Let's have a Grim Dawn thread. New update was released recently. How's your build going?

Let's have a Grim Dawn thread. New update was released recently. How's your build going?

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/aZqG6yv2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Diablo type games are just a fancy cookie clicker.

I just can't get into this game. After the first area I lose interest in the story and it's all brown and grey boring levels. Class mixing is a fun idea and it's not too painful to respec your dude but you really only use one ability anyway, maybe some buffs now and then.

>want to do retaliation build
>early game retaliation is so dogshit I just have to go pure soldier and respec later after farming for adequate gear
Did the new update finally add the new dungeon? I've been wanting to start up a new character, wanted to try maxxing the fuck out of mortar trap.

i do okay but when it gets to the super bosses the fuckers just stomp me

fucking avatar of mogdrogan
fucking really final form of john bourbon
fucking lifesucking cockroach

pretty sure superbosses like mogdrogan are literally designed so that you need a specific build to beat them. They really don't give that great of gear to begin with, it's just for bragging rights.

>want to play a warhammer witch hunter
>can't even go sword & pistol
>eh okay
>still enjoy it up until the lizard cave water purifying thing
>realize the entire game is going to be a minimally story maximally cookie clicker combat against hordes of very weak enemies and some insanely hard bosses

every game is just cookie clicker with autism

>>realize the entire game is going to be a minimally story maximally cookie clicker combat against hordes of very weak enemies and some insanely hard bosses
Whoa, so, like every game in that genre

It's pretty gay how many depictions show sword + gun but you can't use that combo with any class period. Hopefully a new class in the future can have something like that.
Witch Hunter is really good though, trust me. I'm not really good at making builds in this game but one of my best is a 2h witch hunter. I don't know a lot about warhammer but 2handing a giant vitality-sucking axe sounds pretty warhammer.
Story earlygame is pretty dogshit, honestly act 1 is my least favorite part of the game. Story really isn't great but it's serviceable, especially for a goddamn diablo clone. Expansion actually had some pretty cool story stuff in it.

you'll get to see some neat scenery along the way
tho. and most bosses aren't that ass-fucky, but the hidden optional ones sure can be.

Honestly nothing in main game normal or veteran is very hard if have even a slight clue to what you are doing. I remember my first build being only to just barely beat the last boss and couldn't even make it to malmouth because I fucked it's stats so hard, I remade the character 150 hours of experience later on veteran instead of normal and raped the game senseless.
Ultimate is where the real meat and potatoes is.

Update notes?

Ok

Game is unironically shit.
I'm not even a PoEfag (haven't played that in literal years, since back when Piety was the final boss) but at least that game had some degree of difficulty.
Grim Dawn on the other hand is pure casual garbage.
>Go to the forum
>Make an enormous post on difficulty and why Grim Dawn is too easy
>Casuals try to tell me that I only find it easy because I'm a "veteran"
>Tell them I've probably played the game for a fraction of the time most of them have
So then, I decide to hold off on buying the game when the expansion gets released.
I hold off specifically to see if they start nerfing enemies and bosses.
Lo and behold, the very first patch butchers a bunch of enemies stats.
Next patch after that? Butchers more enemies stats.
Play Grim Dawn if you're a shitter who just wants to brainlessly steamroll through the game with 0 thought or effort.

Anything interesting in the update?

Were probably telling you that you were playing on veteran, not that you were a veteran. Normal/Veteran you are correct, it's fucking braindead easy and kind of a problem since it's most peoples first experience with the game. You don't have to worry about your stats at all until lategame elite, and your actual endgame gear until around midgame ultimate. However I really highly doubt you were able to solo gladiator crucible 150-170, which I'm pretty sure is where the nerfs happened. Yea, it's one of those "game doesnt start until ng+" kinda games.

>How is your build going
Better than expected, but I hit the unevitable wall in Elite AoM content.
At least its been smooth sailing up to this point, but I guess it doesnt work after all.
>grimtools.com/calc/aZqG6yv2

Your build confuses me. What are you trying to go for here, aether DK melee, some twisted pet build involving war cry, or vit/aether caster?

I'm going for a tanky DK with vit dmg and pets who deal vit dmg.
Tanking is pretty easy, warcry taunts the entire screen. But every tiny puddle of blood or whatever kills skelis in seconds and AoM is filled with that shit.

New dungeon and lot of item changes.

Yea at this point you are going to need tankier skells in general to survive, since you can't really tank aoe. In terms of devotions I think you got too much self-damage and not enough spec into pet damage and resistances. Try taking off both revenant and dying god, finish ulo, rush tree of life (could also take the two optional ones if you wish), get empty throne, get typhos, put 3 points into toad. Take off siphon souls, take off bone harvest, start putting more points into shield training, overguard, hit 40 and grab break morale, leave veterancy and blitz at 1, put some points into scars of battle if you need the stun resist, couple points into menhir's will, and max military conditioning. That's what I think you should try at least. I've never tried anything like that before.

AoM is brutal to pets, skellies in particular. They need proper resists and stats to survive.

Get fucked Lokarr.
Finally.