64 years later not a SINGLE good LotR game

>64 years later not a SINGLE good LotR game

Fuck outta here. Two towers was a great action game.

No

nigga RoTK on GBA and to a lesser extent on console was awesome.

What about return of the king? That was pretty fucking dope. It was basically shovelware in terms of quality but it played well.

BfME
also
>chocolate spilling everywhere
>comfy
whoever made this should be hanged

This

I also unironically enjoyed the third age for the game cube. All it needed was better enemy variety.

Your opinions are shit.
Your opinions are less shit.

I really liked LotRO
it was comfy, actually exploring the Shire and such

LotR is shit, The books are mediocre and the movies are some off the worst ever made.

> Le ebin messy = decadence maymay
Peasant and Plebian are trite and over-used so I'll call you... Pedestrian. Fucking pedestrian.

LotRO was a decently designed game. Too bad by MMORPG standards it ain't really that good
.You could be a little less obvious with your baiting.

>you have to lick the cups not to waste chocolate

anyone remember this shit?

Battle for Middle Earth 1-2
War of the Ring
Return of the King for PS2

This, reading lord of the rings fills you with a very particular emotion that none of the game ever captured. They focused more on the scenes of high action where the roaring theme would play in the movies not the quite reflection that permiates most of the books.

Ironically one of the games that captured the feeling of Tolkien's world best were the fucking lego ones.

SAY THAT TO MY FACE AND NOT IN THE SHIRE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Hot chocolate is always so fucking disappointing

Battle for Middle Earth 2 was great.
Two Towers was great.
War in the North was great.
Lego Lord of the Rings was fucking amazing.
Lord of the Rings Online was great.

It's had plenty of good games you fucking autist.

Actually the books are staples of the fantasy genre and influenced almost every fantasy story that came afterwards.
And the films are unironically some of the best cinema ever made, with massive production value, great attention to detail and intense passion from everyone involved with production.

>that sloppy mess
>perfect

>they focus on the battle scenes in the movies
One of the reasons I think Fellowship is the best. While Frodo is only half the focus of the books, his and Sam's story is by far the most important, thematically, for LoTR.

wasn't there a lotr rts game that was pretty good?

>annoying fucking booming and flashing outside
>living in some 3rd world shithole without indoor heating that you need wool condoms to stay warm
>being so fat that you drink chocolate
>watching the most boring trilogy ever filmed

WE GET IT
TED NASMITH WILL SUE US OUT OF EXISTENCE IF WE STEAL HIS WORK.

Someone tell Tolkien's family to be careful.

this and battle of middle earth

lotr is fucking gay

I fucking hated how the squad system worked in this game.

Two Towers PS2
Return of the King PS2
Battle for Middle Earth
Battle for Middle Earth 2

Fuck off OP

He's not wrong., I have the book on the pc and I got as far as....that magical all knowing hobbit guy and then they part, and he rescues them again. got bored after that.

I did to. THAT and how almost everyone in the evil army can climb a wall. Defeats the purpose of the wall, that and Rohan? horsemen can burn buildings down super quick, the enemy ai gets tunnel vision and will focus on a building, and you can surround it with alot of defense, and the ai will just die trying to get it.

The Third Age is decent RPG.

Indeed LOTRO was fun. They should make a second game with better graphics and sound and maybe with a simmelar gameplay like tera.

>not a single LOTR game where the main man tommy b. actually gives a fuck

>Dropped it at jolly Tom
You monster.

decorative cups I think. That chocolate touching the tray might be some photoshop stuff

>blackout because of thunderstorm
>can't watch the film
>chocolate spilling everywhere
>faggy blanket
truly perfect

I remember this game kicking my ass but it was fun. I hated the fleeing from the shire part though

He was fucking awesome in Battle for Middle Earth.

I want it to be a bit more gooey and chewy. Maybe have harder bits in the liquid

Yeah but he didn't give a fuck, he never gives a fuck.

I can't imagine living in a burrow to be nice, must be water leakage all over the fuck

have you actually had the real thing and not just some shitty cocoa powder packet mixed in some milk/water?

Gandalf was so fucking OP
>literally one shots 10 orcs around him with AoE
>murders Nazgul with that beam of light

War in the North was fun and was a pretty solid action game.

It's just tasteless brown water.

don't make it with water you autist, use milk

Why did Peter Jackson hate /ourguy/

>In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort

>It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats--the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill--The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it--and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another. No going upstairs for the hobbit: bedrooms, bathrooms, cellars, pantries (lots of these), wardrobes (he had whole rooms devoted to clothes), kitchens, dining-rooms, all were on the same floor, and indeed on the same passage. The best rooms were all on the lefthand side (going in), for these were the only ones to have windows, deep-set round windows looking over his garden and meadows beyond, sloping down to the river.

It's fucking comfy as fuck user.

nobody would get Tom's role, many book readers don't to this day, let alone the normies

War in the North is good, the movie games for Two Towers was okay too.

