Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong with Doki Doki Literature Club?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong with Doki Doki Literature Club?

Weeb faggotry.

It was a complete success?

>what went wrong
Sayori's route ends on a cliff hanger

wasnt scary after the whole metanarrative thing

With the game itself? It was fine. As always though, autistic fans wank it like the second coming of Christ. They claim it's groundbreaking when shit like this has been done before. What should have been a mediocre mindfuck is now meme garbage.

Being a regular, seemingly unironic dating sim for the first three hours

Why is she so perfect?

>Hidden
>massive, impossible to miss disturbing content warning as soon as you start the game

It didnt go the digital devil story route

Just go to /ddlc/ to see why.
Look at how many posts are unabashed waifufagging it's almost all of them and how many talk about the horror aspect of the game it's almost none of them. The characters were all written with the express purpose of being flat one-dimensional cutouts in Act 1 (except arguably Sayori because she gets fucked with the fastest and actually gets pretty real with her depiction of depression) but people like /ddlc/ fall for them anyway and then basically ignore anything Act 2 or beyond.
The game itself was executed well for what it is, but it suffers from limited opportunity to enjoy it at its fullest. You have to go in blind or mostly blind, and at this point because it went mainstream it's near-impossible for anyone to do that. But if it wasn't mainstream it'd still be hard for the right kind of person to find it, since they'd have to be into the type of trashy visual novel it pretends to be for the first act and not drop it after 20 minutes when you realize all the characters are clichés. You kind of need to know ahead of time "something's not right about this game" so you don't just drop it early but that takes away some of the fun of discovering that, in fact, something's not right about this game.

>all the ass pics are of the girl who committed suicide

In defense, they only added that in later patches because Salvato got cold feet about scaring people who are too pussy for the game.

>no butt pics of the cutie yandere pixie

i agree it isnt groundbreaking but the difference is its ease of access to normies.
It helps that its free.

>Monika’s father

I have never played this game, nor researched it in anyway, but I presume the pink haired girl is best girl?

It got too popular

Yeah, she's great to hang around.

I think he's talking about natsuki.
her story has quite the twist.

Nah, her route is way too malnourished

the best part was the depiction of depression and suicide and then it became generic creepypasta REALISTIC BLEEDING EYES shit

Overpriced weeb memeshit

i fucking hate you user

That it basically serves as a teaser for a project the dev is working on. It also contradicts itself.
>I killed those girls by erasing their data, proving that they're fake
>Except me, Monica. I'm totally real
>Except you can also delete my data
>But even then I'm real because you're supposed to sympathize with me
>JUST MONICA :^)

Cause she is not.

but its free

>what went wrong with this post
A lack of originality and it reeks of begging for (you)s

Nothing, it was the best VN of 2017.

I dont think she ever claims to be real, just aware

Monika didn't have a route

this

only that weebs didn't get the point and unironically create mods to date all the waifus sincerely

otherwise it was a free game that took two hours with decent production that gave the creator a shit ton of publicity, so complete success

I worded it wrong, I mean that the game still wants you to think she is real because she still remains after you delete her data because why?

>hair intakes
into the trash it goes!

time is money

>overpriced
>free
??????

OH MAN THIS GAME IS LIKE SO ORIGINAL YOUR IT STARTS OFF AS THIS CUTE GIRL GAME AND GET THIS IT TURNS OUT TO BE A NOT CUTE GIRL GAME WITH BLOOD AND BLEEDING STOP THE PRESSES

Why is Yuri such a bad girl?

No harem ending for the single video game where a harem ending would be appropriate.

>Why is Yuri such a bad character?
Fixed that for you

The girls weren't fat

>Harem ending
Disgusting

This. The game should have had a route where MC-Kun becomes the club president and erases Monika and Sayori's awarness and he himself becomes aware that you've been guiding his actions directly, but "takes over" by having fun times with everybody, even knowing that you were the only "Real" person here.

maybe because she was editing the game parts of her always exist, which could be why you were still able to talk to her after deleting her

Kek, yes she did. All the routes are hers because it's all about Monika.

Even Monika wanted that. She will literally only be happy if she's aware you went through save states in an attempt to make every single girl as happy as physically possible in a single playthrough. A harem ending in DDLC is literally the best for each girl, not just faggot MC self-insert cucks.

Threadly reminder that Natsuki = Sayori > Monika >>> Yuri

> Yuri >>> Monika > Natsuki = Sayori
FTFY

>Monika
FTFY

>
FTFY

> Monika >>>>>>> Natsuki >>> Yuri > Sayori
FTFY

The entire game is Monika's route.

This pic is really hot and makes me want to go there and hug her

I like reading such well constructed posts, it's pleasing when anons can formulate their ideas so clearly.
Idk, it's really autistic but I love reading posts like this.

>Just noticed the cuts
wew

Good taste, my man.

>not "underdeveloped"
user...

It's a great game and gave me a new waifu in Sayori, nothing went wrong

It got too popular so I don't like it anymore

I agree with this point. They aren't supposed to be compelling characters, the whole premise is that are all generic examples of girl characters you see in a generic visual novel.

It went viral , and the discussion around it went to shit because normalfags ruin everything.

Game is okay. I'm not gonna pretend the autists ruined it for me.

I like you user.

I'm with you, user. I'm not going to say it's not autistic, but I am with you.