Whom would you choose to take over the Star Wars license?

Whom would you choose to take over the Star Wars license?

Rockstar

Nobody.
The license should not be exclusive.

There is no good option. All American studios big enough to buy Disney's interest are AAA exploitative enough to make the same "mistakes" over and over and still turn a profit. Just have the franchise under Disney Interactive Studios and pick independent studios to make games. At least then a diamond in the rough might appear.

I like how it looks like he's wearing a tiara.

L&S was a good movie

This.

just let it die

This, Activision would probably be next in line to getting it and they're as bad as EA

This. Fucking DISNEY owns the license and they handed it off to one company? What in the actual fuck guys.
Whore the shit out of it, crank out games and rake in cash.

Disney knows the risk of an over-saturated market be it movies, toys, or video games. It's why you see timing trends among their film releases despite Disney having all the resources to chug out movies back-to-back.

This. Even if most of the games end up being crap, that's nothing new. Star Wars games have always been a mixed bag. But there were so many that by sheer odds some of them ended up good.

Which game developer is most similar to Kotor era bioware today?

No one, not really, I initially started thinking which big company would be able to handle the franchise, but there isn't one, all the big companies are shit, and I mean unredeemably so. The companies big enough to be able to do several side projects dealing with star wars just don't have the proper interests in mind.

I'd say the best that Disney can do is handle it like Games Workshop does, sell the licence for the IP by exclusive titles and ONLY when producers, actual developers, come with a very defined project, and let those smaller studios run free.

If the entertainment industry proved anything in 2017 is that it's dying, the power is no longer in the hands of big corporations, all it needs is a tech revolution in the movie part so indies can thrive there just as well as they thrive on vidya.

Ya but Disney is only gonna give out the license as a bulk deal to a single publisher, so they can make sure no one does anything 'Not-Star Wars' with the IP

I want to fuck Nani

Bring back Lucasarts, assemble a good team of developers, and let them do it. In fact, just forget the Star Wars games for a while and let them do whatever the hell they want to like the Lucasarts of old did.

Obsidian.

I wish there was better fucking art. Every single lewd involving nani is horrible, your cropped image included.

Let it die. It has fouled to the point that I detest it, and wish to see it burn.

What? What is stopping Disney from babysitting the companies it let's use the IP?

This. Again.
The only time star wars games have ever been good - generally speaking - was when it was on a game by game basis and lucasarts entertained seemingly all comers.
Disney seems to think "keep it in one hand and we can control the narrative" or something, which seems like a sound anti-EU decision, but it was giving devs the freedom to go fuck off wherever they wanted that helped make great games with great premises.
Force Unleashed excepted, but even that had some worthy ideas at its root.

Which is why there's a new Star Wars movie every year until the end of time.

No exclusivity.

And let those guys from Factor 5 that are still active release that Rogue Squadron collection.

>Disney knows the risk of an over-saturated market
Is this a joke? Marvel movies were alrightish before Disney took over, now it's one fucking bland shitty movie after another, several movies per year, several movies nobody asked for. Same shit with SW, we didn't get movies but we had the shows and the expanded universe, now all we get are soulless garbage like TFA and Rogue One.

Disney is the master of saturating the market.

>that time period where you couldn't fucking get away from aladdin shit and that obnoxious smurfjinie no matter where you went or what you did
>niggers hiding in a straw basket in east india would peek out and see that motherfucker staring at them on the wall across the shit street
When Disney starts squeezing a tit, it doesn't stop until cancer forces its removal.

>When Disney starts squeezing a tit, it doesn't stop until cancer forces its removal.
That was in the past boy, the new deal is to encourage cancer growth to use it's unlimited growth capabilities to always have shit to sell.