Is the bigger screen really better? I have the standard one but I really like the idea of having a bigger screen...

is the bigger screen really better? I have the standard one but I really like the idea of having a bigger screen. I've only held one and it feels too big for my hands. Should I just suck it up and buy an xl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BjtD1mOZlPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is hell to hold, but there's grips that improve it moderately.

When I upgraded from a regular launch 3DS to a New 3DS XL, it was like a goddamn revelation. Your mileage may vary, but I'm glad I did.

I went from an original XL to a normal N3DS because I hated the size. I don't think I'd go back, though sometimes I wonder if the 3D effect wasn't better on the XL.

I went from 3DSXL to N3DS to N2DSXL

N3DS is good for 3DS games but forget playing DS or GBA games in their original res.

Bigger screen is easier on the eyes but makes the low ppi count for the 3ds extremely obvious. If weight is an issue you can go for the 2dsxl which is feels a bit lighter. Of course you would have to give up the 3d though.

this for me as well.

currently playing soul silver in my n3ds xl and it is comfu as fuck. also holding select when booting ds games makes it play in better res and doesn't look blurry.

>forget playing DS or GBA games in their original res.
isn't there an option to turn on the original resolution? Or does it look shit/ not work on n3ds?

Maybe I didn't word it correctly but I'm saying the N3DS's screen is too small to properly play DS games since at their original res they're just barely an inch in size. The XL systems don't have this problem.

No, it's so, so much worse. It takes a 240p screen with an already shit PPI and then almost fucking halves that PPI that is already shit. 3dsxl enablers need to be gassed

but that IS the original res
pixel perfect
it's not the original SIZE but it is the original resolution

I'd rather have upscaled 240p than too-fuckin-small-to-see 240p.

>is the bigger screen really better?

If you like a pixellated image with more noticeable jaggies, sure. It's not magically going to stop being 240p.

>but that IS the original res
I never said it wasn't...

Do people not read before posting anymore?

>it feels too big for my hands
Jesus user, I'm a fucking handlet and I think the XL feels nicer to hold

I upgraded from 2ds to NEW 2ds XL. It's worth it. the small screen is just small enough that it makes you not want to play. The New XL versions are pretty awesome for new games.

HOWEVER. keep in mind that the classic games don't use up the entire screen. it's locked to the original resolution for some bullshit reason so if you were planning on playing Virtual console games It's gonna be a small square on the screen that wastes like 1/3 of it being black.

I take better PPI over a bigger screen any day. It's a shame the regular N3DS is harder to find and especially the ones with good panels because I'd probably buy one.

BTW I play with the gba micro a lot and I think it's one of the best thing Nintendo has ever done, every GBA games looks so much better that you actually rediscover them. But I have small hands and good eyesight maybe some people can't tell the difference as much.

The problem with the 3DS is that the system only outputs 240p and a lot of 3DS games use 3D polygons/models along with semi-detailed textures a lot of the time. This isn't an issue on the 2DS/3DS or the N3DS, but jaggies and pixelation really become apparent on any of the XL models with many games.

Some people love big chunky pixels though. I do for 2D games, but not so much 3D games.

The regular N3DS is actually out of production in North America and Europe.

The standard New 3DS is out of production everywhere worldwide.

In fact I believe only the N3DS XL and N2DS XL are still being made, the latter seemingly more advertised and available.

I blame it on the growth hormone in chicken and milk.

I checked once on ebay and I think it was like $300. Hopefully I can buy one cheaper one day.

Except the Micro had a garbage screen with inaccurate colors and a ton of ghosting. They also removed GB/C compatibility, which feels like a major mistake.

I'll admit though, aesthetically it's the best looking handheld they've made until the Switch.

I'll just take my AGS-101 GBA SP instead.

>Do people not read before posting anymore?
do you know where you are right now?

Also, the New 3DS actually has slightly bigger screens than the original 3DS and 2DS. So you get a bigger screen while still having extremely good PPI.

>Didn't have the money available to get the Black Friday version.
>All the NTSC-U ones now cost $250+
It should have been the only version released, the faceplates are too good and I have to spend too much to actually get the version with them now.

You can get the white one on Nintendo's store refurbed for $125

I knew that the Micro had inaccurate colors (undersaturated, dull colors), but I didn't know it had ghosting too.

If you want pixels then sure.

The white one looks terrible with the faceplates though.

Were there different panels for the Micro ? Because mine has the opposite of dull colors and it looks really good. I don't know if it's accurate to the original colors but it's really great, I like the second-most bright setting the best. It does have some ghosting but the picture looks so pretty to the eye I don't care.

Oh thanks, can even get it shipped to Canada. I don't know if I want to take the chance to get the worse panel though, I'm kind of autistic about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=BjtD1mOZlPc

@9:30-ish

>ghosting is definitely less noticeable than on the AGS-101

No, it's just stretched. The smaller one is better on the hands.

This ia nu/v/, user. Its full of children, shitposters, and third worlders with barely any reading comprehension.

lol I like how you complained about "ton of ghosting" on Micro and this video you post contradicts your complaint saying your shit-ppi GBA has much worse ghosing. Yeah I'll take the GBA that makes "gba games look HD" and has still really good colors if you actually used one IRL.