Why on earth aren't you hype?

Why on earth aren't you hype?

Because it comes out in 2020 or something and nu-Blizzard WILL manage to fuck it up somehow.

It's a used up slut pretending to be a virgin.

i'll be hype when its actually off the ground.

because it will be fun for like a month, maybe 3, but after that it will be shit and die because its not a new game. It won't last us years like it did before because we already know the content, we know how to play better, and the old fanbase that made the community great has all grown up so those special friends you made that made the amazing won't be there to stay up till 3 am with you on vent.

Why on Earth would I be?

This shit came out back when I was in high school and I didn't play it back then because it was a filthy casualized memefest hellhole.

because i already played it 13 years ago

The community made the original game, as time has gone by the community has changed. You can't go back, you literally can't.

Suck my dick you chink

>You think you do b-but you don't
You fags never learn, do you? I look forward to reading the
>Why the fuck is this shit so popular Sup Forums
threads by (You)

>because it was a filthy casualized memefest hellhole

Okay, you fit in user, no need to overuse buzzwords

Because i already got to 60 on Elysium (before the shitstorm) and realised that i hate the endgame.

Private servers have proven that the gameplay engenders the community. As long as they don't casualize anything or add """""QoL""""", the """"community"""" will return.

i was 10 when vanilla came out and i wasn't able to play how i wanted to due to crappy internet, and strict parents.

I got to play vanilla servers pretty hardcore from 17-21 from scriptcraft to emerald dream to nostalrius. I'm now 23 and my life is becoming more and more busy to the point where i'm unsure if i will never be able to commit to an MMO like i did back in my very early adulthood so i feel like i was too young to play real vanilla and too old to play classic. It fucking sucks.
At least nost was a fucking amazing experiences

Pardon the language, but WoW really does deserve it.

I played it when it came out which jesus does that ever make me feel old.

I also played Elysium when that came out and enjoyed it but ultimately came to terms with my nostalgia and can't have all of my friends playing WoW with me in my living room again like when we were 15.

I don't play regular WoW because it's a fucking shitpile that you can ask in any thread and get the answers as to why. I won't pay to play "classic" WoW because I've already experienced it twice. Also it will be hosted by the people perpetuating the current shitpile of WoW so I have zero faith in their ability to execute even their own game.

There are no current MMOs that are getting me excited. While I like the concept I'm just not going to open my wallet for it.

>elysium
Meant Nostralrius, read anons post above and the word snafu'd into my head.

>implying it will happen any time soon
>implying it won't be full of Blizzard's micro-transaction features
>implying it will be authentic vanilla WoW and not some chopped version of the current era game
>implying it will have the original models/sounds/voice, and not use the new assets
>implying it won't have the GPS map features, dungeon/raid queuing and teleportation
>implying this isn't a sad attempted to get users to purchase this in hopes of nostalgia
>private servers have proven time and time again that we can handle this way better than Blizzard, but they always send a cease and desist to any community that gains traction

Theres not much to talk about

It's gonna suck

Early Lineage 2 > early WoW. Too bad L2 went to complete shit after c6 and basically ceased to exist, while WoW was always good or, at least, decent. So, if i would like to play something like WoW classic i would play L2 classic instead.

I got into WoW very late (WoD) and am way too jaded and low-energy to get into something as time-consuming as Classic WoW nowadays.

Because I was in my twenties when wow came out and was bored to fucking tears with it when tbc arrived.
Classic wow was dogshit compared to today's games.
You're going to be horribly disappointed

because I already know how it will be, the best thing about vanilla was the community, here we will have casuals crying because there's no queues for 5-man (that is, if blizzard doesn't put it in) and the other will be pseudo "veterans" who will rant over and over on how they were "here before" and if you're not happy "lol git gud, go back to bfa lol"
it will be terrible and the players will crush it themselves

Because its not the original, it will stil have built in quest helper and shit

L2 was always shittier than wow.
Its just that EVERYONE and their mothers played it in the balkans,spain,russia and huehueland. Also i already have a couple chars on LH and K3 opens next month. If i want to play C6 for some retarded reason other than wanting to be forced to multibox or never get gear past C,theres no server. They always open one and everyone rushes to get S grades and then they pvp for a couple weeks and then they wipe the server on purpose because there is nothing to do.

>L2 was always shittier than wow.
t. wowtoddler who couldn't handle anything harder than drinking or eating after couple of mobs

>playing mmos in 2018

I didn't even bother to play wow until last year.
What are you on?
>Grinding > Questing
>No reason to ever explore the world
>You are forced to multibox with a 2nd account to craft gear
>Auction house is a joke no one uses
>Clan wars were meaningless and we only bothered when it was siege day
>All skills of every class are useless after leveling up a couple times
>at 80 you only use 4 of you 60 spells
>You can macro f1+f2+f3+f4 and you will never have to press a 2nd button
>To this day and age i still have no fucking clue about the lore/story since the game itself encouraged you to ignore it and just farm dvc or pi
>heroes were always fucking decided upon which clan has the most bots
i can keep going if you want

It's weird to me now to see young adults being nostalgic for things they played as children that came out when I was the age they are now.

