WoW: Battle for Azeroth

>bring back AU Draenor orcs to join the Horde
>Grom leads them

Welp, final nail in the Warcraft lore coffin. They just couldn't keep WoD buried and let it fade into obscurity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mb7CHoy30Uc
youtube.com/watch?v=OlAKBucejyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2AWx1yK0j7s
wowhead.com/zandalari-troll-allied-race
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just gimme more Greymane.

Very surprised it isn't the Mag'har. Wonder why they went with this?

Source?

They're calling them Mag'har. And here I thought those were the united leftover clans from Outland, apparently it is just what brown orcs are called.

Mag'har are brown orcs from a quarantine colony in nagrand that avoided involvement in the orc wars and thus remained uncorrupted by fel.

They've been in the horde for a while but have remained unplayable because despite the difference being skin related they couldn't be warlocks and would have a nerfed bloodlust

>The orcs, and Nagrand, come to be referred to as "mag'har" — which in Orcish means, literally, "uncorrupted".

These are Draenor orcs though.

draenor or outland?
WoD or TBC orcs?

Draenor, as in Warlords of Draenor.

source?
inb4 leddit

It's been known for a little while. There's a lot of info on them you can look up. Their emotes reference Grom, Gul'dan, and the name Mag'har.

but grom, guldan and maghar are known names during pre-invasion azeroth. how does it make this WoD?

Flirts and jokes are in the latest alpha build.
It's evident from those, as wella s the Gorgrond map used for the unlocking quest that it's Draenor orcs.

Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?
Azeroth has so many rules about who you can stab, who you can't stab... who you can punch, who you can't punch... You guys need to loosen up!
The Shattered Hand are legendary warriors, but don't ever ask one of them for a back rub. Trust me on this one... < pained sounds >
Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!
I dyed my hair green once. Warchief Hellscream was NOT amused.

They were originally datamined as Mag'har in the original allied race list so everyone assumed they were Outlands. It wasn't until the interview that confirmed them that we realized Mag'har applies to brown Draenor orcs as well, so it's reasonable to be confused.

Will she show up to steal the glory and become the greatest alliance hero to ever exist?

Grom and guldan exists only warlords of draenor version

That's among other things. Like their legacy armor being an updated Warsong set.

Wowhead is calling them Mag'har, the female's joke directly references the garrison on frostfire ridge.

Fucking time travel alternate unvierse shit. Makes me mad enough to switch to Alliance, they get Kul Tirans instead.

>american humans

That would be retarded though. Blizzard post-metzen was pretending WoD never happened. The canon reason orcs can't go live in AU is that that universe is for certain damned which is why AU Velen had no issue killing himself.

Taking them out is retarded because a lot of now deceased classic orcs are still alive. What is thrall going to try and bond with AU Grom who lacks the qualities that inspired Thrall? It would be weird

But Horde gets El Dorado.

la creatura...

>AU Grom who lacks the qualities that inspired Thrall

I don't think Grom ever actually had those qualities, but the earliest Warcraft game I have relevant memories of is WC3 so more info would be nice.

>The canon reason orcs can't go live in AU is that that universe

There is no canon reason they can't go and live in AU Draenor. Canonically speakin it's entirely possible to travel back and forth at will.

Should have had them join Alliance, just for kicks

THIIIIIIICK

Didn't they dindu nuffin Grom at the end?

You have the link to the source?

Go onto wowhead. It's front page top news.

I'd rather have a Dark Ironfu.

>Datamine stuff shows Kultiran female can be druid with worgen cat form.

They explicitly mention frostfire ridge and the garrisons.

They also make jokes about time travel and alternate timelines.

Yes, and it was the most ridiculous moment in WoW history.

youtube.com/watch?v=mb7CHoy30Uc

Sure, do a 180 and make peace with the guy who genocided half the Draenei on Draenor who's suddenly a hero.

yes, but in a wish fulfillment way that shouldn't be dredged up.

youtube.com/watch?v=OlAKBucejyQ

A glorious city, was built by the divinities, by gods. Who saw fit, to bestow.

I actually don't hate these. I like the way gear fits on them (at least the pieces that display properly) and their animations aren't too bad.

The females need a hell of a lot of work to be as good as the males though.

>Recolored Blood Elves
>Recolored Dwofs
>Recolored Goats
Holy shit Alliance players must be on suicide watch

And Troll Paladins.
youtube.com/watch?v=2AWx1yK0j7s

Now the Horde have the OLDEST Paladin Faction on their side.

>Yrel promises to come help if something happens
>doesn't show up to help stop the demon invasion that doesn't give a shit about time and can easily hop to their world next

I fucking hate Yrel. Even the MU Yrel that was datamined never actually showed up.

