Mount & Blade Warband

How is this game on PS4?

I've heard a lot of people praising this game for its combat gameplay.

I am looking for a game with a great gameplay, not too repetitive. I can't justify a 60€ price tag for a Kingdom Come with all those bugs at the moment and DS1 is 3 months away. Need to bridge that gab.

M&B costs currently only 5€ so I guess I can't really go wrong with it.

What am I am in for? How much time do I have to put into it until I am able to have some decent fights? What should I know about this game, before I buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZhcWwAPQjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't speak a lot for the PS4 version but the game is generally pretty repetitive when you get past the early game. (about 10h if you don't know what you're doing) Also, typically, you don't end up engaging in the melee. Since all of your soldiers go full retard when you go unconscious, you either need to set the damage to you to be only 25%, or play it safe and lance people from horseback or be an archer.

There's nothing wrong with setting yourself to be a tad bit spongy so you can charge with your dudes, though. Fun is the most important thing.

Early on, you'll be battling tooth and nail with bandits, probably dealing with your 10 or so villagers versus their 10 bandits. It can be pretty tense since every hit counts. But the game will wind up to your 120 vs their 240, and you'll come out on top with smart tactics.

Tl;dr buy this if you like playing a shallow kingdom sim/third person strategy game with action elements. Don't buy this if you're looking to hack and slash your way through dudes Unless you buy it on PC and set your stats stupid high by editing a .txt.

I should also add; Despite the game being repetitive, it is still satisfying to slowly work your way towards owning all of Calradia, and every castle or town captured is still just fun as you cut your swath across the countryside.

Cheers mate! Appreciate your feedback. Definitely gonna give it a try.

Console version is butchered as fuck. And it's not mount and blade if the max unit limit is reduced to 75 it's a baby playground. Like what the fuck.

It's fun for the first couple of weeks but then you gradually realize how barren the game is outside of combat and that the retarded ai will perpetually fuck up any long term plans you may make. Multiplayer is solid.

The combat is good but then you realize there isn't a single enemy smart enough to utilize the combat system to its fullest

You can literally start the game and immediately kick the ass of arena champions because they're so fucking braindead

So you're basically playing vanilla Warband without the ability to install mods. The game is made great with mods. Think about that.

>There's nothing wrong with setting yourself to be a tad bit spongy so you can charge with your dudes, though. Fun is the most important thing.
Just buy armor and use your head instead of playing on easy mode

No amount of armour will stop you from dying to crossbow bolts or arrows in a huge melee. Which, honestly, wouldn't be a problem if it didnt automatically go to the broken auto-resolve.

I have no problems riding into battle on full damage, just be aware of your surroundings. Once you get good equipment it's difficult to die as long you don't act like a retard riding alone into volleys of bolts without a shield on an unarmored horse.

What are some essential mods?

>owning all of Calradia

There are so many fucking mods out for this game. I'm playing the world of fire and ice mod.

Here are the state of things...

Currently, I am King of Westeros and I'm married to Myrcella Baratheon after convincing her to elope with me.

I then executed her older brother and sent her mother to the night's watch.

Her younger brother has since disappeared. I suspect suicide.

I am slowly gaining control of Westeros, but the white walker attack fucked my shit up.

No mods, tiny unit limit
It runs on toasters if at all possible play it on a PC

>still gets hit

Oh, so it's exactly like warband in that you realize your existential emptiness once you've taken a castle. Bought right now.

>Oh, so it's exactly like warband
Well yeah it's a warband port
retard

Sweet i know what i'm doing for my weekend, cheers user

>How much time do I have to put into it until I am able to have some decent fights?

About 5 minutes. I would say that combat isn't really amazing in the first place and would tell you to play Chivalry instead if good combat is what you want but you're a console player so I don't what qualify as good for you in the first place.

You're young, clearly so I'll give you that. Right before I tell your parents that you're going to shoot your friends at your school.

No but, this shit is getting really funny, very fast.

>tfw when you charge ahead of your army on horse and bait the enemy into turning around and looking at you while your army charge them in the ass

you have to go back

Tell me where.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZhcWwAPQjM

In spite of you, and to add- I wouldn't recommend the first Bloodrayne, it is utter dogshit. The second however, maybe. Every stop/control involves you ctrl+e with minions and that is doooooogshit

You can't advance without matrix level, stupid ability of throwing minions into shit you don't even know exists. Fuck this game.

wat

Play Bloodrayne 2.

I hate it so fucking much.

he's like a chatbot

Turn on cheats immediately, and I mean right now; all of them.

I love what the devs were trying to do. They were like "fuck it, they won't figure this out for ten years so turn on every cheat in one code".

want this dark reality taint qweef

You're chatbot, fuck off.

fuck off chatbot

I hate that that works so well and hope they change that in Butterlord. I don't like getting singled out as the player. Muh immurshun.

It's not particularly that you're singled out as the player. It's just that when you ride in front like that they'll focus on you as the first target. If you move in step with the rest of your cavalry in a charge you won't find the enemy focusing on you like that.

But yes they should make the AI behaviour less easy to abuse.

Bannerlord when?