Why does Sup Forums like this game so much?

Why does Sup Forums like this game so much?

Good writing interesting gameplay lots of replay value especially because of the mods

Last good western RPG

because its easy and full of soy

because there is very little bad about not to mention it is THE fucking COMFIEST game out there no fuckin lie

Something something writing something fallout 2

>full of soy
this literally means nothing.

>interesting gameplay lots of replay value
once you have played everything once there's no point in replaying seeing the game doesnt change next time around

Who knows? The game was out for years and Sup Forums's reception to it was much the same as the general public's, "Meh". Then suddenly a whole mass of pseudo-intellectual elitists popped up here and those guys love Obsidian because, for some reason, they think Obsidian's games are "Intelligent games for intelligent gamers."

Sup Forums is a contrarian board. They only like new vegas because 3 and 4 were so popular, and they can't stand to like what most people like.

This comment will be blasted by Toddposting but it’s true

For the same reason I like STALKER and KC:D.

The systems in place are rock solid and it's got a fuck load of charm despite being kinda broken in places and sorta ugly.

tpbp

it reminded me of fallout 2, it wasnt afraid of showing the lowlifes of fallout, it had drugs addicts and prostitusion. unlike fallout 3 or 4 where it considered not hurting muh feelings of players

fallout 4 was a shitty normie game. i want to see them play fallout 2 and not spegingn about how hard it is

>it wasnt afraid of showing the lowlifes of fallout, it had drugs addicts and prostitusion. unlike fallout 3 or 4 where it considered not hurting muh feelings of players

What are you talking about? They had drug addicts and prostitutes and cannibals and slavers and all that shit too.

I have a love/hate relationship with this game.
I've only played maybe 10 hours of it and for the most part, not with any mods outside of some QoL (quick trade, for example) and graphic mods.

One thing I like is that the world doesn't care about you. You're literally some guy that just got shot and now you need to work out what happened.
On the other hand, nobody cares about you and I haven't seen anyone so far that genuinely does care - I know the DLC wraps up the store for the Courier but still, the base game so far seems a bit "hey thanks for doing that, go away". And so far, the people in the towns don't seem to really be part of a world, it's more like they're involved in their own plot of land and that's it.

I can definitely see it as a great game if you take into account the individual characters but so far overall, the world feels like it's not connected and it bothers me. I'm still having fun, though.

user, let's talk about some junkies in Fallout 3. You get to shoot Silver in the face and get the caps to give to Mr. Moriarty.
You get to also hire several whores - including the fact Moriarty basically is the one renting her out and she's forced into it.

Hell, Megaton in general is a fucked up place: Hey, I'm Gob, people like to beat me for being a ghoul! And Nova over there? Yeah she's forced into being a prostitute by Moriarty.
Speaking of Moriarty, he likes to keep notes on everyone to blackmail everyone.

Not to mention "hurr durr le religion of le atom bomb". There are like 4 normal fucking people in that town, outside of the kids, Billy, Simms and possibly Moira (depending if you consider it normal she's batshit insane), the town is a fucking cesspit

Fallout 2 was not even close to hard, especially not by the standards of th time.

its good

I've done every mission and every side quest period. At this point it's just an idiotic propensity to be elitist. Boring, clumsy and unable to do what a AAA house does.

That being said, their stories are far more diabolical, horrible and worse. In the fallout universe, that's a win. What classic players are really dying for is an incredible story, and they don't even know it. On that note, there's a book store that doesn't include a kindle in many places.

Easy Pete commanded me to like it, I am bound by his power.

play it and see for yourself

Cause it's a fucking legend

baby's first fallout

You can't do every single quest line on your first playthrough and certain quests like beyond the beef especially benefit from multiple playthroughs.

Sup Forums doesn't like anything.

That would be Fallout 3

Fallout 3 had prostitutes drug addicts and slavery

Neck yourself for being this retarded

Its the same 50 autists just spamming their threads over and over

It's contrarian.