Are they slightly taller less hair dwarves?

I don't think they'll be playable though.

And they'd look incredibly silly, especially with the new paladin animations being very human/dwarf/draenei centric.

If Zandalari Trolls can be Paladins, then what allied race of the alliance can be Shamans?

Just when you think blizzard couldn't get more retarded, they just keep going.

Kul Tirans are massive. Almost as big as Vrykul.

That's going to be a fun dungeon.

they aren't even trying to balance out faction classes anymore. That's why Horde is getting multiple druids and alliance is getting none.

>And they'd look incredibly silly, especially with the new paladin animations being very human/dwarf/draenei centric.

://clips dot twitchdottv/EmpathicGloriousChipmunkBCouch

Well there goes that argument out the window.

Fuck if I know

Kul Tirans will probably be able to be druids. Same harvest witch druidism culturally as Gilneans, with added death magic witchcraft.

SPOILER ALERT! the maghar actually join the alliance. not even kidding.

grom shouldve been warchief instead of that cunt sylvanas. Fuck undead and fuck nu horde

Holy fuck, looking at the screenshots of this place. It's fucking beautiful.
I didn't even know they were doing new capital cities, let's hope this doesn't get Karabor'd before launch.

It's weird as fuck they're not allowing Dark Irons to be shamans. Their whole lore is being enslaved by Fire Elementals.

Boralus isn't finished yet, but it has this Lovecraftian/Dishonored whaling port vibe.

Their broadcast emotes confirms them as Horde.

As a vanilla friend, I thought the Zalandari are good guys, then comes MoP and makes us fight them, because reasons still unclear to me, and now they are allies?

I mean you could say the same about dark iron dwarfs but atleast there is that weird dwarf politics lovestory, no one gave a shit about, to justify it.
Which canonically happened before Cata, so dwarfs could be mages.

Was there even any Zalandari content since the Throne of Thunder raid? I don't get it.

>Glorious gilded temple-city towering above the untamed jungles, pinnacle of an empire
vs
>Salty, damp, dreary port that looks like a prime place to get stabbed in your sleep by fish-people or stumble upon some eldritch nightmare freshly awoken from its slumber in the pitch-black seas
I'm gonna give this one to the Horde.

it'd be cool with every dark iron shaman being a defector of the twilights hammer
so before cata the zandalari helped players fight the jungle/ice trolls for god fuckery. then in cata a zandalri troll named zul aimed to unite trollkind so they can stop being curbstomped in raids ironically resulting in more troll raids now zul's just evil and the troll king joins the horde

I wonder if it will be as big as Suramar City.

There's no reason for both factions to have the same number of races that can be a class or the same number of races other than retards complaining
void elves and worgen are a fucking huge mistake

What shall we do with the drunken whaler, lads?

Read the MoP lore again. The invasion of Pandaria was Zul's idea, with Zandalar slowly sinking into the sea Rastakhan had no choice but to concede.

BfA will have a civil war between Zul's supporters (who is also an Old God servant) and Rastakhan's. Rastakhan gets poisoned into a coma early on, his daughter Talanji is who the Horde players closely work with.

In one of the screenshots of the Zandalari city it shows Zul as a friendly NPC in Rastaking dude's throne room, so there might be some new fuckery at play as well

its been cleared up that there are TWO factions of Zandalari the niggas we fought at ToT are lead by Zul and the ones were trying to help are lead by King Rastakhan.

>"The Zandalari now face a civil war between the followers of Zul and the followers of Rastakhan. Zul and his lieutenant, Yazma, have corrupted the once pristine tombs of Atal'Dazar on Mount Mugamba. They seek to twist the power of the ancient kings buried there for their own dark machinations"

Getting the feeling the ol king doesn't know what the fuck is going on in his own kingdom.

>those tiny women
>with those big men

hot

>who is also an Old God servant
I know this is warcraft, but can they not go that route? I'm sure if Garithos was still alive he'd serve old gods too
old coot let his kingdom sink halfway in the ocean, never came off as a good leader

Both cities seem to be about the same size as Suramar, and with less copy paste and more diversity.

It'll be nice to have more urban questing, it's something that was missing from WoW until we got Suramar.

they may be placeholders

This entire expansion's is Old God fuckery. The faction conflict is a red herring.

strange
why not use reskinned vrykul women npcs?

>Sure, do a 180 and make peace with the guy who genocided half the Draenei on Draenor
But he didn't so what are you talking about?

You mean like every expansion?

I fucking knew it. Theyre trying to sell it to people on WC3/vanilla nostalgia while it all being about purple legion. Same as they did with WOD

Vrykyl models don't customize options for clothes

whoda thunk the octopus worshippers would be evil

>tfw unable to see wow models as anything but the skeleton they use
Hello male undead

Until now they were only present in the background or on the side like Ahn'Qiraj and Ulduar. Even in Cataclysm most of it was Deathwing and not an actual Old God.

