a hell of a lot more time and thought to make 100 mil and use it to make your house look godly than it does to clear O8S.
>clearing ultimate with dungeon gear
I don't care enough to check but I'm 90% certain you're just making shit up.
>it's just a status symbol
Everything with value in life is a status symbol.

Only to the extent that literally every MMO is.

>Everything with value in life is a status symbol.
Tell that to your wife. Oh wait...

>wife
>implying I don't have a cute bf

>V
Give me a good translation for the SNES version please, my musicfag autism doesn't let me enjoy the GBA's slightly inferior sound quality.

Stop shitposting in here Kenny

1-10+tactics SquareSoft for life death to enix

>Enix ruined Square
Except you know, bailing them out when their company was losing money. And Enix never getting involved with Square projects. If anyone got screwed by the merger, it was Enix. Since most Enix IPs were ignored. And Dragon Quest games got screwed in the west.

Unironically this: romhacking.net/hacks/3687/

If you can get past the tiny font they used for dialog, it's literally the GBA script.

i'm sorry did you say something?

OP is referring to David Ross Garrett.
His stalkers refer to him as V and drop hints online.
"Slippery wet dog poop" was a flag they used 2+ years ago.

fuck you don't tell me what to do

k

List of shitty FF games
II, no explanation needed
III, too much grinding
V, muh job system which bravely series does better anyway
VI, too much fucking reading
VIII, broken game and stupid narrative
X, gay love story and easy
XII, director left because even he knew it would suck
XIII, 20 hour tutorial

Nothing that a blind nostalgia child would understand. Disregard.

ok...u mad

thank you

np

who is this though

I know this is bait, but the director left because he was butthurt about Square Enix micromanaging him and the fact that his workers were leaving to join Mistwalker.

I love VIII and want to replay it again on PS4

Ultimate comfy game

A random user

>buy tents
>win game
Damn....this....is....the....power....of.... whatever....

Last thread you guys were complaining the junction system is too complicated

now it's too easy?

>>junction system is too complicated
i just...no i don't believe it

????????????????

VII is objectively the best FF game, ignore babbies who say the later games are better, theyre not, also ignore ancients who say 1-6 are better, theyre not

7 has:
>best characters
>best music
>best storyline
>best setting
>best materia system
>best antagonist
>best waifus

this game will make you cry tears of joy,. laughter and sadness, there's a reason its often regarded as the greatest game ever made, and the only FF game they've made a movie of and are remaking for newer systems

The best replay value is all of them. Finish one, go play another; they are all different enough to not get boring as long as you still wanna play jrpgs. Order doesn't matter either

7 has Tifa therefore it has the most replay value.

>List of shitty FF games
That would be every FF game, user.

>not a new IP
>takes 25 minutes to respond to a post
yikes

I find XII to be really good and entertaining

V had a spinoff anime, XV had an anime and movie

>best characters
I would argue that goes to VI.

>best music
Nah, VI, VIII, XIII and XIV have better music. Or you can just skip the middle man and play Theathrythm. FFVII has the best main themes in the series (Main Theme, Aeris' Theme and etc). BUt half the OST is pretty forgettable.

>best storyline
Possibly. But that's really not saying much considering the competition of the other FF games. This is a series known for facepalm plot twists and really bad flow, despite focusing on story more than anything else.

And FFVII still has tons of its own dumb plot points.

>best setting
I'd say FFVI, VIII or XIV are better. But opinions.

>best materia system
You mean the only Materia system? Unless you count the Materia system in the FFVII spin offs and FFXIV.

Also, Suikoden did it better with Runes.

>best antagonist
You man Hojo? Yeah, he was pretty great. Oh wait, you probably think Sephiroth is the real antagonist...

>best waifus
I'd agree. Though again, not much to compete with in the FF series.

>>best music
hahahahahhahahaahahahhah
youtube.com/watch?v=-T1k-9UvdlU
youtube.com/watch?v=WHCvJM9do78
youtube.com/watch?v=-IiOzi05IlA
youtube.com/watch?v=ms1_fL1eJ-o
youtube.com/watch?v=xhZiZf0M-hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI
youtube.com/watch?v=BiUp3DpksQY

i said movie AND remake

>BUt half the OST is pretty forgettable.
tasteless scrub who probably played through once

>You man Hojo? Yeah, he was pretty great. Oh wait, you probably think Sephiroth is the real antagonist...
hojo was great, but the real antagonist was jenova, stop being a scrub

they all sound like garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=xA_9owEIsk0

I love FF5 so damn much, it's a shame it's not as popular. as for other FF games with replay value, i'd say the ones with the most are 3, tactics (job system), 10 (sphere grid), and 12 (license board)

hahahahahahahahaahahahahhaha
youtube.com/watch?v=nFqfN-ju1MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VO6VwHMP-7g
youtube.com/watch?v=KdD1Fz2203s
youtube.com/watch?v=iR3yMqpaCrU
youtube.com/watch?v=orvKqkgWZOc
youtube.com/watch?v=ExXhr8ch8Mk

And it even does the music of other FF games better.
youtube.com/watch?v=KFRhYuB93qk
youtube.com/watch?v=W0MVoTu48nk

>2
>4
>9
>replay value

>best characters
wrong, it's 9
>best music
wrong, it's 8
>best storyline
wrong, it's tactics
>best setting
wrong, it's 6
>best materia system
can't really argue there since it's the only FF game with a materia system, which makes me think 7 is the only one you even played
>best antagonist
wrong, it's kefka
>best waifus
eh can't argue with that

XIV has a materia system.

>Le steampunk
>Le joker
VI is the Reddit of final fantasy

>tfw you could not stand the game but like the soundtrack

VII is the Gaia Online.

