Multiplayer games you miss

This game ruled.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erS6fY8vMnI
youtube.com/watch?v=KlLMlJ2tDkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>crawling around as an alien with your alien buddies

>Playing as a face hugger

If they ever put this on PC I would start the grind all over again and wouldn't stop playing as my man Julius.

REMASTER IT GUERILLA PLEASE

I would love that but I highly doubt they ever will. I don't want to say never but I just don't think they see any incentive to it. I also doubt people in 2018 would want to play a slower pace FPS game that also has a weighted feel to everything such as KZ2. Only diehards would be buying it really.

Never got to play Resistance but it always looked good to me as well.

This game died before it's time.
youtube.com/watch?v=erS6fY8vMnI

Still playable.

Check tbbcbase

Nobody even knows U2XMP is anymore. Hell, even back then it was pretty niche since Unreal 2 didn't launch with it.

It really did and I'm still bummed out about it even now. I had so much fun with it be it teaming up with equally skilled people and wrecking a level or teaming up with people having a hard time and helping them get some good shit from the bosses. I'll forever hope for a sequel or a port but I know it'll never happen.

>That feel when berserker mail and sonic boots

Triggered

>getting headshots as sniper so often that I got kicked for "cheating"
>wonder where the fuck all that skill I had at 10 years old went

also
>when you discover staggering
>that one praetorian that was always either really good or really shit

I miss multiplayer so fucking much man. I loved that upper floor on that one map with the lava and bright orange with long af ladders

I don't care what anyone says, this was the best multiplayer ever. So fucking fun. Too bad Capcom decided to make Dead Planet Lost Space 3: 3 and kill the series.

I was pretty good with the praetorian. The trick was knowing that you were too slow to cross an open space before the humans drop you, so you had to get creative with how you approached them

Man I almost teared up remembering these days

I was the co founder of the -=[C.M]=- clan. Those days ofnpkaying survivor all night on quarantine hunkering down in vents and the base area with sadars and smartguns while facing horde after horde of runners/drones mostly.

I just realised I'll never relive moments like that in gaming again. Time to end it all.

>beeping intensifies

Legit one of the best shooters ever made

Those few players that knew how to play praetorian and had the patience for it scared the fuck out of me when I was human.
Worst feeling when you're about to reach the end of a corridor in that predator map and the only praetorian in the game appears right at the end and you know you're too close to kill him

>-=[C.M]=- clan.

Holy fucking shit. First time I think of that clan since 13 years. I absolutely remember a tag like that.

I loved survivor, I started multiplayer with that game mode. That map with the underground little base with the open door. Humans waiting with miniguns and shit for aliens to pounce from the entrance. Always took a few predalien pounces from the very back to soak up enough damage for the rest of the aliens to flood.

I really don't think I'll ever relive moments like that ever again either.

what do you mean "miss"?
You can still play it!

>enemies constantly spawn if you stay in one spot
>either have to move up or wait them out
>if you wait them out they will eventually stop coming
WHY HAS NOBODY DONE THIS IN OTHER GAMES ITS FUCKING BRILLIANT

LP3 wasn't bad, it just can't compete with monster hunter with guns.

>game is basically a multiplayer online game, even in single player campaign mode
lol no. The japanese have no idea how to not design a game like a shitty RPG

People still play it, you just need some patches

The 2010 reboot was unironically good. Not as good as AvP2 and multiplayer died off after only a few months, but it was still good. I still go back and play the campaigns when I get into an Aliens mood.

>Stuck on g4wl
>Stuck on last gen
Only hope is if based Phil Spencer brings it to backwards compatible library

>co-op game feels like a multiplayer game in single player

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=KlLMlJ2tDkg

I really miss the 96-player mode Escalation. Team vs. Team vs. Team base capture madness.

>Shooters on consoles
Will never understand this. I played MAG for a few days and got fed up with having to aim with my movement and my stick

>port it to PS3 years later
>still penny-pinch all the DLC instead of selling it as a bundle
>add in local couch co-op but not patch that back over to the 360 release

I used the PS Move for it. Turning was a little awkward at times but pulling off headshots was no problem.

The game was a beautiful chaotic mess, even when the OIC and platoon leaders were all coordinating assaults.

You know you want this

I rolled with a group and we were called the sinister 4 then the terrible 3 on the 360. My group ruled AVP. All clans and legends we faced we shamed.
But that was when honor was a thing.

I have always wanted to play this game.
You lucky son of a gun.

was it ever. some of the best class based multiplayer i ever played

Nevermind. Servers are still up on PC, dozens of which are full pretty much all the time

OP, this game didn't just rule. I would argue its the single greatest multiplayer shooter of all time. It nailed asymmetrical gameplay in a way no one has ever been able to replicate. Each race felt unique and appropriate. No one race felt weaker than the others, but each played very differently.
And the modding community was fantastic for the time.
I just wish they would make a modern sequel with all the same gameplay but better graphics.

Primal Hunt further improved and enhanced the already great multi from vanilla AvP 2. Shame the campaign sucked so hard. Bugged mess and disgusting models (some of them luckily).