JUST

JUST

>be Japanese company
>release day 1 patch to remove Japanese language option
JUST

They really fucked up. Hopefully they pull their head out of their asses and figure out a way to fix it.
They can make good games. Just not this one apparently.

I do like the modifier system more than having to press x.x.x.y for a launcher. And being able to apply gems to moves, rather than the weapon overall. Interesting idea.

give me a quick rundown on this

>another victim of the open-world meme

They released a patch that remove the Chinese and Japanese from the game

shit pc port of a shit game

so they can sell it back later or because of contract issues with the voice over cast?

Is it just text? The store page still lists Japanese voices

Badly optimized, pissed off east asia with their incompetence, fell for the open world meme, gutting weapon types for "realism"

the open world in this game isnt the problem faghole

This game makes me miss samurai warriors.

Large tracks of fucking nothing taking time from the genocide is good? Hunting adds no value either.

Sweet! That means it'll be really cheap on G2A soon. I have wanted an open world DW for ages

Be careful what you wish for.

Spirit of Sanada is pretty dope, I hope 5 will be as well. They should just stick to what they do best imo.

I like the idea of being able to dominate areas in a DW game. Having that shit in 'levels' was always weirdly artificial.

>omg why cant i instantly do everything instantly and transport everywhere instantly
typical skyrim bab

Why the fuck would you want breaks from action in a musou?

You get those every time you have to run back through a map anyway. Come on, now.

So you're saying the open world didn't add anything?

its an ancient china waring times simulator, not an indie platformer built for speed run e-sports, try using your brain

I don't know, yet. I haven't played it. But I want the open world for the chance to slowly conquer the map and see that progression more easily than levels.

This is a strange hill you're choosing to die on for purely ironic reasons.

How does the game deal with engaging a player with large battles that happen as time goes on in an open world game? Poorly, I'm guessing.

It's just as shitty as it was on consoles. NEXT GAME!

>Jim Fuckin' Sterlin, son was right all along
>Sup Forums were just in denial

>Simulator
>Musou
Want to know how I know you're a retard?

4 was ok but miles ahead of this game.

>musou
>hack and slash
AHAHAHAHA

SHIT GAME, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN
We're already done laughing at this shitty trainwreck, now it's MGSurvive's turn.

Christ, TK pc ports are shit in general.
Pirated Spirit of Sanada and the camera and framerate is awful. Did the same with DW8E and the game doesn't even register controllers well.
Fuck this company

On top of the PC port being bad, the game seems to be a genuine turd.
One of the issues i've seen is that the battles that are supposed to be big and epic suffer the Bethesda syndrome: they are composed of 5 soldiers on each side.

where did they go so wrong?

Making 9 of these shitty turds. Hurr durr asian garbage spam square. Gr8 game, japs. You really outdid Call of Duty in garbage fires.

>getting bitter and angry at Musou games
for what purpose?

Because you people are dumb enough to like something that is objectively bad.
Are you so contrarian that you'll eat a pile of dog shit off the sidewalk if somebody tells you not to?

Not at Musou games in general, they are great, just at DW9 specifically.

>Musou
>Simulator
Retard

Don't kid yourself, they're all trash.

>Implying

salty faggit go back to Sup Forums

I like Musou games in general and that's the reason why i dislike DW9 for not being a Musou game.

What went wrong

Based
Chinks are sub-human

I watched Jim Sterling's videos and realized it's not even a musou game. It's an early access Unity asset flip with a season pass.

Having fun with the PS4 version. Still not too fond of the new battle system, but I've gotten used to it. Unless you rush directly to each area's boss there's plenty of peons to kill during battles on Chaos difficulty, I usually finish a chapter with over 4,000 KOs and broke 10k on one chapter of SSX's story.

Playing Lingqi's story now. Sucks she has the sword&board now (doesn't even get her own personalized ultimate weapon, Xing Cai's green and gold color motif clashes with Lingqi's white and black) but the moveset is leagues better than it has ever been at least. Lu Bu actually worrying about her safety is cute too.

what the fuck were they thinking with dynasty warriors 9

I sure hope no drooling retard jumps off the nearest cliff, oh no, that'd be awful!

Guess you better go find that cliff now, huh? you contrarian fuck.

so Dynasty Warriors 8 is still the best one?

NO U

Well that's not exactly what you're gonna get. Basically, think of how a map in previous musou games was set up. You had smaller outposts, camps, strongholds, etc spread across a map where the action was focused but in between you still had plenty of enemy groups interspersed between them all, sometimes including enemy captains and generals among them, basically guaranteeing there was always something to fight as you progressed through a map (until you would decide to backtrack after cleaning out an area or something, of course). Now imagine that except you ONLY encounter enemies in those encampments, outposts, strongholds, etc and they are all spread literal miles apart from one another. Fights are also an absolute joke, (you can spam Lu Bu to death at Hu Loa Gate on the highest difficulty with no trouble whatsoever, even though the series has always made it a point to make him as difficult as possible on what is meant to be your first encounter with him and you're meant to leave him alone), all of the places where battles actually occur are tiny and the grappling hook means you can just climb the wall, head straight for the primary officer, and kill them in seconds, resulting in the rest of the enemies fleeing, giving you even less to fight. Then you have to trek several empty (and I mean completely devoid of ANY NPC armies whatsoever) miles to find your next target and there is fucking nothing to do in between. The rest of your allied army doesn't even travel with you giving you no sense of this being an actual war and you're just more of a one-man-army than the series has already made you.

