Fortnite - DGAF about how it compares to PUBG

With the latest update, Fortnite is 100x better than it was. The devs cleaned it up yugely. Smooth gameplay. Improved building. Vastly improved texturing and load times. The game is just amazing now.

Why does this game not get Sup Forums's stamp of approval?
>inb4 all br games are shit
>inb4 platform fagging
>inb4 OP can't inb4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJ642t3mW5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every time I watch a stream of it players are jumping around like faggots and shiet, pair that with the over saturated and vomit infusing artstyle it's essentially a repellant for non faggots.

Classic arcade style graphics are faggy?

reminder that if you enjoy playing fortnite, you are having nu-fun

Huh?

Has the "main" mode been pushed aside into the trash? I generally like defense games and wanted to see how it developed over the months.

Also, coop.

>game's graphics are pretty shit on purpose
>still makes my PS4 sound like a jet taking off

Not at all. STW is going stronk.

>season 3 made huge improvements to graphics and framerate
>ps4 jet engine has nothing to do with the game
Choose only both.

youtube.com/watch?v=xJ642t3mW5I

look at what this game becomes at 'high level'. the absolute state of this mess

Until Fortnite can compete with PUBG pricewise it will always be seen as a shitty rip off.

>I want bland brown and grey dogshit
kys

60 FPS feels great. Now give me M&K support.

lel
Building is what makes the game unique. If you can't figure it out, then maybe it's not for you? Pretty simple really.

But it's free?

Free.
Vs
$

Give me a reason to play this over Minecraft hunger games

Costs money to be competitive in Fortshite.

it's competing very well, its doing numbers as good as PUBG (over 3.5 mil concurrent at peak hours) and 700k of those were directly from pubg (they lost 700k users from peak the last few days)

Graphics quality.

Those numbers are irrelevant.

Ha! Blatantly false. Cosmetics cost $ and nothing else.

PUBG's numbers went way down and Fortnite's numbers went way up in the same timespan, how is that irrelevant.

The thousands of youtubers and streamers who followed the money trail like bloodhounds have completely and utterly ruined this game.

Yuge

> Until Free can compete with £30

Nigga you dumb

all br games are shit
dreamcast is the best console
op needs to go back to mexico #maga

Probably isn't related, nice conspiracy though.

How?

It's fun
Half of Sup Forums is inherently biased against the genre because it's popular and we can't have that

>Costs money to be competitive in Fortshite
What?

BR games are good casual fun with friends. It's retarded as fuck that people are trying to make it an esport.

>join game
>immediately get reported for stream sniping
>rinse and repeat until banned

FUN!

Mqan I wish I had space to try out the handgun
My inventory is always filled with other useful shit

T0pb8 m8

What are you even rambling about

This.

People have been getting fed up with PUBG's lack of improvements.

-Chinkshits and dialup tier faggots queueing with 400 pings and not being penalized because the shooting is clientside
-Chinkshits buying cheap accounts, hacking, getting banned, and coming back.
-Chinkshits are combative, less skilled when not hacking, and you can't understand them.
-They REFUSE to lock chinkshits to their own server.

I think hes trying to say that devs give preferential treatment to Youtube whores and Twitch cunts. Said cunts can claim that you were streamsniping if you kill them and can get you banned.

>can hack using cheat engine
>game is full of BRs and underage faggots

Is this the actual depths of the barrel PUBG fans are going to now? to actually think spending money =/= competitive?

This again is you throwing shit at the wall and expecting it to stick; people who have been banned for SSing deserved it.

Yes except that's complete and utter conjecture cobbled together out of failed memes and parroted by morons

TF2 is free and has a similar artstyle, and also costs money to be competitive.

> Can hack using cheat engine
> Get banned the second you press SPACE when leaving the bus

we're talking about FORTNITE not PUBG.

>DGAF about how it compares to PUBG
Why though? It's impossible to be worse than PUBG.

How does that relate to anything

I've seen an aimbotter while playing Fortnite, hacking is just as bad as PUBG.

The original faggot claiming that turned out to be a lying jew. He kept until he would land in their games, then when he got banned for it he whined to reddit.

Guess you would only know the reddit side of the story for obvious reasons.

fortnite is better solely because pubg REFUSES TO BAN THE BILLIONS OF CHINK HACKERS

my first fucking pubg game had a chinaman clipped into a mountain.

I picked it up and it's pretty fun in squads
Not a huge fan of playing solo either this or pubg

Started playing this week, more fun than I thought it would be. And a game where devs are actually making good changes is a breath of fresh air. I was having problems getting used to building but it's way easier now. My only complaint is that it needs a "last weapon used" binding.

*pays for epic weapon skines*
sweet now im competitive

Free games have a trade off where you need to spend money to be competitive. Fortnite is no different. PUBG doesn't have this tradeoff since you have an upfront fee.

They are two completely different games... come on man you gotta step up your argument here.

You could turn around and say football is technically free but costs money to be competitive, or eating, or anything.

the point you are trying to make is moot; hell I don't even know why I'm wasting my time.

That's not even FN, that's PUBg
Why can't people who don't know anything about a think but the memes they picked up from equally ignorant mongs just shut the fuck up instead of thinking their input is valued by anyone but other mongs who are looking for new shit to parrot in an endless quest to fill their boring lives with drama

I gotta screenshot this because the absolute state of PUBG fans right now...

>Point you are trying to make is moot
who?

But that's wrong
Where did you even get that from

I started playing a few weeks ago and lots of stuff I had issues with has been patched already
bretty gud devs
Helps that they have a more or less finished game to build upon

Your comments did not indicate fortnite or PUBG, nor was it indicated via inference. Your statement is so generic it applied more for the other game than your own.

You faggot.

