ITT characters who were too good for the games they were in. I'll start

ITT characters who were too good for the games they were in. I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5b2fdeaeX40
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Y8orfqvxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blackwall and Solace too

The entire cast of Mass Effect 3.

>Dwarf
>Shaved Beard.

Even Beef McHardcheese?

morrigan from Dragon age

Some characters were so fucked with in the name of pandering and the old returning ones were too flanderized they were almost parodies of their old selves.

Is the good character behind the backstabbing cunt?

>mfw I helped Broche save the princess instead of her

>beards
>good
bad taste

He was great. Him, Javik and EDI were the only good squad members.

I think that was the point of his character

>implying Origins wasn't great

Maybe you meant 3 though.

it is great but it felt rushed. always felt I needed more time with that party. like a sequel with the same group but a new world and goal. similar to BG

This is what Dragon Age 2 should have been.

>characters who were too good for the games they were in.
L I T E R A L L Y

I called him Jersey Shore the whole time, he was straight up one of the best characters just on terms of being an absolute bro.

Both of those fags were insufferable traitors.
Varric is literally the only DAI ally that wasn't some combination of fucking degenerate scum or extremely annoying.

he's a not-dwarfy dwarf

BOMB KING from Paladins
Also pretty much every character in Gigantic.

If only he wasn't confined to something so shitty as League.

That's not Flemeth

Didn't varric write smute? That's degenerate as fuck you retard.
Solace was a faggot.
user did you hear, cards unbound is being deleted

Came here to say this. Hell, a lot of League and other MOBA characters are like this.

Varric did a lot of things, but I don't think making shit tons of money by writing literature is degenerate. Being a degenerate would be if he wrote smut just for himself, but his romance novels are one of the best selling books in the regions. He also writes detective novels and other stuff. He's just a writer.

I agree. Hated DA2 and DAI.

Varric is like the poster boy for that. The best character Bioware has made in years if not a decade.

oh yeah he wrote an embarrassingly bad romance series, about on par with child murder, treachery, thievery, slave advocacy, and Iron Bull talking about how he's going to ream Dorian.

That's disgusting

>these things are more degenerate so this thing isn't degenerate
neck yourself
Sure it's not queer

>Having a job that hurts no one and makes people happy while also making an income is degenerate now
Ok.

He looks like some overdesigned clunky mess like most of League characters.

This design is awesome, what's this from?

Give a listen to his voice lines and the music of the champion (Like when he assembles his sniper). For lack of a better word it's pretty "cool"

youtube.com/watch?v=5b2fdeaeX40

Here's a better example desu youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Y8orfqvxg

Varric is a try hard bro hard faggot with shit dps and no beard.
I loved killing Hawke, instead of a literal who grey warden, because he's a fag and to make Varric sad.
My game must've borked itself because he never mentioned it lel.

>This is what autism looks like

Admit it, she was the """"""antagonist"""""" in the whole turd that is the dragon age series. Maybe even the best character all around, despite going full retard because the plot demands it.

I've played through Dragon Age Origins, including all DLCs, last week for the forst time and finished Dragon Age 2, including all story DLCs, today for the first time.
Even if the problems are obvious (copy & paste level design), I like DA2 way more than Origins. Outside of Morrigane and Orgrehn I didn't gave a fuck about any of my companions in Origins, the story bored me and I didn't even liked the gameplay (and I played all the Drakensang games) because it's clunky as fuck and my companions doesn't react half of the time, also it's still, 9 years after his release, buggy. Still a very good game in some aspects.
Then I played DA2 and felt in love with the combat system. It's not in the slightest simplified, it's fast but you don't win a bigger fight without tactic and the wheel, then the storyline where you aren't the "special someone" and just some refugee no one takes seriously in the first 20 hours and you must actually built yourself a name and if you don't play a mage you are only in it at the end because your friends and your sister are mages. I also cared more for every party member than I did with everyone in Origins (outside of Morrigane), I had a hard time playing evil which wasn't a problem for me at all in Origins.
Also the classes are better. The rogue was useless as shit in Origins without a bow, here he is almost equal to the warrior with dual wield swords and playing a mage was way more fun, they aren't useless as soon as an enemy is right in front of them, here they use their stick as a combat weapon.

