Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Comes out April 3rd. 38 days remaining.

>Black mary sue bitch is the only paladin companion.

FUCK SAWYER

Here's how the choice selection for Pillars of Eternity 2 works, if you don't want to import your save from the first game.

You can also just choose a preset

>No options for Grieving Mother, Hiravias or best girl Sagani
What the fuck?

The White March choices matter? Hoo boy I guess I should take that a bit more seriously next go around.

Reminder that there WILL be choices that have an effect and are not included here because Sawyer likes to SPIT in your face.

Only a few

>hehe, don't worry, I'm not going to kill you, I'll just cut off your left arm.

FUCK SAWYER

I imagine you'll never see her again which same goes for Hiravious and Siguani, so their choices ultimately do not matter for retroactivity.

But you're seeing Devil of Caroc, which was either torn apart or somewhere on the bottom of the ocean?
Sagani makes a lot more sense, she lives in Naasitaq, which is in the Deadfire Archipelago. This is bullshit.

Am I getting my hopes up to see devil of caroc again? I theorized a few threads ago this considering her ending spoilers

she walked into the ocean for her good ending, maybe the currents will take her to the deadfire? possibly she'll get dredged up and given a new body somehow

So I found this Estoc stuck in stone in White march. I picked it up, it got soulbound and stuck to me. So I venture to the three places it wants me to go, The status box - and the quest says that the curse is broken, but I still can't remove the sword or change weapon slot, it is cleary bugged, but my last save is like 2 hours before that.
Any ideas?

I got her bad end, not sure why, except I didn't bring her too much with me, but I did all of her quests.

never seen a soul bound weapon upgrade not trigger for me. reload the game or reload save my mane

me too, most annoying companion for me partially because of this. you think you do everything right, everyone else had a neutral or good ending.

You told her that her quest didn't matter and that she needed to be done with it.

Im getting the vibe of Poe2 potentially the most comfy game ever
Just for the feeling of rasing your adopted Orlan child with uncle Eder and getting the gang back together to watch the orange sunset over the calm waves on the front deck of your boat as you sail between the island chain to save your soul.

Something about that idea just tickles my autism the right way.

Apparently the new fig update is coming today, so I got that to look forward to. Probably dedicated to the ship mechanics.

I tried going back to the quicksave, which is after I picked it up, so gotta redo the whole map, and the fishsluts in the area are hurting so much

I have always get either eccentric or isolationist ending for Kana.
How in the hell you get the explorer or progressive voice ending for him?

no, I was mildly encouraging the entire time.

Gonna be hard to pick who the main companions are. The newcomers are at a severe disadvantage.

They just gotta deliver on those comfy looking graphics (like White March) and the great soundtrack again. I'm ready to sail away.

You probably said "It doesn't matter what you say. He's dying, and you're doing this for your village" instead of "Tell him about his family" or "Remind him of his impact on Massuk"

Depends on your conversations, you gotta shape his personality in that specific direction.

Eder was great, I liked Pallagina albeit being a bit one-note and having a boring quest. I liked Aloth too, especially when he was the butt of the joke.

I'm just happy that npcs will be wandering around and have schedules to keep to. They did that partially in the white march, but poe1 it always bothered me that people will just be standing outside at night or in the rain waiting for you to turn in quest.

its retarded that these lines of choices are what gives her the bad ending. Is it not true that he's dying and she is doing this for her village? do I have really have to be all nurturing and supportive every conversation, otherwise by the time she gets home shes all suicidal and zonked out and decides to walk into a blizzard?

Yes. Of course your dialogue with characters should affect their endings.

>Gonna be hard to pick who the main companions are
Tekehu and Maia look like trash, Serafen is either best boy or absolute worst boy, and Xoti is the only one that seems promising.
Easy.

If you could start with one item from poe1 what would you choose?

company captain's hat for me

>Maia looks like trash
What the fuck? Why?

if it makes sense sure, not if its some bullshit where you are forced to be a soppy faggot. until that ending I was nothing but neutral or encouraging, nothing I said implied that her quest didn't mean anything at all. Saying it doesn't matter what she says because there is no time, its an animal and it's for her family and village is true and it's her own fault she had a bad ending not the watchers. my grievance is that it is the watchers fault according to the game because it's your words that do it. why is it put on my conscience that shes a dumb woman and couldn't find some meaning in what she was doing.

actually now that I think about it it would be a toss up between this and concelhaut.

