Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/340430896/Death-Masque-Book-PDF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ORKZ WAZ MADE FO' FIGHTIN' AN' WINNIN'

Ork game when

Orkz best race

>All these xenos

>Starfox 64 boss fight.png

OY, LOOK A' ME! I HAVE POINTY EARS AND I DIE SCREAMING, HAHAHAH!

>mfw no ork centered game because devs are too uninspired and incompetent to pull it off nowadays

Rogue Trader game when
>explore the stars beyond the limits of ths Imperium
>deal with Xenos how you see fit
>get rich
>get richer
>create a dynasty without compare
>enslave entire planets
>command a fleet and create your little empire

Dark Crusade was great

Tau a shit!

>tfw Eternal Crusade

>marinelets

Batel Bruvas

Don't worry, they are here to stay

> GW confirmed on stream it would be possible for regular marines to transition to Primaris

THE ENEMEE IS AT OWAH DOAH

my god we're gonna have pre-op and post-op transmarines

All they gotta do is shove acouple more organs in em.

Can someone tell me WHO THE FUCK WRITES THIS SHIT? I mean seriously, not joking? What kind of ape writes this? Because the Imperium singlehandedly ruined the ONE CHANCE of a chaos god dying, for good, for real, forever, and what does the god who they just fucked over does once it, despite the Imperium's efforts, awakens? Heal a motherfucking Primarch, literally giving the Imperium it's sole light of hope in dark times. Why? WHY? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YNNEAD DO THAT? The imperium has over and over, again and again, fucked over the eldar, they accuse the eldar of treachery but they have betrayed the eldar more times than other way around, WHY THE FUCK WOULD A ELDAR GOD HELP THE IMPERIUM?

I'm not even a eldar fanboy but this makes my blood boil.

Elves become Sigmar’s bitches and Eldar become Gulliman’s

You may not like it, but its perfectly in line with the fluff.
To wit, Eldars have fucked over the Imperium mutiple times before. Savind a single eldar is more important an an entire world of human, and they would often not even warn those humans.

More importantly however, those are Deathwatch Marines. They are literaly brainwashed - well, more than normal - to hate the Xenos and everything they stand for.

And to top it all off, this is what the setting is all about. A giant hurting itself just as much as it hurts its enemies. A slow grinding death rather than a quick fall.

IT'S NOT A PHASE, CHAPTER MASTER! THIS IS WHO I REALLY AM!

>Expecting the Imperium to be rational.
I thought the whole point was these idiots were so stubborn they'd eventually destroy themselves.

If and when it happens, what should The End Times: 40k be like?

cuz the eldar know they can't do it alone
the imperium is a terribly ally to rely on but they don't have a choice

I remember when this games graphics were impressive to me.

Chaos wins.
End of story. And then, nothingness.
Presumably the Emperor is killed by abloobloo and his super special sword.

Well now that Cadia is gone aren't we already gearing up for End Times?

is that a codex for ants?

scribd.com/document/340430896/Death-Masque-Book-PDF

You ought to read up on this shit before forming opinions. Eldrad would have been put to death by HIS OWN people for this shit, let alone Imperials.

If he succeeded he would have sacrificed billions of humans and potentially hundreds of thousands to millions of Eldar.

Even if the Ynnead came back, who's to say he would actually defeat Slaanesh? Did the Eldar have a backup plan in case he failed? What if the Eldar used him against the Imperium? The Imperium had no idea what the Eldar's intentions with Ynnead were so they decided to take the "better safe than sorry" route.

>Savind a single eldar is more important an an entire world of human, and they would often not even warn those humans
That's fine and dandy but it's just another case of "saying not showing", they SAY this shit, but they SHOW the eldar being screwed by the Imperium all the time. Some times for no fucking reason whatsoever.
>And to top it all off, this is what the setting is all about.
My problem isn't with the Deathwatch killing eldar, my problem isn't with an entire chapter destroying an entire craftworld with no fucking reason, my problem isn't with normal war stuff in warhammer, my problem is with the new Mary Sue in town giving a healing blowjob to Rowboat Girlyman when there's no reason for her to do such thing and when we (and she) KNOW the Imperium is just going to use this new resource to fuck the eldar even more. Hell them actually legitimately helping the eldar for arguably giving the imperium the best gift they got in fuck knows how long is out of question.

Go on make sense of that.

Actually the eldar can literally all kill themselves and become part of the infinite circuit to exit this fucked universe, that's the main point of Ynnead's power.

