I miss d&d games

I miss d&d games

Other urls found in this thread:

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/lord-terror-diablo-campaign
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Me 2

>i miss one of the shittiest RPG systems in existence applied to videogames

Goddamn, AD&D had some great settings. Too bad the faggots killed them all off and kept the generic shit ones.

I always wanted to experience pen and paper D&D, but I guess my friend group wasn't geeky enough.

there's always tabletop sim or Divinity Original Sin 2's Gm mode

>tfw playing through the NWN1 Diablo remake with Tome of Battle classes

Not really the same is it

woah what

Is archery in NWN really as shit as they say? I want to make a cleric using zen archery. And yeah, I'm starting with Shadows of Undrentide.

>>>/reddit/

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/lord-terror-diablo-campaign
+
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35

It sucks really, really badly, but if you want to do it Cleric is your best option.

>"Is archery shit?"
>in a game without reliable frontline

You tell me.

obsidian like basically still makes them

They should have never abandoned the Infinity Engine. They were comfy as fuck. The stale and trist look of NWN really killed it for me.

Fuck me, but now I want to see it through. Who the fuck actually thought that basing a DnD campaign around creating only one character was a good idea? At least in Baldurs Gate you get new companions and in Icewind Dale you have the chance to go nuts with a whole party. This is why I have such a hard time being engaged with the character creator in this game, just playing a normal fighter or mage dude doesn't excite me.

At least as a cleric I won't be compeletly helpless in close combat and I will use the animal domain to summon strong creatures.

Infinity Engine games*

I want /tg/ to leave

how is Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

What's a good game to get started with if I'm interested in these types of games, but don't have a background in D&D rulesets?

it should be about role playing not gaming, come on bra

The first Baldurs Gate might be a good starting point, because that game keeps it fairly low-level.

Anything that isn't ToEE or KotC.

pretty good but not really comparable to the other BG games, play with a friend if you can

>play with a friend
I dont have friends

So I heard that NWN: EE will have support for modules from previous versions.

i started with nwn2 when i was like 14. it was overwhelming, but even such retardinho like me back then was able to almost finish this game fucking bug prevented me from leaving certain location and i fucked up with saves and didnt know about commands

and its not really as bad as people say. it may laxk in areas of plot, characters and role-play, but fighting is fun unless overuse rest, then its too easy.

The roleplay in 2 is...interesting. I really liked the Court section where your party members who have a high relation with you and certain skills raised correctly will speak in your defense

So this is how a clinically retarded person writes.

yeah court segment is definitely a highlight of nwn2

the most underrated post in this thread

>tfw dislike baldurs gate 1 and 2 because I find it too hard to manage my party

How tf do you do combat encounters with so many people and some walk slow and others walk fast

Just play with a smaller party? BG2 in particular gets easier the less people you have in your party

Literally the only thing I remember about the game was that some arrogant faggot couldn't keep his mouth shut during the court segment

>send the muscle on the spellcaster
>have cleric do turn undead or spam heals/removals
>mage does the magic

Not that convulted really unless you're fighting some bullshit caster

they are not the same... there is something about systems made by Nu-bsidian that repulses me

pause the game

I fully expect it to not be compatible with anything I actually care about despite that claim.

But that isn't fun

I have much more fun in Planescape torment or the fallouts

2nd Edition D&D had so many video games made using it and the mechanics are pretty bad. They work in pen and paper because there's a DM to balance things, but in a videogame, it's bad.

When will someone make a mod for Baldur's Gate that turns the combat into turn based tactics like FFT/XCOM?

>you'll never play d&d in real life
>tfw no friends

I wouldn't worry about it. Pen and paper games bring out the worst in people. They're almost as bad as mobas.

The first BG is a fucking death trap to anyone playing it for the first time without knowledge of AD&D rule basics, and meta for the game as well
Especially due to being low level, as that only means you get raped by wolves, bears, shit that you'd easily kill in the average RPG
Then there's spiders with per second draining poison, ghasts with paralyze on hit, basilisks and their petrification etc

That's a good thing, you don't want your friend to be your GM because you won't want to call their faggot ass out for pulling
>That DM
tier shit.

Maybe it's you and not the game that brings out the worst in people. The people I play with are fun and friendly.

You're probably an INTP then.

We all do :(

stop

MBTI is based on Jung, cuh.

Jung is a second rate psychologist with a third rate oedipus complex

Freud is a cuck

This. Infinity Engine games had great combat, world design, quests etc but there's nothing special about DnD RPG system itself.
I'm surprised that Obsidian managed to come up with something so much worse (although essentially same) in PoE.

Once I drop my pants youre gonna feel some penis envy faggots

FOR THE FALLEN!

What's a good book on psychoanalysis? Preferably on subconscious and all that shit.

Dark Sun is sick cool

Yes, oh omnipresent authority figure?

>real time with pause
Has there ever been a more terrible combat system?

We'll never get another game set on Athas.

Then again, so much things have changed since the days of 2e, it's probably for the better.

Hamanu > all

pause with no real-time

Yes, see The Witcher 3

you are not alone

Mount & Blade

if you pay i can kinkystart something

it was great in the beginning but as you went through the capital levels it started to drag

>this fucking inn

the first time i got ass fucked

If you have more fun in torment's combat than BG2 then i genuinely don't know what is wrong with you but whatever it is, im sorry.

i was like you 3-4 years ago, i completed BG1 then went str8 up to bg2. DESU SENPAI just play bg2. Bg1 is fun but its really archaic and the writting is subpar compared to bg2

Just play neverwinter :^)

t. /tg/

I just like grabbing all my guys and right clicking on the enemies.

Also the companions in Planescape are a lot more interesting

The QTE-fest that is the 'initiative'-based continuous battle system in some jRPGs.
Also
>RTwP
>terrible
literal pleb-tier.

NWN/NWN2 aren't bad.

>those fucking custom portraits

Unironically, turn based.

that was my first experience of playing BG

>going south
>fighting ogres and hobgoblins on the way
>the roads have become so dangerous
>it starts raining and thundering
>it slowly gets dark
>finally reach Nashkell by nightfall
>low on health, everybody is exhausted
>good god, an inn, lets rest!
>get assassinated like fuck

my mind was blown on the scope and sheer feeling of adventure of it all. sealed my everylasting for wester crpgs