>no news
>no new information
>already been told it won't be ready this year
Why the fuck are you hype OP?

Its not nostalgia even if no one admits it.
Vanilla wow is just the superior MMO. I played Lineage 1 and 2 as a kid and i wouldnt never buy into classic when it launches on the other hand i tried wow for 6 months and now i cant wait for K3.

The MMO genre is in desperate need of innovation

The mmo genre needs to go the way if rts

What character are you going to play?

I'm going to play a Dwarf Rogues whos name is going to be Verycooldude.

Because I don't have any friends to play it with today.

>blizzard post d2 and vanilla wow
I'm good thanks

We already got shit like Darkfall Online and they failed miserably. TESO also isnt doing good. Basically when something isnt a korean fapfest like BDO or a chinese attempt at ripping off wow it fails because people don't want innovation.

they will ruin it

>random world quests in zones

>Grinding > Questing
L2 grinding yes. It's the only game that had such satisfying grind
>No reason to ever explore the world
Implying wow had. In wow you explored where your quests sent you, in l2 you explored whete were good spots to exp
>You are forced to multibox with a 2nd account
Multiboxes, bots and chinese sellers ruind l2, that's true
>Auction house is a joke no one uses
There was no ah, dumbshit. Now i know that you never played l2 prior god or when was it introduced
>Clan wars were meaningless and we only bothered when it was siege day
Wtf are you talking about? Clan wars are used to kill other clans for securing objectives, spots or raid-bosses
>All skills of every class are useless after leveling up a couple times
The only classes with useless skills in open world were gladiator and tyrant
>at 80 you only use 4 of you 60 spells
And archers haven't used them at all, what's your point?
>You can macro f1+f2+f3+f4 and you will never have to press a 2nd button
You could macro entire rotation in wow to a single button. I'm not going to even start about autodispell through movement in vanilla
>To this day and age i still have no fucking clue about the lore/story since the game itself encouraged you to ignore it and just farm dvc or p
That's because you are retarded
>heroes were always fucking decided upon which clan has the most bots
Upsets happened. But yeah, as i said, bots ruined l2

Tarren Mill and Southshore world PvP were definitely the best times I've had because it naturally occured and snowballed into a giant fight.

I don't have the time to invest

Because the whole project depends on what kind of decisions the team working on it will make.

What patch they choose, will they make any changes etc.

Why on earth are you shilling?

trump is a fucking clown.

Is he right Sup Forums?

It'll probably be like Runescape Classic when they add features from the modern game until it#s no longer a replication of the old game.

Unless they change quest objectives and some minor plot points, bring actual mechanics and do a slight balance tweak, I'll stick to my retail and wacky private servers

>satisfying grind
Opinion discarded right there.
>In wow you explored where your quests sent you
or to mine,or fish or get some new quests from there because the wilderness wasnt an empty mob infested void of nothing
>There was no ah
I dare you download C6 get on a server and look at the caravan in Giran. Tell me what the fuck that is
>The only classes with useless skills in open world were gladiator and tyrant
So you be sayin...
That necros use ANYTHING that is not vampiric claw,death spike or vortex or gloom past 40 level. Or that adventurers use anything thats not deadly blow,bluff or backstab

Thanks for the laugh
>And archers haven't used them at all
You said it yourself. The classes in this game are boring and everything can be played by a 5 year old autist
>That's because you are retarded
ad hominem

L2 was trash. But it was better than other trash you could play for free back then. Remove the goggles and stop being in denial.

I AM HYPE

>dare you download C6 get on a server and look at the caravan in Giran. Tell me what the fuck that is
>Freeshard fag

That necros use ANYTHING that is not vampiric claw,death spike or vortex or gloom past 40 level. Or that adventurers use anything thats not deadly blow,bluff or backstab
How many useful abilities had wow classes?

Would be fun if after 3 years you could upgrade to BC, then Wotlk after that again... and then start all over again

Do most people actually want the pure vanilla experience? It's pretty boring by modern standards.

I think the reasons you give are why it might actually succeed.

Around the time I and others stopped playing WoW, it was because life got in the way. Some of us were starting school, some of us were starting jobs, some of us were starting families. It'll be fun to be able to come back in, pick it up and play through content we know, because it won't be stressful.

As long as Blizzard doesn't rape it with changes, or charge the same as regular WoW for it, I'm pretty sure it'll do okay.

>3 years
What? Do you want Naxx to run for a fucking year? Have fun with dead servers.

There is no way in hell Blizzard will ever open a server that has no access to its cash shop. No fucking way. I will eat my fucking shoes on live stream if they do. You won't be getting classic. Its going to be a cursed monkey's paw version of classic. If you look inside yourselves you know this is true.

I'd be more hype if it wasn't for the community. There are way too many people claiming no one is going to play this for more than a month and ignoring that private vanilla servers are a thing and people regularly play on them, and the good ones get a C&D from Blizzard.