All in all in my opinion DA2, despite all his ovious problems, is a better and way more polished game.

Neither of the """Antagonists""" were good characters. They were both extremists with no characterization.

A good chunk of the heisters in Payday 2.

Right, ancient evil in all of bioware games is a lot better

Then I played DA2 and felt in love with the combat system. It's not in the slightest simplified, it's fast but you don't win a bigger fight without tactic and the wheel, then the storyline where you aren't the "special someone" and just some refugee no one takes seriously in the first 20 hours and you must actually built yourself a name and if you don't play a mage you are only in it at the end because your friends and your sister are mages.
>DA2 combat
>Not simplified
>Tactics
Dude, enemies literally just spawn places. They're not even invisible, in DA:O sometimes Rogue enemies would uncloak and attack you during combat, and it forced you to pause the game and re-plan quickly, in DA:2 every single enemy just spawns in a wave format. In Dragon Age: Origins playing on Nightmare difficulty was the most rewarding, friendly fire was on but it did the same damage to your allies as it did to your enemies. DA:2 Nightmare increased the damage your allies took by an insane number, you could one shot your party with arrow rain while barely touching the enemy health bar.
>Not simplified
The game somehow managed to have less depth than a game where auto attacks were automatic. It was just mash A, use quick bar item. It required less thought than anything. The characters were pretty good though, I'll admit that. The story concept was also good, everything else was executed poorly. The Hawke and the Warden are similar though, you're both normal people thrust into extraordinary situations. The only reason you're special after Ostagar is because the other members of your order were wiped out and framed, prior to that you were just a new recruit.

I was primarily comparing it to Origins, where the looming threat was the archfiend, but Loghain was the antagonist. Also you say that DA:2 didn't have ancient evil, but the reason the characters start going crazy is literally red lyrium which turns the characters into... An ancient evil.

Quick heal wasn't as easy as in Origins since you must wait until you can use the next item.
I agree that spawning enemies out of nowhere is a problem, and the normal fights against thugs aquired no thought, but the bigger fights against bosses needed tactics, it was the same way in Origins without spawning enemies. And in Origins I always choose a way to go out without fighting because, like I said, the combat system was a boring try to copy DSA without polishing it enough, while DA2 did his own thing and was polished. I never had fun playing a mage character in Origins, but they are my second favorite class in 2.

While I feel differently I suppose it's all subjective. I'm glad you enjoyed it user, I however was pretty disappointed with it when it came out. I beat it, hell I even beat it twice just to see what would happen if I chose a different side in the end, which... It didn't. It didn't help that the game wasn't nearly as long as Origins either., I even tried playing a year or two back and I just can't. Origins hasn't aged well, but I would play that over 2 any day.

Bunch of good characters in DAI. In fact, the game has many separate great separate pieces that seem to have serious effort and care putten into them, but sadly they blend poorly together.

The trick is to stuck Varrick in your party every time and play sarcastic Hawke during dialogue sequences, then you basically have "Varrick - The Game" which maked DA2 10 times better. I spent more time controlling Varrick than every other character in DA2 and he wasn't even the strongest. The game was clearly meant to play as an sarcastic jerk.

which makes*

Sorry.

Luis Sera

He was a million times better in the second game, I felt he was not nearly as memorable and enjoyable in Inquisition
DA2 actually had good characters at least, why'd they have to suck so bad in Inquisition?

Who?

There's a lot of cool and interesting characters in league honestly.

my kardesim

>user did you hear, cards unbound is being deleted
Fucking SOURCE

I said this to my roommate earlier actually. DA2 Varric was amazing, DA:I he felt... Different. My roommate compared it to Donte in DMC, it's like someone looked at the character and tried to take what they thought made him cool at the most surface level without understanding why that made him cool in the first place.

I would fuck this man into oblivion.

