drive.google.com/open?id=1hUq1JH4HOtd1UHGZxTHPmkQNFN_Z6IC4
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_HD_Remaster#Issues_fixed
youtube.com/watch?v=YZZxn6hsIPs
youtube.com/watch?v=iniDg2czj2g
youtube.com/watch?v=Ym7pjJVeikY
youtube.com/watch?v=0j6ca05YLX4
youtube.com/watch?v=beJzqWig3GA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RE2 is my go-to game, it's always just as much fun even after the gorillionth replay

youtube.com/watch?v=F5GutEmcsO8

how did everything go so right

the best RE until today

So are they really going to do RE2 in the REmake style or what

Because I’d probably weep with happiness

my money is on them trying to do a switchable hybrid of styles where neither of them is actually good

>until today
a new res evil released today? and its even better? :O

>thread theme

Why is CVX save theme so unique and memorable? I never finished CVX but I can always differentiate it from all the save themes.

classic re sucks

I love my wives!

Whatever happened to RE 1.5?

Daily reminder that RE2 is the third worst RE, beaten only by CV and RE6 in shitiness

Seconding this.
I'm thinking it will be foremost developed as a RE4-style game because if you design it first with fixed camera angles, then proportions and shadows might get fucked, but I'd be surprised if there's no toggling option.

Outbreak. Is it possible to share a pre-configured emulator for the pserver so I don't have to spend 5 hours walking my retarded friend through setting it up?

if you have set up the server settings, all you need to do is to send him your savefile (or make a copy of your savefile, then remove the REO1 and REO2 data if you want him to start fresh)

is outbreak worth playing offline? i've been allways interested in it

>thread music
Let me fix that for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

why would you play it offline when you can play it online

Resident Evil 2 is shit.

don't wanna have to keep up with shit ping or local players,or get carried away without even trying to play the game

oh, I see. yeah I'd still give it a try even if playing offline. if you're having trouble with the braindead AI partners, just get a 100%'d savefile and choose 'Lone Wolf' mode so you can take your time

Don't know what it is about 3 but I love it so much. I remeber playing it when it came out after school. Shit was so cash.

ok thanks.

I did playthrough of the OG RE1 recently, since it's been 10 years since I last played it. Other than the tank controls being much stiffer than any game after, RE1 still holds up incredibly well. It also makes me want a brand new classic RE. That fact that I could barely remember RE1 bar the REmake similarities shown me how much I crave a brand new classic RE. Or somehow erase my memory of all the classics so I no longer remember the classics in autistic detail.

Ehh, I'd rather say that lack of animations for most actions make the game appear far more stiffer than it really is. Because at its core the gameplay is the same as in REmake.

>Because at its core the gameplay is the same as in REmake
but it isn't. the animations, both player and monster, in REmake are more slow-paced, drastically changing the gameplay, making zombies, hunters and bosses more easier, but dogs being more difficult to deal with. not to mention about the defense items, changed monster spawns and etc.

they released a semi playable version a good while back, I played both it and the early demo of RE1 on the psp

could you go into a bit more detail on this? or a link to a resource? a few of use wanted to play it a while back but it seemed like a bit of a chore to get it up and running

Is it any good? How long is it?

I'm finding RE:0 so tedious. I'm not one to drop a game after I start it but god damn I don't feel like playing more of it.

jesus it's so long the only thing I remember is getting to a stairwell and the game crashing because the stairs arent there, you're just running across the matt background as a 2d image. there's probably a better version available now.

sure thing. I guess I'll create a copy pasta for this sort of thing. give me a few minutes to upload and find some stuff

Hunters are a far bigger threat in RE1. They are way faster, plus you can't clip through them like in REmake.
I have yet to play RE1 and not to die from hunters at least once. I am no speedrunner nor anything but I did play the game about dozen or so times over the years.

REmaster of 0 is arguably the best looking prerendered horror game. It can be enjoyed at least visually.

ye that what I was saying m8. I was referring to REmake when calling zombies hunters and bosses easier

hunters aren't really a threat in RE1 until arrange mode

then they're a massive fucking threat and are more than capable of ending your game right then and there, combined with chimeras appearing way earlier and effectively replacing a lot of the hunters and hunters actually replacing a lot of zombies

arrange mode was baller as fuck, really

The the controls aren't as fine tuned as the latter entries. The biggest problem is how the turn speed is so much slower when moving compared to standing still. Trying to move through the mansion at speed is much more finicky because of this. Eitherway it's not a game breaker.

Read it wrong, sorry

now you see him...

Can they still oneshot decrapitate you in the REmake?

When it comes to playing Outbreak online, how simple is it to set up with an emulator? I know you've got to sign up for the website but I've not really looked into anymore than that.

now you don't!

honestly I don't think any RE game has hunters without the instakill lunge

from what I remember it's always a health thing, like if you're in caution or below, same with lickers in RE2

making a copypasta atm, just be patient

Nope.
I am not 100% on the exact differences but isn't arrange mode just.. different instead of harder? If anything original is way harder because og mode doesn't have the new handgun with its crit rolls. Those instant headshots save you like 50+ bullets in the first hour of the game.