You could have also said "Trust your instincts", in which case, she decides by herself based on what you told her throughout the journey.
I don't see the problem, you had options and you chose the least encouraging one available.

>LESBIAN WITCHES XD
>it's okay to be transgender, kids!
Yeah, no thanks.

It IS okay to be transgender, and kids have the right to make that decision no matter their age. Go away..

The Gay Captain's Hat is fucking retardedly OP. No need for it to reappear in Deadfire.

>It IS okay to be transgender, and kids have the right to make that decision no matter their age.
Hello, I think I've found your child.

Shut the fuck up

If you see something wrong with a kid expressing themselves and having fun dancing with a bunch of like-minded people then I don't really know what to say. See you at the revolution.

>I hate a whole class of people just for existing! REEEEE STOP BEING ALIVE!!!!!!

Stop replying to the Sup Forumstard. It's gonna derail this thread into being about trannies.

>uses both T-Slurs
>refers to others as Sup Forums users
Yeah, no. Out.

Ebin falseflagging, Sup Forumstard. This is the last (You) you get from me.

no u

If you really think that asking you not to say "trannies" and "tard" is false-flagging you may genuinely have some kind of paranoid personality disorder.

Considering they decide if you manage to break the brainwashing of a god or not, it would be really silly if they didn't.

Why does PoE attract the kind of wannabe autists that fap to shitty combat mechanics? Are you guys too stupid for a really autistic game like Dwarf Fortress and feel insecure about it?

im replaying the first game as an angry barbarian dwarf that happens to also be pretty smart when he needs to (high int)

what skills are the best to get?

This.

Frenzy, Blooded, Bloodlust and Bloodthirst are your musts, in my opinion.

I enjoy both. Dwarf Fortess is more of a "write your own story" kind of game. Pillars of Eternity has a more focused and less abstract narrative.

i see. thanks man.

What's known about Tekehu? I see several people say negative things about him so there must be something. My problem is i want a druid but dont want to play as one so he better not be trash.

He's written by some guy from the Tyranny team, and everything about him, from design to known backstory, looks gay as shit.

>aumaua
>related to Kana
>looks like she has a whole tent pole up her ass
>represents the worst faction
>aumaua
>Rangers are lame

>So Tekēhu is a native of the Deadfire Archipelago, one of the godlike, or people who are born with features that resemble or are associated with a certain god. Pallegina is also a god-like and is associated with Hylea, the goddess of birds. Tekēhu is a marine god-like, associated with Ondra, the goddess of the sea. Because the Huana culture is also very nautically oriented and they live in the Deadfire, he’s sort of doubly revered. He was born into a caste of artisans, and from a very early age, people decided that his art would be water-shaping. Water-shaping is something that is unique to the Deadfire Archipelago. It is actually seemingly unique to the city of Neketaka. Tekēhu is able to manipulate water in this beautiful, artistic, sometimes deadly way and he is a member of the Water Shapers Guild, and although he is not really a senior member or guild master, he’s got a chip on his shoulder. Because everyone has told him he is so gifted, he believes it. He is really talented, but it goes to his head. He’s very dismissive of people telling him how he should be using his arts, how he should use them to help people. He believes that is his gift to decide what to do with it. He’s very headstrong and amorous. He has a lot of romantic inclinations and as you walk around the city of Neketaka, you run into people who have come across him in various ways. He is well known throughout the city. He is a very colorful and passionate character but is very headstrong and full of himself. He is also very inexperienced in dealing with the outside world. That is his conflict with reality.

Tekehu is the throwaway character meant to appease tumblrinas and faggots. Sad, but true.

To be fair to Paul Kirsch, he wrote the guidebook for Pillars of Eternity 1, which was pretty good, I thought.

