Why is Borderlands 1 still the best of the series?

Why is Borderlands 1 still the best of the series?

Because dumping 20 magz into some bullet sponge boss with an annoying voice to get a gun with green letters that is slightly better than mine gets pretty old pretty quick

How bad are the rest of the of the games? Because 1 was bland and boring as fucking shit.

I havent played pre-sequel, but 2 was the same fucking thign with somewhat different environments and a few extra classes. Boring grind didn't go anywhere.

You didn't even get to the meat of BL2's issues unless you played past level 50.

They're all shit though

They were all pretty terrible, but at least the setting in the pre-sequel was better than the others

Because 2 was a fucking broken mess with cringe dialog. TPS was the best one for me

>tfw I unironically love BL2
I always feel like a shitter. I do hate the dialogue and writing though, that shit's unredeemable. I play with dialogue on mute and no subtitles.

installed BL1 rn
which class should i play?

Mordecai

I played 1 when it came out on the PS3. I found it boring and grindy. I didn't play 2 until 2016, along with the pre-sequel. 2 has some grindy spots (once you reach Lynchwood and go to Opportunity), but it's more fun than the first. I like the shitload of DLC, even though some are pretty short. The humor and writing is grating though. The Pre-sequel fixes the jump and movement issues by introducing slams. It's a shorter game but pretty well balanced in terms of content. The writing is a little better too. The oxygen mechanic is weird because it basically adds a new bar to keep track of and that's it. They could have just stapled on a random second healthbar and had the same effect. And once you get a good Oz kit, it doesn't really affect much. Claptastic Voyage DLC is fun since you revisit some parts of BL1 and 2, and the glitch weapons can be fun. Ice weapons better be in BL3.

>grinding in borderlands
explain

It really isn't. Has the most boring quests ever, most without dialogue and just walls of text like this one. Guns don't feel very different to one another. Talents are quite lame, abilities even lamer. Loot system starts getting too generous based on character level. You also face the same types of enemies over and over, mostly clearing bandit camps to the point where you know their taunts off by heart. DLC is also quite weak and a genuine pain to traverse with only one fast travel point. Finally, there's a serious lack of variety to the environments.

2 fixes all of these problems but introduces new ones like enemy scaling issues.

Even if you're a completionist and do all the side-quests, you eventually hit a difficulty wall, which is really just the enemies suddenly becoming bigger bullet sponges. Even if you constantly upgrade your weapons, you'll find your guns just don't do enough damage as they did one quest ago and your health/shields don't last as long. So you can go back and grind bosses for higher level gear or just grind to level up some more and get more skills to help you out. Once you get over the hump, it's gets easy again for a while until you hit the next bump.

it didn't try too hard. a simple game with mad max environment, barebone story, and not in your face humor. the gameplay was basic and weapons felt good b/c of linear scaling. complaints about getting an op gun while leveling are insignificant b/c you should be trying to hit endgame and farming that gear.

bl2 has many improvements, but the amount of shit that doesn't work endgame is frustrating. i always play the game on mute. scaling aside, gearbox didn't bother balancing the weapons. the community patch fixes it though.

I got 2 cause I wanted a single player shooter. The game was never balanced for it though, you'll ether have a good gun and clear objectives, rinse wash repeat. Or slog through shit to get to an unbeatable boss. Only saving grace is you're +4% medals carry through, so each new game gets a littler easier. Never beat it though.

Claptrap had the smallest role

Are you really all that fucking bad? I thought when you guys mentioned grinding you were talking end game shit. Holy fuck

I remember the the last part of last DLC in borderland 1 where they added new 5 levels. All the enemies practically one shotted me while i had to use sniper rifle and land solid ~7 headshots to kill while my best sniper rifle had only 6 rounds magazine...

Then i just downloaded trainer because obviously something went wrong.

B1 is only good before you get to the cars, after that any atmosphere of desert shithole and the feel of being a fucking nobody disappears and you literally stop caring about all the shit going on

i find that hard to believe. bl1 was never seemed that difficult to me. the shittiest part of the game was mad mel, but he drops easily with well paced corrosive betties.

Poor man Deadpool.

>difficult
I picked soldier class because infinite (replenish over time) ammo looked like the best thing ever + increased magazine capacity. Whole game was easy apart from last dlc. I dont know what went wrong, maybe i was supposted to grind bosses for better weapons drops, but i were in every game location exactly ONCE, never looked back, only some sidequest made me revisit.

Practically i used the same weapons from lvl30 to lvl50 because in the rare case the weapon had tiny better damage, it had pisspoor firerate, tiny magazine and overall my dps would be even lower.

But then i have heard they finally fixed multiplayer, so i booted it up and joined one game. Sone dude spawned 9999 guns in a color quality i didnt even know existed before and guess what: they had like 4 times higher damage than all my weapons i used in end game. So either i was on bad side of rng jezus or played the game at the time period when you werent supposted to.

I don't mind BL2. It's fun for what it is. Having spawn rates of mixed parts on specific guns was cool in BL1. Handsome Jack is memorable.

Atmosphere, soundtrack, story and characters.

>most without dialogue and just walls of text like this one
This is exactly one of the reasons of why BL1 is better than 2 or Pre-Sequel.

Can we have one thread without an insecure manlet trying to make it a dick measuring contest? I know Sup Forums told you Borderlands was casual. I get it. But fighting bullet sponges and getting random weapon drops have nothing to do with skill. You point a gun and shoot, in the head or critical spot preferably. That's the skill and it's easy to do. But when an enemy has a shitload of health, it doesn't matter, it's just a waiting game. And when you may or may not have been lucky enough to get good weapons, it's about chance.

I played BL2 for over 100 hours with Salvador and got maybe 4 or 5 gold rarity weapons. And that was after level 50. I played until about level 25 with Zero and got the same amount of gold items from drops. The golden rarity items have better perks and last a bit longer than a blue or purple rarity. I don't know where skill comes into play with opening crates the right way.

The atmosphere and music

this is bait

Because it was more tongue-in-cheek, rather than in your face like the games that followed it.

I feel ya on that. I missed the Bee shield fun early, but the drop rates are sp fucking bad that any interesting weapons will not appear until pure luck. Interestingly, the drop rates are Much better on Vita cause of the two player mode only

AINT NO PLACE FOR THE WICKED