This is the ugliest console ever released

This is the ugliest console ever released.
How did people buy the DS before the DS Lite?

>he cares more about the graphics of the fucking device itself than its ability to play games
Sup Forums, everybody

he's talking about the console design not the graphics dipshit.

The touchscreen was novelty enough to ignore how ugly it was, I suppose.

It.cane out before the DS lite

>How did people buy the DS before the DS Lite?
Because the DS Lite came out 2 years later? Retard

>the graphics of the fucking device itself

What are you talking about? Other than the backlight being a bit shitty on it, phat is the GOAT handheld.

Ugliest but most comfortable dpad of any DS

>Advance cartridges jut out of the DS Lite's slot
Who thought this was OK?

all early 2000s design was ugly and blocky, with either metallic colors or cheap gradients

No shit. Great job knowing basic fucking facts. How does that apply IN ANY WAY to how people brought themselves to purchase the DS during that two year period?

bro, you gotta understand something

it was touch fucking screen and had super mario 64. do you hear me? it had portable mario 64 in the mid fucking 200s. let that sink in

Because it was the only option available, retard

Are you autistic?

New Nintendo handheld, on top of there being no alternatives. If you put the DS Phat and Lite side by side, I guarantee nobody would prefer the Phat

That's not how it works you little shit.

I've always liked this aesthetic.

It had a touch screen, and Mario kart ds. It couldve had thumbtacks coming out of it and it still wouldve sold.

1. it's not a console
2. virtual boy is uglier

this thread is getting a bit out of hand, lets continue on pictochat

Nah, the GBA SP was great design, but then the DS phat was a MASSIVE step down, but then they got back up to speed with the DS Lite

this came out before the ipod touch didnt it? i remember this shit being so mind bggling to me

>Be 2004
>Nintendo releases Mobile gaming device that looks like gameboy
>HOLD UP FUCKER TWO SCREENS
>CAN PLAY GAMEBOY ADVANCE GAMES TOO
>CAN CHAT WITH THE BOYS ABOUT SLAYING COOCH
>TOUCH SCREEN TO DRAW BIG TITTIES
>STYLUS AS LONG AS YOUR PRETEEN PECKER

2004 wasn't pretty, but it was innovative.

>tfw pawned my DS off to a friend for good $$ to upgrade to the DS lite

Felt fucking good

t. jew

I remember I didn't find it so amazing because the bank near me had touchscreen ATMs so I was used to touchscreen existence already

it's an ugly blocky metallic clamshell, it reminds me of the gimmick feature phones from that era
it's not comfortable to use either. portable at least

graphics never refer to the console design you fucking triple retard

based ESL poster

because nobody though there would be a lite version of it or if it would be possible

touch screen, i could play metroid fusion and it was only like 150? i remember when someone at school introduced "games n music" to me and i thought it was the greatest thing since bread

It was fucking fun

>Gameboy cartridges jut out of the GBA slot
Who thought this was ok?

Could it be they bought it for the games, rather than its looks?
My only problems with the original were the blurry screens and shitty battery life.
I got a Lite back then and it's nowhere near as comfortable to hold, not to mention all the buttons felt too soft. But damn the games looked good.