Why did they put the pedophile symbol in this game?

Why did they put the pedophile symbol in this game?

funi scream

>Rated E
Bullshit, this game was super violent

>the pedophile symbol
The what?

why did kill bill drive into a tree

it was a different time

Those are two different symbols.

It was like a new Sleepy cabin

whatever you say...

That genuinely blew my mind when Niall pointed that out. And the game did seem to make the boys ass very clear to see.

Still got my copy. Shit came with 3D glasses.

Whatever, pedo. The fact that you know about the symbol is quite telling.

Swear the ending theme sounded a bit like Back to the Future at one point.

We have a symbol?
I mean... they have a symbol?

Weirdly enough, I was at the hospital just a few days ago as my niece was newborn.

Sitting in the maternity ward, I noticed the leather seat I was on was covered in this symbol as well as a simbol that look like sticks crossed to make a triangle.

Is OP one of those braindead pizzagate kool-aid drinkers who unironically watches infowars?

t. John podesta

This game was hard as fuck and definitely very unsettling for my young self.

It was quite fun
And all the unique death animations were quite memorable

That's a Chahi game for ya, things were hard as balls.

Can only wonder what would happen if someone tried to do a game like that in this day and age. Probably get harassed left and right by overreactive cunts who think it was some kind of kiddie snuff simulator just because of how creative each death animation was.

It was such a cool game. Why did so few people play when I came out? I always wanted to talk to people about cool green rock powers but never got a chance.

This another secret oni plays thread?

>Why did so few people play when I came out? I always wanted to talk to people about cool green rock powers but never got a chance.
id talk but i never got that far ;-;

Because everyone just pirated PS1 games

Yes, but I don't recall actual blood being shown. It's amazing how much you can get away with, or at least used to, with no blood and gore.

Well it was released the same year as Half Life, that probably stole a lot of thunder given how earthshaking the game was for the industry.

>Hey user! Come over to my house and we'll stay up all night playing video games
>That sounds great!
>I got this new game called Heart of Darkness!
>I can't wait!

We never got past that first canyon area after you got your gun stolen and I had nightmares.

Nigga, ESRB had only been around for maybe 4 years by that point, and was still very crude and unrefined in its criteria for rating most games. Hell, back then, they only reviewed portions of the content to judge and pass a rating.

>Hell, back then, they only reviewed portions of the content to judge and pass a rating.
Explains the rape scene at the end.

>gayboys replaced by Zach and Cory

Can this stay permanently?

So Zach and Chris are friends again?

There was no rape.

joke
_______

you're head

>muh shitty jokes
Whatever, autismo

Thanks user
But back then people never really hid the fact that they pirated games. If anything more people should have at least got a chance to try it. Was it not the best feeling ever getting conned by your neighbour who had a list full of games?
You know what if that's the reason I can almost understand.

The developer studio is called "amazing studio." Nothing on wikipedia.

That and it is something a niche title. Before Ueda came along the Team Ico games, Chahi was the one doing these minimalist titles that appealed to a certain crowd.

Apparently they're a french company, and literally the only game they made is that one. I doubt the triangle swirl has anything to do with pedophilia.

I guess Spielberg being the producer is just a coincidence too

>Heart of Darkness
>minimalist
Excuse me?

It was.

It had an insane budget and production values

Minimalist has nothing to do with the budget you dork.

That's some serious brain damage you have there, son

Not to mention that one cutscene where the tribal dude showed the kid a drawing of a chick with her titties out

I played this game with my whole family watching. Beat it too, it was fun but creepy.

you dont need a high budget to make something minimalist

I remember when I was a little kid I saw a commercial for this and it said “over 5 years in the making...” in the ad and my young self thought that a game HAD to be good if they were making it that long. So I got it for my birthday. Not what I expected but still really fun, and hard as balls

I don't really understand how it could've taken six years

Do you even fucking know what minimalist design is or are you just being stupid? I never said it had a thing to do with the budget. The game was minimalist in its design as was Chahi's other games like Another World. The guy was the one that inspired Ueda to do things like no HUD and leaving the stories open-ended.

Are you serious?
Like, genuinely serious?

>Heart of Darkness suffered a protracted development cycle marked by numerous delays and changes in platform. Development began in 1992, with the PC as the lead platform. The game was not publicly unveiled until the March 1995 European Computer Trade Show, at which time the developers said it was near completion. A version for the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer was announced, but the game spent so long in development that by the time it was finished, the 3DO (which was not even launched until a year after development on the game began) was no longer commercially viable. In 1996 Sega signed a deal for the console version to be a Sega Saturn exclusive, with the PC version to be held off until after the Saturn version was released. A release date of October 1996 was announced with the Saturn version, but as this date approached the publisher announced that the game would not be ready until late 1997. With further delays, the Saturn was also no longer a commercially viable platform by the time Heart of Darkness was finished. The game's cutscenes were rendered using 3D Studio. According to Éric Chahi, the team did consider using Silicon Graphics workstations, but found that the improvement over 3D Studio was not enough to justify the expense of the workstations or having to restart the work on the cutscenes. Chahi and Chris Delaporte created the game's textures themselves rather than using the 3D Studio texture library. The game was released with a pair of red/blue 3D glasses, allowing players to watch a 3D FMV sequence at the end of the game. Despite the game featuring gruesome character deaths, the game received the lowest age ratings in its initial releases in North America and Europe, although some later editions received an increased rating.

Yes, the game mechanics are simple enough

Oh

Doesn't mean that the game had to have been made all that quickly.

I see no pedobear on that cover.

This game has tons of insanely high quality animations, especially for the time.
You don't know anything about videogames

>something as ambiguous as a sprialed triangle is a "pedophile" symbol
The fuck?

reminder, Sup Forums this guys is the real deal, and the which hunt is only starting.

Ok

You can't use logic with conspiritards.

That picture is from FBI's site though. It's just silly that every thing with a spiral or triangle gets connected to it now