VI has some of the worst, flattest characters in the entire series.

5 has not just "some of" but THE flattest.

That's I-III.

none of them. turn based games are shit. Just tried Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and good lord what a bore. FF games are somewhat better but not by much

Any game that lets you choose classes/multi class

1, 3, 5, 10(offers unique build opportunities), 10-2 , 12 are incredibly replayable. Choose what you want and adapt to the game to the best you can.

mmo not listed cause mmo more like nonono
hope that helps

Really? Why do you think that? Mind you I haven’t completed a FF past VI. Play 1/3 of XIII regrettably...

wtf, the spoiler spilled over

well either way, multiclass and choice games > predetermined class games

>tasteless scrub who probably played through once
I've played it four times. And stuff like Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony and The Chase are some of my favorite songs in the series. But then you have stuff like Under The Rotting Pizza or Cosmo Canyon that are just bland. Perhaps you just remember them so fondly because you played FFVII when you were a kid?

Compared to what? The games that came before and after VI also had flat characters. I won't deny that 80% of the characters in VI are one note stereotypes. But Celes, Locke and Sabin are still better than most FF characters.

I don't think you read books often. The lore they created for FF7 was pretty amazing.

bros i wanna play this game but I cant get into MMOs what do i do

Force yourself. Yes, it starts out as a slog. But once you hit your stride and find your niche you'll never be able to stop. Trust me, I know.

Try the free trial, if you don't like it don't play it.

Don't play it. It is the epitome of everything wrong in MMOs. And definitely don't listen to guy. The whole "It gets good after you finish the main story!" is the biggest lie in this game. The MSQ are really the only interesting part of the game. After you complete that, it's just a bunch of grinding the same raids and relics endlessly. THat's only fun if you like mindless grinding.

>"It gets good after you finish the main story!"
It gets good after you finish 2.0, which is padded as hard as possible because they were trying to figure out what they wanted to do. The MSQ for 3.0, 3.x, and 4.0 are all quite good. Also, it's kinda cute that you bitch about grinding raids and relics when I've hardly done either and don't idle and still manage to always have shit to do. Perhaps you're just retarded?

>he thinks ilvl/raid progression is the only thing that matters in a game where the devs practically beat you over the head to learn how to omnicraft

There's a game for you, and it's not this one.

why are the ear rings higher res than the model of the character

shouldn't it be the other way around

Should play FFXI instead. Like FFXIV, you can solo most of the game, but in FFXI you can form your own party of NPC party members called Trusts that you unlock by doing quests or from events. The game also has more content and is overall a better game.

XI is dead as shit though. It's a mite more mechanically solid than XIV but it's hardly an MMO when XIV's deadest server has more active players than all of XI.

With FFXII modding becoming a thing so early on, I'm excited for the replayability prospects of TZA once character swaps are fully figured out, we've already got the ability to fully rewrite the license boards so if we could also make it so you could actually create/choose all new characters, possibly even ones of different races, that'd be GOAT.

Simple implementations shouldn't even be that hard, what with tons of animations already being done for many of the races, for example, monk Seeq, time mage Garif, etc.

>could actually create/choose all new characters, possibly even ones of different races

i love this thread
there are at least two XIVfags and an XIfag arguing about MMOs
there's a VIIfag and a VIfag arguing about villains
there are several VIIfags fighting amongst themselves
there's a tifa waifufag
there's an VIIIfag
there are several tactics and TA fags
i just really appreciate how everyone loves different aspects of this bigass series, and i would know, considering i'm the only extant fan of dirge of cerberus

I dunno
I like IV

After 2.0 is Isenguard, which is some of the most boring story in the game. All the hours of quests leading up to that was a chore. But so was everything after it as well. The only fun part was the very end of the expansion where it suddenly turned into Chrono Trigger. And that only lasts like 5 hours.

Then Stormblood was boring as well.

>he thinks crafting is necessary in a game so easy you can complete the hardest raids with drop gear
Crafting gear is just there to help the people who don't bother to learn to play their class well. And in many updates, the highest level craft gear has been below drop gear. Sometimes its higher, sometimes it's lower. And the fact that every update, the previous gear you spent tons of time getting becomes irrelevant, it's exactly like WoW or TOR.

>lalafell player
>can only think of things in the perspective of raiding
Pottery.

>>he thinks crafting is necessary in a game so easy you can complete the hardest raids with drop gear
Who gives a shit about drop gear? Who gives a shit about raiding? There's more to craft than just combat gear you utter retard.

Makes sense considering FF tries its hardest to keep reinventing itself. Kind of wished they would be more like DQ and just improve on the good systems they already made like materia, jobs, and the equipment/ability system they used in IX and FFTA.

Objectively XIV.
XII is probably the one I played the most.

This is embarrassing. Did you even read the post you're replying to? The one where the guy outright, explicitly says he thinks raiding doesn't matter, and then you immediately reply 'WAHH BUT CRAFTING IS ONLY USEFUL FOR RAIDS"

>There's more to craft than just combat gear you utter retard.
Like what? Making home accessories? Wow, what a great game...

>Stormblood
>boring
What god awful taste. As expected of a literal pedophile. Fuck off back to your containment board.

Your comment makes no sense. Lalafell players are some of the biggest RP focused players.

only in EU

>spend 80% of the expansion running between the same barren snow field and the city
You must really love elves I guess.

I recently played the jp ps1 version of VII (big mistake, more random battles, missing some bosses and content from the later releases). I was pretty disappointed. It was extremely grindy and some mini games were really unintuitive. I'm considering playing 6,8,10, or 12 next, convince me which one I should play