RIP GAMESTOP

HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is GameStops infamous Pro Day! Look at those prices! Pure scam!

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-02-13/gamestop-slips-below-book-value-as-outlook-for-retailer-worsens
fortune.com/2017/03/24/gamestop-set-to-close-stores/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Epic One Day Event

Imagine trying to sell this junk to customers

How long before GameStop dies? 2 years max?

What the fuck these aren’t even sales, it’s market price lmfao

it won't be going anywhere because Sup Forums buys divegrass and handegg from gamestop, or as the canadians/australians like to say EBgames as if they are different companies, constantly

I was hoping the pro day sale might actually be a sale, because I used a gift card to get the elite pro membership on a whim after Christmas, but this is just disappointing. Guess I'll pick up a switch somewhere else cheaper.

Next gen will probably bury them being way more digital

+Amazon and Best Buy have better deals for online ordering physical

and if you want to go to a irl store and pick it up yourself, its better to just go to Walmart or Target and not deal with some neckbeard faggot shilling pro cards and magazines to sell you opened "new" copies

They became as anti-consumer as possible thinking they had a game monopoly and they are fucked now.

Definitely, we'll hear about a fiscal loss in a few months, then they'll file for bankruptcy a year or two later, or an outside company will purchase them for dirt cheap, either way in the end they'll liquidate all their assets. Get ready for close-out sales, same thing happened to Hastings.

Buy 2 get 1 free on pops figures
What are you high /v?

You seriously buy pop figures?

I haven't bought anything from Gamestop since they stopped selling refurbished ipods.

Those sale prices are probably worse than what's on Amazon right now.

>buy 2 get 1 free preowned but you have to buy an xbone x to use it
That's the worst deal I have ever seen.

console games are de
console games are de

I think it has around 6 maybe 7 years left in it.

BF2 trades in for $30 to BBY if you need a credit mover or small profit with GCU.

You know you could sue Gamestop for this one
Some of those games aren't worth $59 anymore

Actually, its an XBX with pubg, $50 XBL credit and tbe b2g1 for $500. And, in a twist, you can later return the console, unused, netting the b2g1, pubg and xbl credit for nothing.

>19.99 for Doom
Bethesda literally gave this game away for FREE last year. Imagine being a console gamer.

>You know you could sue Gamestop for this one
No you cant you fucking retard. the msrp is a guideline, not a hard set price, they as the retailer can set the price to be whatever they want

wait what
I bought it within the last couple months for $20 (I think November/December of 2017). Did I play myself?

All 3 metro games are on sale for $26 AUD, is it worth picking them up

What does MSRP stand for?

Exactly. Only a fucking idiot would buy that. The only time I ever go to gamestop is if the price on Amazon is the same as discount store price and I want it today. I think I've only gotten 3 games from gamestop in the last 4 years.

Pro membership is a joke. I remember I had to sell back atleast 5+ games just to get enough points for their shitty 20% off anything code. Half the time if you're getting a full price game that shit only sucks up sales tax

rockstop

>$19.99 for Doom VFR, retard. It's a different game, that also just came out, out of all the shitty sales on that list that's probably the best deal
Look more closlier. Just below Doom VR, retard.

Yeah when they beat some milestone on PC sales (more than they expected) they sold it for FREE on Steam for a week and like 2 weeks on the Winjew Store.

I think it was on steam, but still $20 for doom is dirt cheap bro.

Not bad but where are the other pages amigo? I might have to pick up that Xbox one x bundle. Might even get funky pop or two.

Pro pays for itself with the b2g1 during SB though.

Well, it worked out for a little while because I was getting family members to use my card while they were shopping there, so I had 30k points by the middle of january, but now I'm down to 8k after using that to buy (lol) one game.

There are unironically people like this

I envy people like that. Such innocence. Such joy in the world.

What the fuck is SB?

Why do people buy funko pop? They look like shit.

I don't even know, user. They don't even do the cutesy version of shit right. If you want cutesy go for a Nedoroid, if you want authentic go for a figma, it's not that hard.

I feel offended after seeing this shit. FUCK gamestop. They deserve to burn immediately.

Because actual good looking figures cost more than $50 or whatever the fuck those abortions cost.

I don't know. My brother has a Miku Pop figure. I laughed really hard when I saw it. Even McDonald's makes better figures.

People with no taste. Also people with no taste purchasing them as gifts.

Its for people that want a statue of Tracer or Darth Vader or Pickle Rick but either don't want to go around looking/importing for a nice statue and or do not want to pay money.

So they go get a shitty little pop for $12-15 available almost everywhere.

I used to work at a toy store that sold a lot of them. You would have a lot of people (primarily poor people) putting huge quantities on layaway. I'm talking about 10 at a time.