I understand what you're getting at and the idea of playing out a long drawn out war in a realistic interpretation of the space but it just doesn't pan out in DW, nor do I think the formula can ever actually allow for it to. Just trust me when I say this but you're not gonna get what you want from this and it's all just an obvious cash grab.

That's not DW8XL

How's the sale?

Hopefully no fucking idiots bought such an obvious piece of shit. When reviews and youtube critics are saying it's this bad then it's a big red flag that the game is objective shit.

>game has legitimate problems
>the reason for 90% of the negative reviews are angry Chinese roaches spamming about their language getting removed for 2 days because it was broken on release

Stop it, you're making me want to buy it out of spite

Well, fuck. That sucks. What sucks even more is that i'm gonna have to get it anyway, to check this out.

>buying an objective piece of crap
Brain damage, huh? Poor guy.

When will devs finally give up on the open world meme?

does Guo Jia get cancer in this one

when BOTW flopped in parallel universe

You get it if you play this game.

Resetting my DW8UE savefile worked just fine for me.

I wonder if they'll get it right with Empies edition.

Pretty hard to fix this turd

Never did any other time. Why would they learn how to make a good game now?

Fuck off. Empires spin-offs were the best part of DW.

Best part of a steaming piece of turd, wow!!! Still stinks like crap.

I only play Empires editions. Seems to work out better for me.

I guess you could say a it's a pretty nasty game

I didn't ask for your opinion, pleb. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to enjoy Dynasty Warriors, but you shouldn't showcase your stupidity to everyone like that.

>need a high IQ for konami-tier asset flips

DW8 Empires was garbage though.

>you have to have a very high IQ to enjoy Dynasty Warriors
This, Dynasty Warriors is the Rick and Morty of video games.

SW4:E made for it. Just have to make a conscious decision not to spam hyper attacks all the time.

Without a solid grasp of chinese history most of the story and gameplay nuances will go over a typical player’s head. As a consequence people who dislike Dynasty Warriors truly ARE idiots, and this can't be debated.

No, it isn't. Musou are avant garde anti-games. It's that same arthouse flick you've seen a million times with different editing.

>"we want the breath of the wild audience"

They forgot how the only open-world game the BOTW fags white knight is BOTW itself

testing

Deep knowledge of Chinese history, philosophy and ancient warfare is mandatory to understand Dynasty Warriors.

You're only outing yourself as someone who doesn't "get it".

The game is just an absolute mess. The open world system doesn't work at all.

t. read the blurb of The Art of War

Dynasty Warriors are always shitty messes though. Lol.

And before you ask: YES,this is a tattoo of Lu Bu,and no, you can't see it

>Because you don't give a fuck about Chinese history you are an idiot
Not even that guy, and I like Musous, but this is top grade ignorance. Don't try to project your chink history lessons onto my vidya.

>Steam
Fuck off shill
>Paying for literally nothing in return
Why?

>History
>guy who literally creates whirlwinds with a spear

Remember that time the pilgrims on the mayflower fought a kraken, and only beat it by the power of prayer, and God opened the clouds and killed it with lightning? Or when Henry VIII bodyslammed the Spanish king so hard the earth cracked and created portugal?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to enjoy Dynasty Warriors. The plot is extremely complex, and without a solid grasp of chinese history of the period most of the story and gameplay nuances will go over a typical gamer’s head. There’s also Liu Bei’s BENEVOLENCE, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Han way of life, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these scenes, to realise that they’re not just funny - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the deeper meaning in Cao Cao’s existential catchphrase “Do not pursue Lu Bu” which itself is a cryptic reference to formidable strength of the mighty Dong Zhuo's servant. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kou Shibusawa’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens or PC monitors. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Guan Yu tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

It's not like you get anything of any worth in return when you buy a Dynasty Warriors, HAHA.

Yes?
Do you not read the blurb before you read the book?

You dumb nigger. Take it from someone who has played all the mainline DW games and many other great open world games. DW9 is an absolute runny turd and its open world is half the problem. It adds literally nothing other than artificial filler. Terrible tacked on hunting/gathering/crafting system that is a complete bore. Literally added Farcry towers for no reason other than to check off a list.

The combat feels slightly better but it means nothing when you have to trek miles to get to the action for 2 minutes at a time.

I'm a big fan of DW all the way from the PS2 days but this game is so bad it's the only game I've ever refunded on steam.

Spoilers, nigger. True /fitlit/ patricians like myself judge a book by its cover. Good artwork? Good book.

>Remember that time the pilgrims on the mayflower fought a kraken, and only beat it by the power of prayer, and God opened the clouds and killed it with lightning? Or when Henry VIII bodyslammed the Spanish king so hard the earth cracked and created portugal?
Don't give indie devs any ideas, user.

Not really. Almost every game in the series has been solid, up until now.

>It adds literally nothing other than artificial filler.
>Terrible tacked on hunting/gathering/crafting system that is a complete bore.
>Literally added Farcry towers for no reason other than to check off a list.

You make it sound like BotW

Why not? They obviously don't have any of their own.

#FuckKoei
boycotting these pieces of shit forever, literally fucking EA and konami tier

9 is literally a bigger blunder than Battleborn, No Man's Sky and Fallout 4 COMBINED.

>Sup Forums is so disgustingly contrarian that it will defend even fucking DW9, the objectively worst game in the entire musou genre
If you're defending this game, you have shit taste for videogames and should not be on this board