>Fortnite blows PUBG out of the water so frequently ">muh small dev team" becomes the de facto response
>rubberbanding, afk bots, and random d/c's STILL in PUBG
>f-free is all you have over pubg!!!
When low graphic setting is all it takes to ez mode your game, you know its time to move on

(You)

>Every game depends purely on chest drop rng

>Half the game you run around cutting down trees.

>The game has multiple well known unpatched exploits and thats not even counting the actual cheaters that number in thousands.

>Every game ends with people sniping each other from wooden towers.

>High level players actively oppose skill based matchmaking for the 3+ Million players of this game.

I've never seen a shooter that was so completely shit yet so popular.

>his game.
>thread is about Fortnite
>original comment specifically mentions "this game"
>lmao you didn't indicate which gaem pls rape my face for I am a retard
off yourself

wut

List the exploits.

Pubg without a doubt, fortnite comically slow player moovement is unbearable and the shooting is complete shit, the building is a retarded mechanic on top, pubg has a shitload of flaws but fortnite is so shit its mindblowing.

Imagine being BTFO by a free side gamemode of an unreleased game that is already making the devs enough money.

Nigger I'm not here to Google shit for you.

LETS SAY Battlefield Royale is a thing, and its basically PUBG with better mechanics, MUCH better netcode, gates chinks off to their own shitty version of the game, and isn't pay to win in any way.

Would you play it if you had to use the shitty origin launcher?

>all this hatred and xenophobia for the Chinese
Fuck off back to

>make claim
>ask for evidence
>lol i'm not telling u

>>Every game depends purely on chest drop rng
what
>>Half the game you run around cutting down trees.
1 minute of three whacking gets you about 300 wood, which is enough to spam shit until you kill some fags and take their 999 wood
>>The game has multiple well known unpatched exploits
>>Every game ends with people sniping each other from wooden towers.
No it actually ends with some scrub sitting on a tower trying to snipe the squad of bloodthirsty guys building up to ram a shotgun up his ass

>you get literally no cosmetics if you want to play for free
>buy our jew pass goy!
Is it worth buying the battle pass for the cosmetics? Is the game actually fun enough to stick with it? Which queue mode is the best

PUBG isn't free and it isn't a side gamemode, where are you getting your information?

it's not xenophobia. it's a legitimate problem.

region lock would fix it.

nigga what

He meant Fortnite, it's just a sidemode for their 'save the world' shit.

Battle pass is better than fucking lootboxes to get cosmetics.

nope never installing origin again, plus all dice makes sucks

I have enough fun with the game to drop the 10 bucks for this season
You essentially buy it once and then it pays for itself

Latency lock, it's a better PR move while achieving the same thing.

explain the building aspect

why do you build stuff, and what can you build.

Honestly at this point it's the other way around, they even mention BR first in the launcher

>tfw own a Slim

building is used for both movement and to create shields, it's where the real skill ceiling in the game lies.

Three tiers of building materials - wood, bricks and metal. You use them to build improvised outposts, bridges and towers. To get them, you have to destroy the environmental objects like trees or walls.

It's definitely the bigger draw compared to their grind simulator with poor tower defense gameplay.

PUBG added a "loose" cap on latency - if you can't get a game for a while, it'll eventually ignore your request and toss you in a bad ping one anyway.

Of course. I play the STW mode once in a while and it's basically like "MGSV's base building except with MGSV's fun gameplay, also instead of fultoning you pay for lootboxes". It's fucking terrible.

The thing is that they're starting to de-jew it so Battle Royale people actually want to play it. They already added the gold store with purchasable heroes and upgrade materials for upgrading heroes and followers.

so is early game a "farm materials" part of the game?

I guess farming mats would leave you open otherwise

I guess that's fair compared to paid titles now. I just finished installing it though so I'll have to play a bit to even see if I want to get cosmetics for this game. Not sure if I should try solo or squads

Wood, bricks, metal, found in the world and obtained by whacking things such as trees with your pickaxe
You can instantly build walls, ramps, floors and roofs, you can also customize them like making a spiralling ramp, a door into your wall and stuff, it's all really quick
You build shit for positioning mostly, to get uphill, to access a mountain, to protect yourself against shots, tons of applications
Buildings can be destroyed, they take a while to build fully with wood being fastest but weakest at max, metal being slowest but strongest at max
Seems gay at first because you see everyone just spamming shit, but once you played a few rounds it's pretty smooth and it adds quite a lot of depth, tons of positioning potential

>>High level players actively oppose skill based matchmaking for the 3+ Million players of this game.
As someone who doesn't enjoy being saddled with dead weight every single match because they're on a losing streak and the game expects me to win for them to maintain their 50% winrate, skill based matchmaking ruins fun. Keep this shit out of non-ranked game modes.

If you get a few kills on players you can pick up their shit and usually have more than enough by the time you need it to build.

People complaining about people jumping around like h1z1 and pubg didn't start that trend. Not as many people are jumping faggots in fortnite luckily

I usually like ranked, but in this game I find the clusterfuck to be more fun
You never know if your next encounter is some scrub who can barely build a wall, or a MGL pr0 who shits out a tower in two seconds flat and headshots your entire squad

>so is early game a "farm materials" part of the game?
Precisely. Speed and prioritizing the material tiers are a must.

how do encounters work out? do people spam walls? or is it best to shoot first

I kinda want this game to succeed but shilling like that is just disgusting.

It takes no time at all, really
Buldings cost 10 units a pop, felling a tree takes like 1 second for 30 wood
So you take a half a minute to a minute whacking trees while you run to the zone or whatever and you have enough for a while. And then you kill the guys that have killed a few other guys, get all the compounded resources, and you have 999 of everything which is enough for the game