Lose 75% of my matches

>lose 75% of my matches
>get matched against someone with 27 matches and 27 wins
>"must be a rage quitter" I think
>"why would the algorithm pit me against this win ratio" I think
>he proceeds to beat by ass in with such perfect execution and combos so long that I almost believe it's a true 0-death
>I know I'm shit but I can at always at least put up a fight
>he beats me so fast it's funny
>decide to stick it out for round two
>same result
I don't think this game is for me

It's like that for everyone until it clicks, and once it makes sense, you get a huge skill spike until that second plateau. Play with friends at first with the intent to learn through all the silly bs you guys do if getting absolutely crushed is too much before you understand why.

That person might be a smurf

top guy has like 800 matches and almost 800 wins with like 60 losses

that is insane.

>I lost so I might as well not try

Yea, that's why casuals like you are never good at fighting games. You either remain trash or do something about it and get better.

So, in general for matchmaking: Promptness over accuracy.

Companies would like to keep you entertained by giving you the fastest possible queue times for matches, regardless if the match will be a good one/at a similar skill level or not.

This is a shitty fucking way to do matchmaking.

Keep at it, bro. Instead of getting depressed or upset you need to figure out why you lost. Thats one of the first steps at "getting gud." Once you realize, "Oh, I should have been blocking there" "I shouldn't have super dashed there" is when you start to catch up to people.

>Matchmaking constantly pairs him up with people leagues better than him
>Never makes a win

You're right, its his fault for being a green square, matching up against oranges or reds.

I don't think it sorts by win ratio. It most likely sorts by points. That dude only had 27 games in, and even though he won them all, his points couldn't have been over 30k, probably way less.

>I can only play one person ever

Then move on and go play casual matches with someone more your skill level. Who cares if you lose one match? Are you so weak willed that a few loses against people who know what they're doing will stop you from playing/getting better?

Its a long way to top, if you want to rock an' roll.

Occasionally getting matched up with someone way better than you is definitely not a bad thing. Coming from guilty gear I had like 100 games with 85 wins, and I thought I was hot shit. Then I fought someone that was actually good and I learned a lot.

Point is. Fighting better players and losing is the best way to learn how to not lose. If that makes sense.

Playing against someone better than you is a good way to learn, but the person has to still be at least within the same league as you. If you're matched against someone that crushes you so badly that you don't even understand what happened then you're not likely to get anything useful out of that match.

>Get matched with a Red square as a green square
>Get absolutely destroyed
>...uhh dont get hit, be better at blocking :)

Thats all you get from getting destroyed.

>Get matched with guy with 21 matches and 21 wins
>Give him his first match and set loss
>He doesn't ragequit and takes the L

Felt good

Just because it is themed after Dragonball does not mean you will suddenly be good at fighting games. You were shit at fighters before so of course you are now.

This, was getting my ass kicked in ranked and then the other day it just clicked all at once and I won 8 matches in a row last time I played

What I figured out is that for low levels of ranked, you need to be able to do exactly two things: reliably anti-air, and use staggered normals for pressure (if you have good blockstrings or mixups this is even better, but at low levels all you need to do to catch people is delay normals in your string so they get stuffed when they try to mash out between your M and H or something)

If you can do these everyone will crumble until you get high enough that they stop spamming SD and mashing during pressure and you can start actually playing smart and doing mindgames

If you arn't retarded you can see what he is doing to hit you and then be ready to block it next time.

you're in the shitter phase where you can't keep your composure. keep playing and practicing, and watching streams of decent players, then you'll see what you're doing wrong.

Just play as terrible as possible and laugh thats what i do.
I know i won't ever be great at fighting games so i just stopped trying to get good at them.
I Just keep playing match after match getting destroyed by higher ranks. But sometimes i win and i feel less shit. Idk how to describe it.

I have about over a hundred loses now only 32 wins.

NO HE IS TOO H-HAYAI

Pssst! OP! Try this one!

It's actually kind of crazy how complicated this game is. No joke.

>tfw having a win streak after it all clicked and changing to yellow square frieza clan and beating super saiyans

Feels good man

Nice bait pony fag

same thing happens in literally any multiplayer game if you jump in after release. only veterans will remain and they'll run a train on you till you get better

Just give it a little bit and soon you will be matched against a guy with 27 matches and 0 wins. That will be your chance to be the bad ass.

Trust me op
Everyone feels like that at the start, don't let one fighting game veteran who's been playing Fighters for a decade make you quit the game.
Play people at or slightly above your level
Fighting games are like fps.
The skill carries on over time
Except I think Fighters are probably deeper

The guy who beat you is probably a wheelchair bound no-lifer. Either that or he was using macros to combo.

I'm any case, don't quit just because someone styled on you.

I can't *get* fighting games no matter how much I play them. I kick ass at CS or Dirty bomb but as soon as I'm in a 1v1 in street fighter it's a stomp

Gave up on the genre

>It's a "faggot spams down+medium to get a down+heavy air combo" episode

These faggots ruin the fucking game.

>be freeza clan
>Get matched against a saibaman
>Its a promotion match for me

I mean im thankful for the free saiyan rank up but wtf is this matchmaking

for every ten matches you have fun in there will always be one match that serves as a reality check

Kek I find it's the opposite for me. I have one fun match and the next 10 matches make me buttmad even if I win because I can't stop my nerves and make a lot of unintentional mistakes.

>have a good match
>lose
>faggot runs off with my points because he knows that he'll lose next match
Has to be the frustrating shit on this planet.

>2M>2H
Want to guess how I know you suck?

>tfw you play Ginyu, Gotenks, and Majin Buu
Even when I'm playing well I feel outclassed by all the Black, Hit, and Android 16 and 18 players.

Fighting games are skill based
You just haven't had enough time that's all

number one slot is also a confirmed ragequitter