>You ought to read up on this shit
And you know what, I'm gonna, cuz my 40K lore is basic at best.

In short Artemis did nothing wrong.

When will the Chogoris tomb wake up?

Multiple factions actiing in a different way is not unheard of amongst the Eldars.
And since the Ynnari are a small splinter faction their survival hinges upon all the help they can get. Lo and behold, Yvraine can control death, and the Imperium is still the greatest galactic power.
So by making nice with the Imperium, she can increase the power of her faction and potentially complete Ynnead, even at the expense of the entire remnatns of the Eldar empire.
Consider that she once walked amongst the Dark Eldars, and feeding from other people is their schtick.

And it would not even be hard to push the Imperium into this.

all new 40k lore has been shit ever since they retconned the ork psychic field being the reason their guns work

>the space lanes north of ultramar
>north
????????????????????

NOT SO FAST ETHEREAL LAP DOG

Absolute kino

Riddle me this, to kill your enemy you must know your enemy, to know your enemy you must understand your enemy, learn what makes them thick, learn what's important to them, in that cause it should be obvious that the eldar and humans are only ever actually enemies when their momentary interests work against each other.
Again, my problem isn't with normal war stuff, my problem is the newreborn Mary Sue helping the imperium after this shit. Actually after several hundred shits.
This makes no fucking sense
>"hurr let me just shoot my both my feet by giving tremendous power to the faction that caused more damage to my faction than the chaos factions themselves durrr"
It makes no fucking sense, and no the Imperium didn't hit just the eldar, they hit the death faction itself during the time it was most vulnerable.

The problem with this is that everyone is enemy with everyone EXCEPT with the Imperium whom some other factions are for no fucking reason amicable with from time to time, ONLY to be betrayed by the Imperium.

What faction is working with the Imperium other than the Ynnari right now.
Killing Slaanesh serves the Eldars first and foremost, even though not all of them are happy with the idea of sacrificing everything they still have for the sake of that.
So from the point of view of the Imperium, this is weakening the Eldars.
But now the Ynnary could be playing both sides, and they have done a great service to Mankind by giving them a Primarch to lead them in times of strife.

So its still grimdark, but with a bit of idiocy and the long clamored for alliance between Eldars and Imperium. After a fashion.
I'm not saying it makes perfect sense, but it is oddly fitting, and could go places.

Really, the problem is that they kick off a ton of shit then grind it down to a halt. Moving the setting forward in a way that keeps it static for now, and with everything fucked.
Oh yeah, and more new plastic models to sell. New models for the most popular factions, mind.

Eldar and Humans have always been fair-weather allies. The Eldar can't afford to be die-hard enemies with absolutely everyone in the setting because they are a weakened race.

The Imperium has no need to go out of it's way to crush them because it's stretched too thin and has much worse foes to deal with. They both regard Chaos as the "Arch" enemy. Eldar frequently use the Imperium as a giant fucking beat-stick to get things done that they cannot.

Rezzing BobbyG makes perfect sense in the current setting, Cadia was BTFO and the imperium would have fucking FALLEN without him to pick up the pieces. If the Imperium falls then the whole Galaxy becomes Chaos. Chaos wins. Simple as that.

>implying dem spikey boys can beat da orks

They would if the majority of the galaxy was turned into warp-space.

Will the dynasties ever form back into the one Empire and will the Silent King ever return? Immotekh seems to be getting there.

>right now
The eldar have worked with the imperium before, multiple times, in which the imperium always betrayed them.
>After a fashion
Are you joking me? What fashion? The imperium hit them and RIGHT after that they help the imperium? That makes no fucking sense.
>oddly fitting
How? HOW? No vengeance for one of the few from this new faction being killed, no "fuck you we're letting you rot next time you need help", but a fucking gift?
>The Imperium has no need to go out of it's way to crush them
But they DO that, all the time, even the Legion of the Damned, which should be a defensive OP chapter goes out of it's way to kill an eldar craftworld.
>Rezzing BobbyG makes perfect sense in the current setting
Not for the eldar, hell not for this new faction, because the imperium again and again, devoted resources that could have been used to kill orcs or chaos, against eldar.

Eldar women belong to space marines

> implying the Eldar haven't betrayed the shit out of the imperium just as much if not more

Stop being such a butthurt fanboy. The setting is massive, the imperium is not a singular consciousness nor are the differing factions of Eldar. Of course they are going to fuck with eachother from time to time. Some humans will always think it best to kill Xenos regardless of context. Some Eldar are delusional arrogant fucks who try to conquer imperial worlds for the sake of it.