Funnily enough, people that were obvioauly poor or lower class brought the most expensive shit. One guy brought a Darth Vader and Predator helmet which ended up costing more than $1000 for his "man cave"...

These would be good arguments if the people who bought these didn't buy sometimes 10 at a time, and owned dozens if not a few hundred

How did you know they were poor people? Funko pop is for fags, but you worked at a toy store, you are a poor person.

some bullshit about Chase exclusives. they only make a few of a certain figure but its worth a lot to dumb collectors.

we sell so much of that crap, we're 3rd in the district for collectible crap

>TUMBLING DOWN

Thoughts?

bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-02-13/gamestop-slips-below-book-value-as-outlook-for-retailer-worsens

It's a good argument because they're probably the type that want to create a "geek lounge" by displaying all their shitty merch in their room. The only difference is that weeb man caves at least have decent looking figures while a room full of Funko Pop's have rows upon rows of the damned staring at you with their dead eyes.

>Up to 50% off a new xbox one wireless controller
>When you trade your xbox one wireless controller

They seem like normal weekly sales at any other store.
Are there no new big releases in the past few months? Is Sea of Thieves the biggest game out in the next few months? Detective Pikachu is out in March as well.

I'm Australian, so I made decent money working there and they were the Australian equivalent of rednecks and smelt. You can JUST tell.

Also, well off people don't need to constantly put things on layaway.

I was shitting on Nederoids for months because I thought that's what these were lol

I want them to get bought by Amazon so I can use the 10k in credit I have there.

manufacturers suggested retail price

They've actually diversified into anime dolls, shirts, and other nerd shit you fags buy.

my manager believes the company will die in 5 ish years

>that photograph
Did Christopher Dilts take that with a fucking DSi or something? And why the fuck would you willingly stretch such a low res image like that?

But it's still not selling because no one goes to gamestop for that shit. It's too expensive there. But nice try Mr. Bitter Gamestop Employee

>that guy who had to sign a contract with his wife to not buy anymore pop

>Sister is employed by a company they own
I'm so glad her husband is getting her a job at his workplace.

Are Fallout bobbleheads okay?

Am I missing something here?

I don't know, what do they look like?

>anime dolls
>Check out their Figma collection
>OH NO NO NO
>Meanwhile I can get Figma for around $50 online

nintendo is unironically keeping their life support on with the switch, because nintenbros actually buy physical (because the system has fucking 32gig storage)

the only thing I will say if they go under is I won't have a last resort store anymore. whenever walmart, target, and best buy don't have a game and I don't want to wait 5-7 business days for amazon I always go to gamestop and they deliver.

You're not wrong. The Switch was one of the only things that brought their profits up.

I swear they just buy them right off AmiAmi.

I have a basic one from the Fallout 3 CE, it's pretty decent. Now they're covering SPECIAL and perks.

no, you post "RIP Gamestop", when clearout discounts rise up to 90%

nah it's bullshit - there was no giveaways

Which is funny because any Figma collector should know that AA has them for way cheaper. Hell, I have an anime store nearby that sells them for $69-$80, depending on size or rarity.

Put him back in the water RIGHT NOW!

Their decline was already happening a year ago. I can't imagine things are going too much better now.

fortune.com/2017/03/24/gamestop-set-to-close-stores/

Seems inoffensive enough.

the real deal is 30% off used it stacks with my 15% employee discount

They're more than 50% off at Best Buy, but online they're random.

>Used to work at "Zing Pop Culture"; GameStop's store for selling capeshit and other "geeky" stuff
>Absolutely NO security cameras were allowed in stores because they "intimidate" shoppers
>No scanners near the doors either for the same reason
>Figures and other expensive junk was left on display shelves that people could touch because "that's important for customers"
>You'd have to inbox figures or other things for them if they wanted to look
>Had multiple instances where people would steal $200 worth of Yugioh and Pokemon booster packs because they were left on shelves AWAY from the register
>People would steal POPs and other expensive things
>Managers would get blamed for this, despite most shifts have 1 person on at a time

GameStop is a stupid fucking company. Oh and they literately don't have the police arrest shoplifters either. It's a shoplifters paradise.

>That P-Body price

>Australian
>We have EB Games here
>Too cheap to buy 8 hour games for full price
>Buy it from EB
>Finish it
>Take it back for a full cash refund
>Do this with 80% of my games and treat them like a free rental service

Yepperoo! My wife's son loves to play with them almost as much as I do!.

Their cheap nature along with their uniformity and presentable packaging encourages continued purchases and obsessive collecting.

It's fucking 2018 who the hell buys shit from them? I haven't even been in one in 10 years.