Hideaki Itsuno's next game might actually be a fighting game

This was just posted on his Twitter. He met the people who made Street Fighter (I can recognize Akira Nishitani, who worked on SF2 and is now working on Fighting Layer EX and the president of Dimps who also was the director of SF1).

Also Hideaki Itsuno used to work on fighting games before doing work for the DMC series and Dragon's Dogma, games such as the Project Justice/Rival Schools series and CVS2 were directed by him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evdewC1u1qM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New IP, DMC or DD, otherwise it's a completely wasted project.

bring back Rival Schools

>Capcom fighting
>After SFV and MvC:I
Yeah....no. Also hasn't he been working on this game for almost 5 years now. I don't think think would spend that much time on a fighting game.

no it´s gonna be a japanese dota/overwatch clone

He worked on alpha 2, right?

He worked as a planner on the first SF Alpha/Zero game.

doesn't seem like a great business decision, but i'm always interested

>Also hasn't he been working on this game for almost 5 years now
Nah mate, he twitted about starting to work on a new project in jan 2016.
Even if he started working on it before that, there's no indication that it was secretly in development for 3 years.
I agree it sounds unlikely that it's a fightan though.

So?
Its been known that SF staff have worked on DMC3.

I only remember Daigo Ikeno, who did art for 3S and SFIV, but Akira Nishitani left Capcom many years ago.

Ah ok my bad then.

>games such as the Project Justice/Rival Schools series and CVS2 were directed by him
That would explain why those games were broken messes.

SFV only had a problematic launch, get in 2018 from 2016 grandpa.

please no

>It's neither DMC nor DD
>We get trolled n-th time, DDbros get a new expansion for DDO as a fuck you while Itsuno, Bosch, Southworth and Langdon laugh their asses off and Capcom's rolling on a floor made of money thanks to MHW
>All of this while Bayonetta gets a sequel

That's fine to me, since Bayonetta is a good action game, unlike DMC4.

>Itsuno meets some really important heads of the Street Fighter series
>OMG NEW FIGHTAN FROM ITSUNO????

You're fucking retarded, OP.

But Bayonetta 2 is worse than DMC4

Absolutely not true. Bayonetta 2 was a complete package. DMC4 was a half-assed mess that was saved by the general opinion because "muh gameplay" even though the gameplay is absurdly unbalanced and messy.

Bayonetta 2 was a casualised mess with shit bossfights

But you can juggle enemies for 3 minutes straight. It's crazy!

Are you telling me that "Press Demon Buster button to BIG DAMAGE" wasn't casualized as well? And on top of that the boss fights in DMC4 were terrible minus maybe the Credo boss fight.

Pretty much. It's like making yourself feel good by beating a dummy with no recorded actions in a fighting game's training mode. That goes without even mentioning stuff like jump cancelling that looks absolutely retarded. This is why I miss the DMC1 approach.

I'm not defending DMC4, I'm just pointing out Bayonetta 2 was shit as well. Even moreso.

>SFV only had a problematic launch
They literally added a rootkit to the game. Plus my stick still doesn't work unless I go through big picture, at best the game is what it should have been at launch years later when people have begun to move on

>This is why I miss the DMC1 approach.
God I'm so glad that kamiya is long gone. Game's good but I'd rather stay with Itsuno's direction ofthe series. I'd much rather play classic Resident Evil than DMC1

Trips telling the truth.

This has always been the dumbest fucking complaint. DMC1 has enemies that are easy to juggle. DMC3 and DMC4 have enemies that can't be easily juggled and can put up a fight. The games are a lot more alike than fanboys claim.

Also for the record both DMC1 and Bayonetta have jump cancelling.

youtube.com/watch?v=evdewC1u1qM

What the hell is this reddit shit?