Behead those who make hot chocolate with fucking water instead of milk

What would Tom do in the films?

>entire home is surrounded by moist soil
it cannot end well. I mean sure Bilbo is the Warren Buffett of the Shire but the poor fucks in Bagshot Row must all have arthritis

Hot Coco is the easiest fucking thing to make in the world, take milk warm it in a pan, no so hot that you scald it but warm enough to melt chocolate, take chocolate (good eating chocolate, not cheap shit) and put it in the hot milk, stir until that shit has melted, a whisk helps but isn't essential a spoon will also do. Bam fucking done, takes like five minutes start to finish and it's the best damn hot coco you'll ever drink. People who use hot coco mix and make it with water should be shot.

add cinnamon sticks to that baby

>real chocolate
>imbibing the white death

The Two Towers and The Return of the King beat em ups were pretty good. The Battle For Middle Earth was good. The Third Age was alright but definitely extremely rushed.

there's good choco powder mix but even then you're supposed to use milk, what kind of subhuman uses water

Isn't that just warm chocolate milk?

What's the RTS lotr game called, I wanna replay it and to see if it will fill the void inside

>there's good choco powder mix
No there isn't, if you're not melting your chocolate in milk you're doing it wrong.

>caring about a tiny bit of chocolate

t. amerifat

I prefer a dab of homemade whipped cream, but you can put anything you want in it. It's your hot coco.

>milk is bad for you!

powder mix is shit, its probably actually worse than tea packets that are literally made with the scraps and dust of tea leaves they scrape off the floor and package into friendly boxes.

Was it made with chocolate syrup?

>tfw you will never live in a comfy hobbit hole

You fucking mongoloid.

battle for middle earth 1 and 2

>muh hormones turning our kids gay!
Hello Alex Jones

Shadow of War

umm.. user
[i know this doesn't really count]

Fucking sugar you brainless waste of human skin.

and you can forget about there ever being one because LotR is too white supremacist for people to handle now

>create secrete door
>walk outsite with a single soldier
>taunt the whole army
>my archers on the walls kill them mercilessly
why was that so fucking enjoyably?

>Shelob is the jilted lover of Sauron and can shapeshift
>Galadriel has elite female assassins
>Isildur and Helm Hammerhand are nazguls
>Talion becomes a nazgul
>Celebrimbor and Sauron merging creates the great eye
The only good thing about it are the Uruks.

>Wealthy enough for indoor heating but not double glazing to keep the noise to an absolute minimum
Man you tried real hard to find faults with that image and it still didn't work.

Christ almighty, glad I avoided this dreck. Please tell me this isn’t considered official canon.

it is, tolkien himself comfirmed it

Then make it out of unsweetened baking chocolate. It's going to take like bitter shit but hey no sugar.

I've never watched the trilogy. Should I go with theatrical or extended?

I'd say theatrical, if you love it you can go extended in the future. I don't think the extended version really add anything vital, it's just more fluff for the big fans

If you've never watched, theatrical. If you like it and want more, watch the extended sometime in the future when you feel like watching them again.

While I'm inclined to say extended, you could just watch the theatrical.

It's good enough that if you liked theatrical you can just use extended for the inevitable rewatch.

High fantasy is shit

they're middle earth and not LotR games, but shadow of mordor and shadow of war are pretty fun games that offer fairly unique gameplay mechanics.

t. EA shill, fuck off

>chocolate dripping off the mugs
Fuck off

Extended is shit, at least for Fellowship which was the only extended I watched. Extended adds unneccessary fluff that doesn't add anything particularly interested, so they just feel bloated and meandering. Orginal cuts while still long are far tighter and better paced.

>shadow of war
Cringe. Tolkien is spinning in his grave over what EA did to the fucking lore.

>ea shill
They're published by warner brothers you fucking imbecile
Do what i did and pirate them, they're full games without multiplayer, i'd recommend cheating for the shadow wars part of war though cause that grind sucks ass

Montezuma did that. Only he was basically just fucking drinking money since they used cocoa beans as currency, so you don't get the same satisfaction.

stop camwhoring, nigger

>considered official canon.
Who the fuck would even consider this canon? Middle Earth isn't an active franchise that gets new installments the creator is dead and his elderly Son collects and publishes some of his unfinished stuff but everything is done now and then. It has a beginning and an end already.

Of course none of this is fucking canon. The only way something would be canonical with Shadow of War is if they made another Shadow of War game. Did you think this is like fucking Star Wars where you have to shoehorn 20 different storylines from 20 different authors into a the same metaverse together and somehow try to keep it coherent? Nah man, one guy wrote it and it's done.

Dance

I think vanilla LOTRO did a good job of capturing the Middle Earth feel

and sing

It would have taken like an extra thirty to forty five minutes to the flight from the shire. Cutting out the dummy Frodo plan, the hedge, the woods, bombadil, and the barrow wights was an easy time save in what was already a very long script.