No one will be entirely happy with that they do

>or to mine,or fish or get some new quests from there because the wilderness wasnt an empty mob infested void of nothing
You explored half of low-level locations for a 1st profession quest. You explored almost all mid-level locations for a 2nd profession marks. But you'll never knew that since you only played on freeshards with everything for 1a in gmshop and a
>the caravan in Giran

Because vanilla was shit, far more hype for playable Zandalari.

Because they're still going to charge a subscription fee for it.

>How many useful abilities had wow classes
last time i played a holy paladin and a bm hunter
I had to use the entire bar and also clicked some abilities on the upper row depending on what i needed. No skill has proven useless yet. Sure i might delay buying something because gold is hard to come by pre 40 but thats another matter.

Are you fucking retarded? Even 2nd profession quests in L2 had the "optimal" places to farm them. Hell.. 3rd quest at 76 was only do-able in Ketra because Varka droprates were shit

But the newer models are better, user

>holy paladin and a bm hunter
No one played them in vanilla, stop lying. As paladin you had one button for buff, as hunter you autoshotted all day long.

You are literally retarded.

Being an adult is, "There are too many fucking sidequests I'm never gonna finish this game" and I never play it again

>No one played them in vanilla
t.trust me im an oldfag
>as hunter you autoshotted all day long
and when they got within melee range of you i suppose you accepted your fate and just died. Ok,thanks for clarifying that you're indeed retarded.

It's gonna lauch 2024, on 20th anniversary. Print screen this post.

wow that valid point actually changed my train of thought. I could never come up with a counter argument to such wisdom. Thanks for changing my life user.

I bet "the community" changes their minds in a couple years,some faggots say something along the lines of "current wow is amazing and we'd rather blizzard on focusing on this" and classic never happens.

But you are retarded. You literally don't know anything about early l2, your freeshard experience means jack shit. Places to farm? Almost every fucking quest mob for marks inhabited small patch of land and you couldn't choose "optimal" spot because there was an one fucking spot with this particular spot.

>nobody played a Holy Paladin in Vanilla

Vanilla WoW was never a "filthy casualized memefest hellhole"

Nobody played from the standpoint of
>entire bar and also clicked some abilities on the upper row depending on what i needed.

>implying I'm still 15 with hours of time to waste

Name a better world pvp spot in vanilla

Because I hate WoW

some people should just be jailed for degeneracy

Still not classic.

Hype for what? Ages old content I farmed to hell and back with my guildmates, who most likely moved on and don't play anymore? What made Vanilla great for me were the people I played with. Things change and it will never be the same again. I intend to keep Classic in my memories and never play it again.

>freeshard experience
you keep repeating this even though i already said thats wrong. Are you trying to be an asshole or are you plain stupid? L2 is a fucking mediocre game and you can find online tons of fucking info on top of what i already said to back that up. Now fuck off since this is a wow thread and you've proven to be a nutjob already. No one cares about your biased opinion and out the ass arguments. Good day.

>no info
>no release date
where's the hype again?

You are the community you dickhead. Just because you're a boring fuck on the mic or in game doesn't mean everyone else is or has to be.

>you keep repeating this even though i already said thats wrong.
>Giran caravan
>Not a freeshard

i don't get the point of it

>hes still here
wow
they didnt lie when they said krpg fags are autistic

I actually reckon that blizzard will actually pull it off near-perfectly, and the only whining will be by autists/contrarians

(though personally I'm not interested in it since I didn't like vanilla that much)

>the only whining will be Sup Forums*

fuck off shill

I already played it 14 fucking years ago. It was only fun while new players were joining. Now it will be filled with shitlords and tryhards, i.e. the worst player base imaginable.
I mean, just think about that for a second. All the fucktards who spent weeks grinding pvp titles will be a major part of the base. It was already hard enough to meet cool people in the game when it came out, but now literally ALL those people will be gone.
Remember that shitty guild leader you had who you and all your WoW friends put up with because he organized raids and none of you wanted to bother starting your own guild? That will now be every fucking person you meet.

For christ's sake. Just let it die. WoW never took any sort of skill like other games from the same era. The only fun was exploring and finding new gear and shit and talking to people.

>WoW never took any sort of skill like other games from the same era
Id like some examples
>The only fun was exploring and finding new gear and shit and talking to people.
That was the most fun part. It got ruined since now 80% of the population just speaks chinese in private servers and they are there not to play but because its their job. Classic hopefully can fix that.

Why don't you just let go of WoW Sup Forums? its beyond dead at this point in terms of value to you. I've played WoW for 13 years and I finally realized how much time I wasted on it.

People have invested too much to let go

CS came out in like 1999. There's one example that's still around.
Once people learned about BiS gear and optimized rotations any skill factor the game had was severely diminished. You really can't argue this. PvP was just a game of rock paper scissors, and raids were just a chore to get 40 warm bodies online at the same time.

why would they bother making it, if it has all the problems you mentioned? blizzard aren't THAT stupid, are they?

I can already play vanilla wow on private servers.

Look at the fucking lore.

Is Blizzard capable to do a good game again, or did they lose the touch?

Actually it was, it's why it got so popular in first place.