How do I stop my friend from spending $150 on a controller?

How do I stop my friend from spending $150 on a controller?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it doesnt matter, no matter what you say you'll just get hit with a "ITS MY MONEY I CAN SPEND IT HOW I WANT!!! >:CCCC"

By showing him a better controller if there is one.

/thread

Drop that friend

suck his dick for $149

don't stop him. it's the only way he'll learn

>/threading your own post

By telling him the new version is coming out in a few months

I was watching a stream of Previously Recorded. Apparently Rich got one of those expecting if he put down that much money, it must be built to last and it would be the last controller he would ever need. It broke in a little under a year an a half.

what're ya waitin' for? Christmas?

But it's a great controller. So good in fact that you can no longer use standard controllers. So good that it forces you to feed it spare parts of ebay every time a section of it breaks cause it's not like you can afford another one.
Honestly mine is basically the ship of Theseus at this point.

>$150

People spend that much on Keyboards alone, throw in another 60 for a mouse and that's over $200 invested in peripherals

Your friend is better off buying three of the $50 variant. Since the piece of shit bumper and trigger buttons are going to stop working in six months.

I use my Xbone controller every day and have never had a single problem. Still using the stock controller that came with my original Xbox one

Don't. People learn best when they fuck up things for themselves.

If you want "the best", it's the only choice for 3D games. I love using the paddles for shit in DaS and Nioh.

Mine was only 70 bucks, though. I'd never buy it at retail.

Why not worry about yourself?

Why is the dpad censored?

Show him the One S controller. And the Xbone version, not the Windows one.

Best controller I've ever owned in terms of ergonomics, general feel and usability

As much as I don't like going into physical stores with their prices, make sure you/him gets one from a physical store to make it easier if it breaks.
I got mine from EBGames (aus) and if anything goes wrong with it they literally just grab a fresh one from out back and swap it.

I got a new controller because the rubber one one side peeled off slightly. Like I'm talking about a centimetre
The only complaint I have about the thing at all is the rubberised grips came loose, but the warranty meant they just swapped it for a brand new one

Buy him a DS4, it's the best controller ever made.

>The only complaint I have about the thing at all is the rubberised grips came loose,
They all come loose, it's a design defect. Put in a sweaty atmosphere, the grips will peel because they're made in 8 pieces instead of being one constant wrap, which is a million times more secure because it doesn't have tons of moisture entry points.

The worst thing is that they changed the clip design so you can't just swap on some Xbone grips.

Okay, usually jokes like these on Sup Forums make me think about the state of mankind, but somehow this particular one was a little cute and it got a laugh and small smile from me.

DS4 is worse then the DS3 and DS2

can someone recommend a pc controller or have a tier list

i dont really want to just buy another 360 controller

My friend and I used to call it the Big Mac controller. I was a poorfag so I played at his house a lot until I got my own system, so I was always stuck with the Big Mac while he used his S controller.

I feel that, but it wouldn't have changed in my case I don't think, because it came loose where the plastic on the front meets the grip down the side, not kinda further back/inside wherever

Like you say, design defect generally though from having any form of soft(ish) segmented material around sweaty palms

you're fucking delusional

Not really. It feels very cheap and they break easily. Plus I prefer the joystick layout of the Xbox controllers.

Just buy a 360 or bone controller

Is there a controller I can use for PS4/PC that has a better dpad than the DS4?

xbone s

which controller has the best shoulder buttons? i dont like the 360's clicky ones that go bad so fast.

Get the regular Xbone controller. Everything about it is pretty great, except for the fact the dpad is kind of shit. Good luck trying to do fighting game motions on something that literally only moves in 4 directions.

SNES

Not nearly as cheap and breakable as the Xbone controller.

I've just started putting mine inside one of those stretchy slip-over covers. it doesn't feel as nice in the hand, but it's a small price to pay for keeping the whole thing together.

I'd never use it raw again, it's a ticking timebomb.

introduce him to drugs and the art of sharing

I'm twelve years old and what is this???

hmm, are there any of those that are fairly thin though? I wouldn't want it to feel too chunky, but it's a good idea to stop any peeling

thanks but can you guys recommend me a gaming mouse too since mines dying

logitech g403

That maybe true, I've never used one. But I prefer my 360 controller the most, out of any controller I've ever used.
It's not perfect, but the feel and quality are decent for the price. (A new wired 360 controller can go for as low as $15-$20)

It's a great controller, but they break easily like the first generation xbox one controllers.
I've had to return 2 that just wore out and either had shoulder buttons stop responding or ghost input on analogue.
no rage or anything, just wear and tear.
apparently they are making a new elite controller in line with the new standard ones that has Bluetooth and better durability.

Take fucking note that there are three versions of the Xbone controller excluding the Elite. You want the Xbone S model that has textured grips and Bluetooth. The older models either lack the 3.5 mm audiojack or bluetooth or both.

This, make sure if you get a bone controller, get one of the newer ones, they're much sturdier

How's the d-pad on that thing? It looks like shit, is it?

you can swap it for a normal d-pad

Not as bad as I thought, then. I wish Microsoft made a hard wired xbone controller. My 360 one is on its last legs.

thanks again there goes the rest of my paycheck wew

>Black and white colorless buttons

thats so fucking edgy and retarded

Show him this: youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs
Ridiculously overpriced shittily built junk.

why the fuck are controllers so expensive now