>represents the worst faction
Now you went too far.
Imperialistic sharks look like the best faction by miles. Who the hell are you gonna ally with instead? The gay black traders? The lame pirates?

They succeeded, then. He has more fanart than Serafen, Xoti and poor Maia Rua combined

>pirates
>lame
I'll fucking kill you, you... you double fish.

The natives sharkbros, they gave me a comfy lavender flowercrown last game and it made Eder look kawii as fuck plus the stats were pretty nice.
Thats all it really takes.
Colonial dicklets gonna get captain cooked by big bad Island Hannua

That's because artists are gay or girls or both.

Alright, I'm with you, then. The natives are most likely who I'm allying with too. There aren't many games where you get to fight off colonization. But they're the only faction that is better than the shark empire.

>non-importfags are likely gonna miss out on the WM talents
Got 'em.

Does anyone know if unique items are more unique this time? Having a million unique weapons that are just meh is stupid.

Probably, if WM is anything to go by.

Did you retrain just to get that?

Based on the beta and what they said about the enchanting system, they seem to be heading in that direction. Everything doesn't feel so modal.

Da fuck, how do you get that?

If WM is anything to go by we will only be using Soulbound items.

>Whan to import a character
>but not satisfied with a companion or something
I got to live with my choices, but goddamn I wish I could edit it.

You gotta hit the target in the bar with the throwing dart.
You also get a luck bonus if you win the dice game downstairs.
I highly doubt those skills are gonna carry over, though.

Win at the Orlan game 3 times I think
There's another one for winning the dice game in the basement 3 times.

Orlan's Head knife throwing game.

Win a whole lot of Orlan's Head games. I think in addition to winning three times, you need to have more wins than losses too.

What, for accuracy? Hell no.

Thanks, niggers. I never bothered with those minigames.

Friendly reminder your bonus stats got EOTHAS'd

But WM has plenty cool unique weapons. Like Spelltongue and... the flail?

Please delete this post.

It needs athletics actually.

Dude.
More than half of soulbound weapons are vastly outclassed by normal uniques. The others are up to personal choice, and only two soulbound weapons better than unique alternative are abydon's hammer and the unlabouted blade, which requires way too much grinding to be any useful

You sure? I have like 2 athletics.

I used every stats boosting ability I got and couldn't win. Then I read it needs athletics. Didn't confirm it myself though.

By max enchant maybe or if you just don't want the weapon type.

How do I pistol without being a shitty ranger? I hate pet classes.

Chanter ez

Or rogue if you want some active abilities.

gunner talent, shot on the run helps but is optional
marksman and ruffian are good but unnecessary if you don't have a high as fuck perception. decent to godly dexterity, max might if you like but not really as needed as dexterity
deleterious alacrity of motion is good for anything but especially reloading.

any class can do good with firearms, but some ones I know of might have advantages. palladin, chanter, cipher
palladin, one of the zeals I think gives a good accuracy and maybe speed?
chanter, they have a lyric that gives you faster reloads
cipher, higher alpha weapons are great with cipher casters for focus gain and most spells they have are ranged so it works for them.

Kana

Devil is such a cunt. It feels like she only works if you're a playing an evil character.

Rogue obvisually.
Get the Penetration talent for ranged.
All proper ranged accuracy bonuses and ruffian spec for pistols.
Quick switch and run 3-4 pistols.

Alpha strike out of stealth, switch pistols for free reload, shoot and switch.
Bang bang bang, 3 shots in 5 seconds and whoever you were fighting should be pulp.
After that its just a regular shootem up, but take rouge abilities that work with ranged. The most imporant part however and I cant stress this enough is to keep aloth or somebody casting blind so you get your free 2x damage boost.

Divinity: Original Sin & Original Sin 2 are better games than Pillars of Eternity.

she has bad history and is snarky, not really all that evil, just driven by vengeance. the sense of humor and distance from her own past kind of cuts through for me on how evil she actually is. imo she's not

yeah penetrating shot. forgot about that one. really helps.

I luv you Obsidian (if you're reading devs)

>Everything bad

Priest of Wael playtrough

>Everything Bad
Oh boy!

n'yah!

Fuck you no it isn't.

Sounds about right.