Online play is fucked

Online play is fucked.

In what way is it fucked? Is it connection issues, or the fact that you get matched with professional Puyo and Tetris players every time?

Connection issues.

It's p2p though. Does it drop before the match starts or during the match?

During most matches.

Fix yer internet.

Don't worry, PC version will fix that in a few days

I fucking knew somebody would say this. No, it's not my internet. If it was, I would have problems playing every other game online and not just Puyo Puyo Tetris, including Splatoon 2 (another Switch game).

Are you connected to the internet?

are your graphics card drivers up to date?
if it doesn't help reinstall windows

I'm playing on Switch.

bet you're pirating it
buy a game and everything will work fine

Really? That's all you can come to?
>lol i bet ur just pirating
Fuck off. I bought this shit in the Christmas sale and I'm pissed off that the online is shit. God this thread is the worst. Fuck you Sup Forums.

>playing online games on a Nintendo console
What did you expect?

Splatoon 2 is fine though. I knew this would happen. A bunch of fags would try and make jokes like this or people would say it's my fault for some reason.

were you expecting someone to magic your problem away

No, but I was expecting more than literal nothingness. Maybe somebody with a little bit of insight.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Never had any connection problems with this game. Your connection just sucks probably. If your router has a 5ghz band try switching to that.

Have you tried not being a fucking faggot?
Seriously, you just create a thread "doesn't work", don't explain shit that would help to resolve the issue quickly so when people make the usual guesses on what the problem might be, you get bitchy
>nu-uh it's not because of that I knew you fags have no idea about this shit my other game works fine

Bitch, fucking say so in the OP. How are we supposed to help if you just say "doesn't work. fix it"
I hope you're just underage and not (supposed to be) grown-up
Fuck off, you cunt.

>you just pirated it!
>did you try switching it on and off?
>are you sure you're connected to the internet?
>of course it doesn't work, it's a nintendo console!
These are just meme answers.
It does. I'll give that a go. Thanks.

Meme answers are all you deserve. You really do sound like an entitled kid, and a stupid one too if you thought that someone was actually accusing you of pirating a Switch game and not just trolling your shitty thread. If you're not a kid that makes it worse.

How's the Switch dpad? I can't tetris properly if the dpad a shit.

Four separate buttons honestly feels better than a dpad to me, at least for this game.

I love the joycons' dpad for this game. The pro controller dpad, not so much.

>If it was, I would have problems playing every other game online and not just Puyo Puyo Tetris, including Splatoon 2
That's wrong though. Splatoon 2 for example isn't p2p and does a lot of estimation to make it seem as if your gameplay experience is smoother than it actually is (so does Mario Kart 8 by the way). You can have an amazing experience playing that online and still have lots of issues in other games.

>Splatoon 2 is fine
I couldn't play this game for like three months because every match would be a disconnect. Switch's wifi is fucked.
For the most part, using a 5G connection fixes it, or at least it did for me. Using a wired connection probably does as well.

It's multiplat you pleb.

I'm not feeling the separate buttons, but I haven't yet tried it so I can't really judge it. So if it doesn't feel right to me, I guess those $25 8bitdo controllers would work.

Thanks.

>Not using 5ghz band
>Complains about shit WiFi
It's like you want to find things to complain about.

Again, if you make a thread "broken, fix it for me" and then get upset about some answers, you're just proving you're a faggot

Yes it is. But OP is talking about the switch version.

I specified my issue in the second post of the thread but people still came in trolling. Now finally people are giving proper answers which I'm appreciative of.
It's good. It's more the positioning of it that can lead to discomfort after playing for a while.
I'm connected to a connectivity booster. Will connecting directly to the router and using 5G make a difference?

The intention wasn't even "it's broken, fix it for me". It was to see if everyone had problems with the Switch version, and if not then I would search for through some kind of discussion.

>Will connecting directly to the router and using 5G make a difference?
It made a huge difference for me with other online switch games (specifically mhxx). Nintendo themselves suggest doing so on their troubleshooting website if you're having connection issues.

"Boosters" are designed for basic web activities, not games. You're adding a fucking ton of latency onto your connection, which will give you lots of drops.

Guess I'll do that then. Thanks.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind if I ever run into problems with online games on my Xbox and PS4. Cheers.

I've never had any connection problems with any other device that has come through my house, including other nintendo ones. The first Splatoon was usually kind of laggy thanks to playing against japs, but disconnections were a rare occurrence.

The problem is that where other consoles default to 5ghz, whereas the Switch is using the same automatic band switching your phone or tablet would use, and defaults to 2.4ghz for whatever reason. This is bad for games, as 2.4 is way too overcrowded with other web traffic nowadays.

Oh my fuck who cares get some friends to play with if it bothers you that much

>Describes a problem
>Someone explains why this is happening
>OMFG WHO CARES
Quit your whining faggot.

That was some other fag, new IP and everything, don't worry about it.

>pirating
>Switch
2/10

is it even possible?

Just use the newer ones, the dpad is lifted up on the newer ones so that the controller doesn't get register the input the wrong way anymore.

Try turning it off and on.