Max Payne 4 written by Sam Lake, when is it gonna happen?

Max Payne 4 written by Sam Lake, when is it gonna happen?

rockshit already gave a well deserved conclusion for Payne. he had too much in all of the games. if anything a prequel to 1 would be rad but i would love to see how sam does next for the series

written by who?

I think the best route for a Max Payne sequel would be a prequel.

It would be a normal Max doing detective work and doming criminals. He would still have his sardonic outlook on life, but he wouldn't be a washed out depressive.

anyone got that gif of sam nodding his head, then looking to the side at us, then doing the max payne face

i hope it doesnt 3 was an alright sendoff and had great gameplay to boot, we dont need another. some things need to end user like your life for instance

LOVE

If memory serves, Max Payne is dead. Sam killed him in Quantum Break in an easter egg.

Sam motherfucking Lake
You're grammer is fucked mate

Your* I screwed myself on that one

Get out.

Don't answer that

A rhetorical question

>rockshit already gave a well deserved conclusion for Payne

>getting mad at the idea of 3 not being the last Max Payne

As much as I love the character of Max, there's not much they can really do with him. All I can really think of is a game that fills the gaps between 1&2, Max slowly coming to grips with killing his wife's murderers, helping out Vlad occasionally, busting various thugs as a detective etc.

I think the best path to take would actually be a spin-off about Mona Sax, but that's probably wishful thinking.

There's nowhere to go with the character and video game audiences have outgrown the trope.

desu id rather have alan wake 2 or another quantum break

Right now.

Max Payne 3 was so fucking good. Can't wait for the 4th game. 1 and 2 were okay.

He would just be a regular detective/beat cop. All of his pain and desire for vengeance comes from the events of the first game and the fate of his wife. I think a prequel would be interesting but it wouldn't be the same Max we know and love. It would be a proto version with a glimmer of light still in him.

he had a hard life, hes fuckin retired now, fuck off

never, he sold the franchise to rockstar so they could rape it for a few shekels

MP3 was excellent.

Never you fucking retard. MP2 ended perfectly.

>Godfather IV, written by Francis Ford Coppola
This is how you sound.

Those people are working on different projects now. They moved on a long time ago. Why can't you?

I hope not. Remedy sucks now.

Rockstar wouldn't be able to make a single-player story-driven narrative action game without trying to push some shitty unwanted multiplayer cash-shop bullshit in it, so it's better off dead.

Quantum Break is shit. Where is Alan Wake 2? Screw Pwhateverthefuck.

Where have you retards been for the last decade? Remedy is garbage now, Max Payne 3 is a million times better than anything Remedy could've done, even if they got a million years to work on it like Alan Wake

I want Sam Lake to write it, and Rockstar to design the gameplay (with Lake having overall creative design and final say). So a collaboration between the 2 devs would probably be best, even though it will never happen

based user

>MP3 was an alcoholic coma

Retcon 3
Mona Sax lives

ITS PAYNE

MP3 has incredible gameplay, but the writing is just shit. What is it with every fucking post GTA4 rockstar game having the same style of writing and the same badly directed cutscenes?

>tfw no Gran Torino style goodbye to Max Payne's character

Payne has nothing to die for.

He also has nothing to live for

Sure, but in Gran Torino Clint dies for people he cares for, Payne doesn't have that so its not a possible ending for him

I'm sure if there was a 4th game there would be a girl introduced and Max would go out saving her life and actually succeeding, instead of failing like he does in all 3 games.

3 was already superfluous and pointless to the plot because 2 concluded it already. Don't act like a fourth game would somehow ruin anything when that's exactly what 3 did in the first place.

Max Payne 4 STARRING Sam Lake, now.

Max's story already ended, leave the poor guy alone, while I think that Max Payne 2 tied up everything, I still like Max Payne 3 because that overly dramatic depressed arc that we didn't fully see in MP2.

Just remaster MP1 and MP2 and we are good.

>I still like Max Payne 3 because that overly dramatic depressed arc that we didn't fully see in MP2.
Yeah I'm not sure I would have been satisfied if I hadn't gotten to experience the terrible writing and story of 3.

Max Payne 3 ended in such way we don't really need another game. Why would you want another Halo 4,5,6... in Max Payne universe.

3 wasn't an alright sendoff it was out of character as fuck and showed how little cockstar understood Maxes character.