At the end of the Day Rouboute is what is keeping the Imperium intact against a much more active Chaos threat, and the Imperium is still a buffer between Chaos and the Eldar.

Who is to say what will come out of Octarius

By strengthening the Imperium, they create a bulwark.
By being well informed about what the Imperium does, they can set it up better next time.
They cannot face Chaos by themselves. But they can use the Imperium to buy time. The way they have done forever.

So it does serve them, even after a setback. And again, 40k is all about the Imperium being in its death throes, but not going gently into the night. And the same applies to the Eldars, who are essentially the predecessors of Mankind in terms of control of the Galaxy.

Really, GW gave people what they clamored for. Eldar/Imperium alliance. The setting moved forward. New Space Marines sculpts. Technological advancement. And so on.
Just not in the way people expected it. Since its only a splinter faction, every thing is even shittier than before, the Primaris seem to be set up to cause problem in the future because some of the genetic flaws are showing up even worse, and Cawl is a bordeline heretek.

>not just stacking fire warriors

Will the guard get new toys or is that reserved for the marines?

I suspect that Cadians might get something as a compensation for their planet not existing anymore.

Daily reminder that Trazyn has captured Creed

> marines

>we will never get a modern 40k game with the awesome 5th edition redesign units for crons and DE

this is hilarious with the new games

> implying the Eldar haven't betrayed the shit out of the imperium just as much if not more
Alright, when exactly did the Imperium helped the eldar right after being betrayed?
>fanboying
You're the one fanboying over GW, they are writing absolute horseshit and you're sucking it right out of their ass.
>By strengthening the Imperium, they create a bulwark
Makes no fucking sense if said "bulwark" started attacking you as well.
>By being well informed about what the Imperium does, they can set it up better next time.
>implying the imperium will say shit to them
>They cannot face Chaos by themselves
They don't have to, the imperium is massive and even while actually losing ground it would still take a millennia for them to become irrelevant.
>But they can use the Imperium to buy time
It doesn't buy them time if the imperium uses it's new tools against them. Like they have always done.
>Eldar/Imperium alliance
With the imperium screwing the eldar with a chainsaw? What kind of alliance is that? Again HOW THE ELDAR BENEFIT FROM THIS. And don't say "bulwark" or "buy time", the last time they did that it resulted in the very founder of this faction becoming a undead craftworld.

> REEEEEE I take it personally everytime a human kills an eldar

I told you I'm not even an eldar fan, specially this new faction, but this is retarded, the way GW keeps fondling the imperium's balls at every turn just turns me off the entire setting.

Humans are the main characters of the story. I don't know how you can go into the 40k universe and expect anything else. The setting HAS always, and WILL always revolve around them.

It's edgy fantasy in space, what do you expect?

BFGA II seems to be set in 8th edition

SOME level of impartiality, either make it so that factions are actually allies, so when there's gifts being given, it's bilateral, not unilateral, or there should be no helping whatsoever. As the way it is, there's a different set of rules for what GW allows to happen to some specific factions and another one for the imperium.

Someone needs to do it, the world needs a rouge trader game.

Not that guy but
>How does the Eldar benefit from this
Because they understand that even though the Imperium has fucked them over more times than they can count, Chaos is a far more ruthless enemy, and considering the other factions the Eldar are up against, the Imperium seems to be the lesser of all evils, and that alone is saying something. Plus, resurrecting a fucking Primarch can be used as a political leverage in the future, while they may not be buddies after this, I'd wager Guilliman will at least be willing to hear them out.

Its always been the case. Its a long standing criticism that the Imperium is the protagonist, at the expense of the rest.
Though its has gotten worse since most writing is just faction wank in Codex and the conflict is even more centered around Mankind vs Chaos. With some NPCs for flavour.

Hopefully the ever greater presence of the Necrons, the Tyranids, and Ghazkull supercharging in Waaagh in Octarius can lead to better lore.
But since the Horus Heresy is successful, with multiple bestsellers, they are doubling down on Space Marines, Chaos, the Imperium and the Apotheosis of Mankind.
They even have a potential completeSTC that is not corrupted about to be recovered.

>Chaos is a far more ruthless enemy
When was the last time chaos destroyed an entire craftworld?

