What are some impressive details in videogames?

What are some impressive details in videogames?
For instance, this door shows rust because its a metal door that was underwater for a period of time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Elwb2lV88hM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I AM FUCKING SICK OF THIS STUPID MOTHERFUCKING MEME

metal doesn't rust from water retard

it corrodes from contact like rain hitting it over time or someone rubbing their hands on it often

dumbest post i've read all day

>people think this was a coincidence

Am I being coaxed into a snafu?

In Half-Life 2, during the Route Kanal chapter, you hear a radio transmission of the resistance talking about a station 12
>Station 12 come in. Station 12, do you read?
>This is station 8, we heard 12 go down and out.
And then later on in Water Hazard, you come across station 12 which was hit with a headcrab shell.

>it corrodes from contact
good bait

This is wrong though.

It's here to stay, Henry

How?

there are 121 power stars in the game

well there are 120 gold stars, the 121st is a green one, so it doesn't count in this case

its big but not grren

>he never got the green star

Wait, what?

I bet his dad doesn't even work for nintendo

have you ever looked at shipwrecks?

That's just from all the fish touching it you retard

holy fucking shit....

spoonfeed me please

he was a fucking goron all along dude... fuck...

>Imagine not having anything better to do than count poles

water is a catalyst for oxidation and often has oxygen gas dissolved in it. you are wrong and a double nigger

I don't get it.

The fuck?

“Corrode” implies that it wastes away. It does not; it oxidises under the influence of moisture on the surface being exposed to oxygenisation (yes, this can happen underwater since water contains oxygen).
Since the metal isn’t “wasting away”, it just has it’s physical state altered by environmental issues, you remain incorrect, and no but even semi-correct at all.

I am aware that people think that this is bait, however, I genuinely believe that you’re actually this stupid.
Have a good day, user.

Terminal autism

theres a mysterious traveler on one of the islands. if you use your leaf and blow on him, he loses his hat and you can see hes actually a goron

whoa...i never saw it coming..mindblown dude...

There's only 48 actual vertices.

kojima wins

Please explain what an "actual" vertex is.

The debug menu for DS is pretty neato

Suisou means "fish tank"
Habitake is "Wings"
Google Fu eludes me as to what the fuck Horisoko is. Maybe it's the Vanish Cap course.

I just noticed the foyer is shaped like a heart

And if you take a heart and flip it upside down what do you get? A butt. And when Mario wants to destroy something lower than him, what does he use? His butt.

You're digging too deep, user.

If you removed that vertex you would be left with two faces with 5 edges each instead of four quads, I'm pretty sure it's there for a reason.

Only iron rusts, all other metal corrodes

He's saying the mesh has unnecessary vertices. In a cleaner mesh of the same geometry there'd only need to be 48.

Look at each corner edge of the shape, and note that a single edge has 4 vertices where 2 would suffice, likewise for the interior corners. This mesh has 64 vertices and 64 faces, but that's because it was made inefficiently. You'd be just as justified being impressed that a random mesh of a perfect cube had 9 vertices instead of 8 cause one got left in on a random edge.

Good point.

Disregard

wait what

peach's back door looks like its been remodeled. you can tell because the brown bricks surrounding it dont match

oh my god this door is a rusty door i've never been so immersed.

I’d remodel Peach’s back door

Speaking of Peach's backdoor.

>counted them all up and there's only 83

This unnecessary amount of detail just pisses me off. It's impressive as fuck but the I bet a good week was spent coding and testing this nonsense. That work could have gone towards something more useful or at least giving some people the day off or some shit. But regardless, it is really fucking impressive nonetheless and it's probably because we're not getting this level of detail anymore why games aren't nearly as technologically sound these days and are filled with glitches now more than before.

Why is Sup Forums so disinterested in video games that every interesting details/easter eggs thread gets derailed with obvious jokes?

>brown bricks

I want to fuck Peach in the ass

skipped science class I see...

rust on a door isn't interesting

only people with autism care about things like this

>tfw I was autistic enough to fall for this and count them

>It's impressive as fuck but the I bet a good week was spent coding and testing this nonsense.
it would take a few hours at most, it's pretty simple logic, still fucking pointless though

You could code that in about five minutes.
Why do you hate detail?

That wasnt so hard

> supper mario broth

I see two lines there idiet

This is the one with the missing door isn't it?

^:)

someone post the meme about putting some word in spoiler tags inside another word, i forgot how it goes

youtube.com/watch?v=Elwb2lV88hM

Why is there fish in the bottom?

More like SOUPer mario broth

are you autistic?

a classic

>Peach and Bowser's poop mixed

Every time.

ywn smeeel pech's braps

y live

UMA

it was probably the opposite. someone wanted OT and didn't have anything left to do for the day so he just dicked around and coded the ice

i don't get it honestly

boskeletonrp

Autist!

boskeletonrp

But can you guys defeat this?

boskeletonrp

You're wrong but I can't blame you, people who know water rusts metal are from third world countries like me.

>It's time to have some fun with Uncle Samsonite

fuck you

>house in the middle has 2 water lines
>house on the right has no water
good job

Third house isn't getting water.

boskeletonrp

boskeletonrp
>Tfw when autistic

What the fuck is that image

boskeletonrp

Stop trying to fill my house with gas. I'm not a fucking jew.