Why would you even want to say Loghain's plot was well written? He was supposed to be a mastermind and have acted on the best behalf of the country's benefit and a lot of other shit that simply did not happen at all in any way, and all he did is something extremely moronic for petty reasons then went batshit because the game was a rushed mess with no cohesion between character concepts and character execution.
He was a horrible antagonist that was intended to be GREY in morals, and instead just came out full retard.

Both Orsino and Turbo Templar at least actually have perfectly understandable behavior to their circumstances considering that they are sitting over a literal pile of Gonna Go Crazy powder, and their reactions to it (One being a lying, selfish douche playing victim, and the other being an overly harsh, massive cunt with the best intentions.) were fitting from the start. It's the absolutely ridiculous ending where your choices don't matter and everyone goes LMAO BOSS FIGHT FOR NO REASON that ruined the buildup. The characters themselves were perfectly good.

Dropped ME2 as soon as I realized I couldn't have him in squad

I think Bioware let him out because most players didn't get what the renegade/paragon point system was so they accidentally killed him.

Btw., the system was way better in ME1 than in 2 and 3. You could play as a neutral person or how you want to react in certain situations but still went full paragon or renegade, while in 2 and 3 you must play either space Jesus or literally Hitler to gain enough points on either side, playing neutral or depending on the situation has no benefit whatsoever.

He was too complex for this game

Anyway those who know Corpse Party cannot disagree with this

She wasn't a good character at all, though. Just the only normal person to ever arrive in a DA game. Written in a thoroughly flat and uninspired way because they knew everyone was going to play as a Mage as they intended them to.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You lost me almost as soon as you started, Loghain was a far better character than "I hate mages." and "I hate Templars" Loghain was never written as a mastermind, he was written as a tactician on the battlefield, which has always been true since he was a soldier fighting against a foreign power trying to over take his homeland. He grew up fighting, and he's good at it, but he's a soldier and that's it. The whole point of him as an antagonist is that he thought he could do everything, and he was wrong. He paid people to enact plans that weren't fully thought out, and that's why if it wasn't for you all of Ferelden would have been swallowed up, because the soldier isn't a king, and the best intentions pave the road to hell. What he did makes perfect sense to him, and you get to hear his side of it if you recruit him, and it makes perfect sense to his character. He fought his whole life, from childhood to adulthood stopping Orlais, then his nephew comes along and says "Well it's in the past, move on." but he remembers, so to him the only way to save his home is to take it over. He's so sure of himself that he doesn't even think anyone else will question it, he's so sure of himself that he thinks even if it's a real blight, he's a good enough warrior to stop it, but he's a just a soldier and everyone knows it. After you fix everything, if you recruit him he actually starts to realize this and grows as a character. Both the major faction leaders of DA:2 had potential, but that's all they had, they weren't well written or fleshed out and their motives were static from the beginning. They had a good foundation, they just chose not build anything on it.

>characters who were too good for the games they were in

I played a rogue. Was fun.

>yfw arishok was the only good thing about da2 and they decided to rewrite qunari anyway

>Only normal character
Blackwall says hello.

Problems?

>meets the Architect
>fails miserably and almost gets killed fighting him
>knows for 100% surety it is a blight because he literally tells him and his companions it is coming
>watches everyone else also fight and lose miserably to the most basic tidbits of said Blight
>next instance in which he sees the Blight again; Nah, I bet I can totally take on that dude I lost against AND an army he confirmed was coming towards us while also attempting to declare war on another country.
Also while murdering the only people that I know can stop the blight even if I win because I have already been told this straight up several times.

I am sorry but it just didn't make any sense from the get go, even when you try to play the sentimentalistic card on his behavior, it's just too stupid.

Solas was a piece of shit, what the fuck. He was the generic "muh spirits" elf who initially pretended to be reasonable but turned out to be a rabid spirits guy just like literally every single person who showed affection for spirits in the series.
It is literally a dead ringer at this point. Anyone in dragon age who gets too chummy with spirits turns out to be a piece of shit.
Wynn in DA:O is the exception because she wasn't even that chummy, she was indifferent and the only reason she was stuck with a spirit is because she would literally die otherwise. And even despite the symbiotic relationship she was still generally skeptic about spirits.
Anyone in Dragon Age who is open minded about spirits turns out to be a fucko.