They don't have to, the Eldar's souls all go to Slaanesh, and that is far more worse than being showered with bolters by humans

Agreed. But it would probably be 150 gigabytes worth.

I hope tau actually take some planets from the smurfs those clowns had it too good for too long.

Only the best for the Rogue Traders

You mean the Tau had it good for too long, right.

Craftworld Ulthwe was invaded twice, first by the Black Legion and then by Daemons. Craftworld Iyanden was attacked by a Nurgle fleet. While the Craftworlds weren't destroyed, they were still attacked by Chaos forces.

That's kind of the basic gist of 40k in the first place, it's about Imperium vs. Chaos after the aftermath of the Horus Heresy, and there lies the problem of the story: there is still no concrete resolution to that main aspect and thus the other factions have been relegated to the sidelines. If they made the C'tan and the Tyranids be much more larger threats that the Eldar and the Imperium have to make an uneasy truce, or at least have the Chaos Gods be more visible in the story rather than individual Daemon Princes, that might be a good start.

Jesus christ imagine a baroque, grimdark mass effect like rogue trader

>the Eldar's souls all go to Slaanesh, and that is far more worse than being showered with bolters by humans
Did you even read the bullshit you just wrote? It's by the "bolters being showered on them" that they end up being devoured by Slaanesh.
Well the Imperium did most of the damage on Iyanden by betraying them, so what WOULD be your point actually works against you in this one.

I'll redeploy ya arse after I enact bug extermination and fungal removal. And appear in a future Dawn of War game...if there will be any.

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA BIOMASS @

>Well the Imperium did most of the damage on Iyanden by betraying them
Didn't Hive Fleet Kraken wipe out 80% of Iyanden's population?

>still no modern Apocalypse game other than mods
>playing it as mod in DoW SS makes everything into a crawling ass the moment units increase in number
Praise the omnissiah!

>Muirgaythh[12], destroyed by the forces of Slaanesh
>Lanimayesh - fell to the Realm of Chaos after the Khorne Daemons Incursion and disrupting ritual of Farseer of the Biel-Tan

But either way, the Fall is responsible of the Slaanesh situation. The Imperium helping it along is just flavour for the setting. And the Imperium does not care because its full of humanity first assholes to the point of stupidity, in keeping with the theme.
I mean, I get your point but its a setting meant to sell toy soldiers into endless war. So win conditions, alliances and logic go out the window in favour of greater heights of violence. Factions would rather backstab each other rather than working for towards a common goal because its the tagline of the setting. "There is only war".

Which I would suppose is part of the reason why many people prefer WHF, until the end Times.

tl;dr: is it good lore? Yes and no. Its full of retardation and excessive violence for the sake of violence, but its a fun setting if you consider it as a sandbox for metal adventures in spess.

Maybe someone will make it. Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 is a thing, and those are awesome ships indeed.

Forget about women brother, our duty to the Emperor is far more important

No. The imperium doesn't care about soul-stones. Chaos would eat every one of those they could find AND drain the infinity circuits of every eldar soul.

>Well the Imperium did most of the damage on Iyanden by betraying them

The Imperium did not betray Iyanden nor made any meaningful interaction with them outside of few battles over territory. Quit being a lying troll.

LIIVI is now Gendo

What I love about the 40K setting is that the Marine's distrust is immensely stupid by our standards, but by the horrific standards of the universe is justified. Everything in the 40k universe is designed to fuck you up.

Nids noms everything and everyone, the end.

Wait hold the fuck on, since when they rectoned their power of imagination? That was the best part of the orks. You better be fucking lying.

DA GREENEST AND BESTEST END

They did not, it just got lowered to the point its not full blown reality warping unless in enormous numbers. And there never were much exemples of boxes filled with ammo firing like a machine gun anyways.
Nowadays, Ork tech can run on the Waagh field if they are united enough. Past a critical amount, the Orks become smarter and more civilized. And their tech becomes better and better.
Armageddon is their homeworld. It used to be called Ullanor

Who know what the Krorks were like at their height.

>spoiler
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>EVERYTHING IS RED
>GOOD THAT MEANS WE GOIN SUPA FAST

It was never a major concrete element of canon that the ork's had 'power of imagination', it was just a single throwaway line of lore from back in like... 4th edition I think that suggested it. But like any tiny tidbit like that Sup Forums and others take it and blow it up to huge proportions as if it was a primary gameplay mechanic or something.