BfA will have Ashzara, G'huun, N'zoth, and pretty much every remaining mortal agent they have. Won't be surprise if we get Ny'alotha as a final expansion zone and raid like Argus.

>Battle for Azeroth
>Gee I wonder if its about fighting for territory
>Or maybe, just maybe its about fighting with the Old Gods for the titan souls

Wow, sooooo sneaky Blizzard, I was 100% sure it will be just about faction war

I'm fucking sick of Old Gods. It's always the same shit and aside from Yogg, none of them are interesting in the slightest bit.

I dont give a shit about the new expansion, as long as I can still place my free account nightelf buttslut in elwynn, waiting for giant draenei horsecocks (female).

>pre cata
Zandalari are good or at least seeking allies to deal with the mutual threat of Hakkar the Soulflayer in ZG and Sunken Temple.
They also show up in WotLK to say their farewell towards the Drakkari since they went full degenerate from the perspective of all troll kind by killing their gods.

>cata
Zandalar got damaged in the catalcysm, of which a Prophet named Zul predicted. Zul tried convincing King Rastakhan of this event but Rastakhan considered it insane. When the cataclysm happened he was proven right and amassed a large portion of the entire Zandalari population onto his side and sent out envoys to try an unite all the remaining troll civilizations under one banner to save themselves. In ZA he rallied the Amani under Dakara and in ZG Jindo managed to enslave Hakkar's soul to use it to rebuild the city. Vol'jin told Zul to fuck off because "im wid deh horde" and we stomped in ZG and ZA again.

>MoP
The Zandalari were an ancient Ally of the original titan-forged race that ruled Panderia, the Mogu(fu dog people) but got their ass stomped by Pandas a few thousand years ago and never looked back as their old friends were genocided. The cataclysm dispelled the mist cutting off PAnderia from the world and this gave Zul an idea to go there and ressurect their ancient allies with troll vodoo in exchange for land to rebuild a new homeland on. In this expansion it seemed like all of Zandalari were on Zul's side because all the known Zandalari npcs from vanilla became bosses. But nah, Zul was just winning favor. We stopped the mogu and thus stopped the plan.

>BoA
In BoA, it's revealed that a good portion of the Zandalari are still loyalist to the throne and Rastakhan just doesn't want to deal with all the insane shit Zul tried to do and probably believes Zandalar can be saved, as the island is slowly sinking beneath the ocean. Either way, it's a civil war.

Especially since Ny'alotha should be located exactly halfway between Zandalar and Kul Tiras on the map.

A Prelate is not a paladin and Zandalari cant be Paladins, stop being retarded.

>If Zandalari Trolls can be Paladins
They cant

Available Classes

Druid: Tank, Healer, Melee or Ranged Leather DPS
Hunter: Ranged DPS
Mage: Ranged Cloth DPS
Priest: Healer or Ranged Cloth DPS
Rogue: Melee Leather DPS
Shaman: Healer, Melee or Ranged Mail DPS
Warlock: Ranged Cloth DPS
Warrior: Tank or Melee Plate DPS

wowhead.com/zandalari-troll-allied-race

What would you rather have dipshit ? More Legion ? Bolvar going fuckin full Hitler ? More time travel ?

You're shit outta luck mate and if you dont like it dont play.

I've been wanting to make a joke with this picture but "zandalari/botani/qiraj emperor/jinyu go for a walk" would be too cumbersome for filename threads
there's still other planets somewhere

>Sissy elves in the Kor'kron

D E A D
E
A
D

>A prelate is not a Paladin
>Proof of "Holy Warriors" in the same fuckin post in video form.

heres a (you)

>It's always the same shit and aside from Yogg, none of them are interesting in the slightest bit.
C'thun still is my favorite boss design in WoW.

why the fuck not. They make about as much sense as cow paladins.
The entire lore is one huge asspull why are they holding back now?

Strange, dosen't Zandalar lie where Kezan should be?
They can in lore

This

so whats the news about that warcraft 3 thing?

>A prelate is a high-ranking member of the clergy who is an ordinary or who ranks in precedence with ordinaries. The word derives from the Latin prælatus, the past participle of præferre, which means "carry before", "be set above or over" or "prefer"; hence, a prelate is one set over others.

>The archetypal prelate is a bishop

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelate

I'd rather have an expansion dedicated to legitimate conflict between the Horde and Alliance without an Old God shitting up the place.
He's a great design, just not that interesting from a character perspective.

They cant, they dont follow the light they have their own pantheon of gods the Loa