New Game+ problems in JRPGs

Why is it that games like Persona 5 doesn't let you keep all of your items, experience and levels when you start a New Game +, making you grind all the way back to the point you were, but a B-Tier game like Conception II does? Why are modern JRPGs afraid of doing something that Chronno Trigger allowed you decades ago?

Persona 5 New game plus lets you carry over equipment, money, social link items, skill cards, persona compendium and social stats.
Essentially, you only have to regain levels.

So, I think you are fucking retarded

Not being able to carry over levels while also having to follow the in-game calendar mechanic is awful if you just want to get the story bits done. i already grinded and trained for levels once, why should I do it again, even if I have to limit myself to the "Easy" difficulty?

So you ignore the fact that you got everything else wrong?
If you have the end game equipment and end game personas, you do not have to try for ANYTHING, just go through the motions.
Expecting to completely skip over the fucking format of the game (go through the calendar and events), just watch a fucking youtube video.
Like holy shit, what do you even expect?

what's the point of NG+ if it's not going to be even remotely challenging?

>playing the inferior 3ds version of Conception II
Are you homosexual?

I just want to breeze through the game to play the many story-related things I may have missed in my fist playthrough.

>buying a vita for a shitty B-tier game

If you cannot breeze through the game with endgame equipment and personas, you are fucking retarded.

I'm talking about the PC version which has dual audio.

If the game is actually fun you'll want to play from a fresh save file because strategizing for each battle is enjoyable. New game + is a dumb feature for filthy casuals.
By the way, chrono trigger sucks

Even if character level doesnt transfer over in P5 NG+, persona levels do.

Having a level 80+ persona from your NG file carry over pretty much trivialises the next playthrough from that fact alone.

>Why are modern JRPGs afraid of doing something that Chrono Trigger allowed you decades ago?

Because it's a dumb idea that just makes the game easier instead of expanding your tactical options on your second play-through. Chrono Trigger used it to lock basically all of the alternate endings behind replays instead of actually giving you meaningful choice off the bat, which is disgusting in the first place.

>caring about a fifth rate knockoff of a second rate series that much
It's almost as shitty as Mind Zero.

Dual audio is a modern autistic weeb meme. I can't imagine even caring.

>If the game is actually fun you'll want to play from a fresh save file because strategizing for each battle is enjoyable.

This is exactly why Dark Souls should have reset your stats on replay and not given you extra souls (the "Soul of" items are also vastly under powered in the first place as they were designed with the original balance that gave you one quarter of the souls dropped per enemy the game does now). It's way more fun to pick a new class and try to acquire all your stuff with tougher enemies than just start with all your old stuff.

>3dsfag

I can sort of see this given how much better vidya voice acting is to the typical anime dub, but Persona just feels so wrong without Jap voices.

Can someone explain what the appeal of NG+ is to begin with?

>oh boy let's replay this game I've already beaten except this time let me be OP as fuck and remove all challenge!

That's exactly why everyone's shitting on OP. NG+ is a generally terrible idea as its just worse than having difficulty settings in general, even unlockable ones.

>being this much of a seething hyper weeb over muh language muh annie may is in
Sorry my main mong but I have every gen 7/8 handheld and console except Bone and I PC game. I'm an everythingbutBonedag. Being a kahnsohl wohriur is also for weebs.

New game + always ruins the game anyway. You had tons of fun in the main game and got really invested in everything. Now you overwrite those memories with shallow as fuck cheating gameplay and just skipping trough everything, just wanting to get to the parts you may have missed.

I have literally never played new game plus in my favorite game Resident Evil 4, because it's just boring as fuck. I rather do the opposite and do a challenge run.

You can undub on 3DS too you mongrel

Difficulty is usually ramped up in ng+ dood

>play SMTIVA on the second highest difficulty
>have a blast
>want to play Apocalypse difficulty
>pick NG+ and don't transfer anything
>you can install all the insanely good apps that give you more skill slots than usual early on
>but this difficulty tacks on a -100 agility penalty and you miss all the time

On one hand I want to do it fresh, but on the other hand fuck this bullshit.

On one hand you could make such cool shit with new game plus but there is literally no game where the potential is used. Why even bother to add something cool at literally after the game ends when most people won't even get that far.

Yeh and it still looks like dogshit thanks to the low graphical settings.