3DS Thread

Let's have a 3DS thread.

What are you currently playing?
What are your favorite games on the system?

I'm thinking about getting into Fire Emblem. What's the best starter entry on 3DS for someone who's never played the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng
pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just picked up a 3DS today... Playing Mario 3D and it's fun

I really like Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

>What are you currently playing?
Dk Country Returns
>What are your favorite games on the system?
Zelda, Mario

Pokemon Ultra Sun
Etrian Odyssey titles (4, 5, U1, U2, PQ), Ever Oasis

>Tfw bout to start over DS: Overclocked for the third time because I forgot the story and couldnt figure out how to beat the boss on day 3

I wanted to grab the new Radiant Historia through freeshop but it doesn't seem to be there yet and I'm too lazy to get my sd card reading laptop out, is it any good?

recommend me some games OP

Currently playing Virtue Last Reward.

Well both the DeSu games have pretty motivating stories (I prefer 2 but 1's setting was better for atmosphere) so if you forgot it then sure, restart.
Otherwise just google it.

>What's the best starter entry on 3DS for someone who's never played the series?
Awakening. Pretty easy and will get you the mechanics down before getting into Conquest. If you want to try out Birthright then do it after Awakening but before Conquest. Birthright is basically just Awakening-lite.

im playing pokemon crystal the game is so hard

I'm playing dead

Underage leave

Me, except is Bravely Default
The first time I was near the first time loop and deleted my savedata by hacking my 3DS again, that was 2 years ago.
The second time I uninstalled it through homebrew manager and forgot to backup the data.
Hopefully I finish it this time around

Awakening/Birthright->Conquest->Echoes
Awakening's for beginners and BR is the same mostly but with a less appealing story.
Conquest is for when you get settled into the gameplay and can ignore the mind-fuckingly retarded story.
Echoes is if you think a hybrid crawler/trpg sounds good. The maps are similar to the fieldspaces of Awakening but I still found it fun.

alttp VC. albw should arrive tomorrow along with radiant historia.
i'm late to the 3ds party and don't have that many titles yet but so far i love New Leaf and the first half of Bravely Default.

Currently playing SMT IV: Apocalypse.
I seem to be one of the few that's not the biggest fan of the 2D combat and the soundtrack of IV but then again, I'm still sucking Nocturne and DDS dick, so I might just be biased.

Trio of Towns
dont really have a favorite.

Radiant Historia. Thinking of running NG+ in EO2U.

Spent the most time with Devil Survivor 1+2 and EO2U by far.

my copy of radiant historia should be here tomorrow, how long did it take you to complete it?

Too many to count. Just finished Radiant Historia. Currently playing Bravely Second and Joker 3. Waiting for next Etrian, SMT and the alliance alive

I'm barely 30% in, but I'm enjoying it. New scenario adds quite a bit, so you might be looking 40-some hours if you're trying for all endings.

>3DS gets stolen
>Looking to buy new one
>phone breaks and need to buy one first
>3DS SNES edition comes out

What are the odds the SNES ones are going to disappear quick, should I cave and put one on my CC or should I be good for a few weeks?

i'm pretty hyped for it.

It doesn't add that much

Emulating Rune Factory 4. Who should I marry? Also any recommendations for any other games I should play?

Any good but short games? Maybe puzzle related but any genre will do

pls respon

special editions usually sell out pretty fast, man. there's no reason to buy one, though. plays all the same games and costs more.

>No reason
It looks cool.
You're probably right though, but I'm still gonna buy one, fuck me.

After hacking it and using Freeshop for a while, I feel like I've played everything there is to play on the damn thing. I beat Code of Princess this morning and don't know what else. I'm downloading LBX now, but I'm not sure I'll like it.

Yes it is

Monster hunter 4 ultimate. Just figured out that when you finish expeditions you can register the monsters shown on the results screen and setup hunts where those monsters are guaranteed to show up. Felt like a total dumbass because until then I was only able to "farm" materials if that particular monster showed up during an expedition. Morale of the story is take your time when reading shit the game is explaining to you.

Should just buy a 2DS XL, special edition look nice but the moment it gets a scratch or a dead pixel you'll never get over the OCD.

What the fuck took you 7 years to pick up the system? Although better late than never I suppose. You have a fucking ton of games out there to play

I went to pick one up today, but ended up waiting.
Went to 5 different stores, but I couldn't find any of the Sup Forums recommended games. They must be too good.

Is there a way to get homebrew on this fucker without having another 3ds or a flashcart?

Radiant Historia with Ultra Sun and Xenoblade 3D on the back burner
Way too fucking many. A few of them are Monster Hunter 3U, Pokemon Sun (Ultra Sun can eat a dick), Persona Q, most of the Etrian Odyssey games

Yes

>I'm thinking about getting into Fire Emblem. What's the best starter entry on 3DS for someone who's never played the series?
With CFW, you can play 1-8, 13-15. Of those, 7 would be the best to start with. It's here under "Fire Emblem".

mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng

How?

Read the guide. No, not just the second half, the whole fucking thing.

pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9

The whole thing.

Hardmod it. Get out your soldering gun and solder.

Or just spend the $10 for a flash cart.

Nothing. Everything I wanted to play, I've played or have gotten tired of.
MH4U, Etrian Odyssey V, Smash Bros, 7th Dragon III, Xenoblade Chronicles, and uh... Thats about it off the top of my head.

Just finished Radiant Historia, now in an NG+ playthrough just to get that bonus dungeon

EO and Devil Survivor Games

Right now I am playing Fire Emblem Awakening.
Classic hard mode is impossible without anyone dying while normal is too easy fuck

What's up with the Devil Survivor shilling in recent 3DS threads? They're not the best SMT games on 3DS, and not even that good in general.

>not even that good in general.
t. retard
The games are fun. I wouldn't call them the best of all time, but they are far from bad.

Ace Attorney Trilogy, I also just started the DS fire emblems (god they're ugly)
Tough to say, but I'd go with DeSu 1&2, Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call, MonHun 4U, Rune Factory 4, and probably Radiant Historia since I loved the original.

I think without all the remakes/ports for the system, the 3ds library would be pretty weak. It kinda sucks for those who already have an extensive gaming background. That said, even though I played a lot of the original games, the remakes were still pretty fun to play through.

Different strokes, I guess. I personally found them to be a blast, with great gameplay, music, setting, and difficulty. My only complaint would be that completing all the different endings took fucking forever, but I guess that's more my completionist attitude at fault.

Currently playing SMTIV

Favourite games are Pokémon moon, Super Mario 3D land, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Which games utilize the 3D effect the best way?

3D Land, Kirby, Ace Combat.

I want to pick up a new 2DS XL, can someone let me know if I can just get a flashcart (or whatever is the equivalent nowdays) and play the new Pokemon games with a friend who has the legit copy? I cbf buying a bunch of games