Blackwall doesn't get acknowledged until he shaves the ridiculous hobo beard.

How was Blackwall a traitor? Inquisition is a bit foggy for me since I didn't enjoy it much.

But Cole and his literal bard waifu are excellently likeable characters once you digest having an autism machine around. It's heart melting to see the epilogue for Human Cole sating his milf thirst and his bringing happiness thrist at the same time.

that looks like skyrim, is it?

The game should have been about him, not squall the emo faggot.

I think you're confused user...
>Meets architect
What are you going on about? Loghain did everything we're talking about before awakening.
>watches everyone else also fight and lose miserably to the most basic tidbits of said Blight
Because that was the strategy, the people who were getting killed were the vanguard, they're entire purpose was to look weak enough to bring the enemy into a specific area so Loghains men could flank them and wipe them out. In the game King Cailan even says his force will be made up of the royal guard, and the Grey Wardens while the remaining forces will be with Loghain.
>next instance in which he sees the Blight again; Nah, I bet I can totally take on that dude I lost against AND an army he confirmed was coming towards us while also attempting to declare war on another country.
Seriously, what are you on about right now?
>Also while murdering the only people that I know can stop the blight even if I win because I have already been told this straight up several times.
Loghain admits he, like most of the world thought that was just a legend, no one other than the Grey Wardens themselves knew the reason why, whenever a Darkspawn fell people just saw someone stab it, it's not until the end of Origins that we figure out that the only reason a Grey Warden can kill a Archfiend is because otherwise it will just reincarnate again.

Yeah, but isn't he more of a spirit himself tho?

I was referring more about the whole "mortals who are way too enthusiastic about how great spirits are" kind of thing.

Read your books preceding DA:O for the canon characters and what their pasts are before you attempt to discuss what didn't or didn't happen, user.

>Loghain admits he, like most of the world thought that was just a legend, no one other than the Grey Wardens themselves knew the reason why, whenever a Darkspawn fell people just saw someone stab it, it's not until the end of Origins that we figure out that the only reason a Grey Warden can kill a Archfiend is because otherwise it will just reincarnate again.
So he just bet the fate of everything and everyone and based his plan on "I am probably not wrong"?

Skullface, MGSV

You aren't wrong necessarily, no. Whenever it is a main character in the cast it tends to be pretty bad a sign. When it is an NPC or side-character, it tends to be a positive aspect.
It's Cole's best friends, a mage and a templar, that made him essentially kick-trigger the whole Inquisition plot by killing Cassandra's old master for the greater good as they believed spirits to be beneficial and mislabeled, and yadda yadda.

Loghain met the Architect way before the start of Origins, and knew both of the Grey Wardens and the Blight being a straight up thing. So yeah, nah.

I read the books years ago, and I'll admit I wasn't counting them because we're talking about the games themselves and the characters fleshed out in those games, in which case Loghain is infinitely better than either of the faction leaders in DA:2. I also wasn't counting the books because they came out after the game, and the original user I'm responding to claimed Loghain didn't make sense because he was rushed, and if we include the books that argument makes no sense. The books came out well after the games, and the expansion was finished, so that has nothing to do with the game schedule.

>An old organization tells you they're still super special
>This is an order that is basically above the law
>The only reasonable thing is to absolutely trust them even though they have no real proof.
Also, yes, the plan is usually "Bad things might happen but I'm probably not wrong." Even Cailan does this
>Cailan: We'll end the blight right now!
>Duncan: Cailan, uh, I don't think it will be that simple
>Cailan: Nah we'll be fine
Or the Warden recruiting Werewolves, and mages who could fall to demons. When the world is at stake, you have to hope you're not wrong. The alternative is not doing something which is stupid.

Is this fanart? Because I don't remember the game to look this good.

>boot up 3 for the first time
>conversation on the wards
>notice no neutral options

Thought it was a glitch or something.

>tfw we'll never actually get to play an actual Qunari like him

I'm not sure what exactly makes Kishinuma complicated. He was just a dude that really wanted that pussy afaik.