Arrange Mode has more enemies, hunters included. The handgun crits don't save you from running out of ammo

you've gotta configure network settings within your own networking, then you've gotta install patches to isos, then read a guide on how to properly set up your PS2 NET thing, and it's real obnoxious and I only almost made it

arrange mode has different item layouts here and there, the 5% crit chance handgun that only works on zombies, much tougher enemies, and a lot of new enemy placement
for instance, that zombie that opens the kitchen door? it can take you up to 4 shotgun shells to the face to take it down and it does a TON of damage

another thing is, hunters start spawning in a LOT of areas after the initial encounter, almost entirely replacing some areas' zombies, and chimeras are encountered as early as the library, and they essentially replace every hunter spawn from then on. and chimeras are fuckin' hard even in the og mode

explain pic and why the dead guy looks huge compared to jill

>using the true original jill
My nigger

Never noticed the amount of enemies difference but its been a good while since I did og mode.
5% doesn't seem that much but I'm pretty sure it resets every time you release R1. That new handgun really eradicates all sense of struggle in that initial phase. But its so damn satisfying at the same time.

big huge dead guy got removed in the gamecube version for some reason, haven't played the DC version so I don't know if he's in that one or not
also his overwhelming stature is probably what got him axed

it DOES feel really nice and honestly helps with some of the zombies because they do quite a bit more damage in arrange

it's a shame RE2's arrange mode is literally the easy mode, so much so that it's only available in rookie difficulty

Yeah and its still annoying.

RE2 arrange mode is literally just difficulty from japanese release.

Get the PC version of Japanese rerelease of RE2 and there its switched arround "new game" is japanese easier modes and "arrange" is western modes. Except there is a hard mode now, with also RE1's like crit roll handgun. This hard mode is only on PC and Dreamcast.

>bosses in RE1
>easy even in rebirth or arrange mode
>bosses in RE2
>easy even on expert
>bosses in RE3
>actually pretty fucking hard

what gives

nearly done with the copypasta

>tfw toaster
>tfw REmaster lags like shit randomly for no reason
>tfw destined to emulate ps1 RE1 forever

try the DS version, it's pretty stellar
you can use the stylus or "stylus" if you're emulating to touch jill and rebecca's tits and ass, and chris' hair and ass, plus it's got quick turn and dedicated knife button

I played the GC version on the wii, surely you could pick up both for next to nothing

If I had money to spare I would save aside for a new pc, not waste it on overpriced retro consoles.

Bought Resident Evil Director's Cut for a few bucks at a local shop having only ever played the REmake.
This version is fine, right? No ass horns?

Yes, shitty OST is the Dualshock directors cut, not the regular directors cut.

>he doesn't want the fart horns

what a fuckin shit

uploadan. sorry for the wait guys, almost done

Resident Evil Outbreak Netplay Guide on PCSX2

PCSX2 Nighty Builds: buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
Patched ISOs, BIOS, Savefiles with NET settings and plugins: drive.google.com/open?id=1hUq1JH4HOtd1UHGZxTHPmkQNFN_Z6IC4

1. Register at obsrv.org, you'll need to use the account credentials made there to login to the server.
2. Download the latest nightly build. The "stable" versions are outdated and slow, and no, you don't need to update your nightly build of pcsx2. As long as you got a nightly build from 2017 or 2018, you should be fine.
3. Extract REOsetup.rar into your pcsx2 folder, replace anything if needed. The isos are already english-patched, so you don't need to tinker with them any further.
4. Turn on pcsx2. Setup the BIOS, controller and all that. Afterwards, Config -> Plugin/Bios Selector. Make sure that DEV9 is set to be 'CLR DEV9 0.8.0 [CLR_DEV9]'
4b. Optional. If you want to be able to use keyboard input in chat, set USB to be 'nuvee ps2 usb 0.2.0 [nuvee_ps2_usb]', then press on Configure... and set Port 2 to be 'Keyboard'. Only use this if you're going to use a controller for playing the game.
5. Press on Configure... near the DEV9 plugin. Make sure 'Enable Ethernet' is checked, and if it is, press Options. Make sure that the settings are set just like pic related.
6. And you're done. After pressing 'NETWORK PLAY', press 'Yes' to load the NET file. Then you'll have to choose Connection. Select 'PREVIOUS CONNECTION'. Something might come up, just press Yes/Circle.

If you setup the USB plugin. Press Triangle to open the chat menu, and change the letters to be into 'A1' to be able to write in english. To use spaces, you have to press ENTER after writing a word (it should be highlighted before pressing Enter) and only then you can press space. Send messages either by pressing Enter when words aren't highlighted or with the Start button.

forgot pic

I felt the same way, but I stuck with it and was glad that I did. Ended up really liking it

it's a slog. and not a good slog.

if they had just put effort in enemy and puzzle design and gave it item boxes like every other RE, it would've been fine, but no, they had to cock it all up with whatever the fuck they were smoking

>remake 2 never ever
I had a series replay planned for the pre-release. might as well just get to it already. honestly looking forward to CVX the most. I feel it's the one where resource management is most critical

CVX is a game where you can entirely fuck up your entire playthrough

the newer versions of it where you can just make a million different saves without worrying about clogging up your memory card are a godsend because fuck, CVX WILL fuck you up

unless you abuse the knife like a coward

did you try this:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_HD_Remaster#Issues_fixed
reducing resolution and downloading d3d9.dll got me 60 fps 720p on a 2012 toaster as opposed to 15 - 20 fps

I've played Vaccine for a good amount of time on Switch. I know it's not RE tier but it's still really good. I recommend it anyone whose never played it. Don't listen to any reviews on it. The reviewers probably beat the first half and thought that was the end of the game like I did at first, or they were butthurt that the game is Engrish and didn't tell them there was more to it.

>Code 'More ammo than RE2 and the action games' Veronica
>resource management is most critical
nice joke

>tfw the original REmake renders will be lost forever like tears in rain

downsampled from 6000x6000 or whatever

Try the westwood windows port to spice your toast up, it has some extras. If you can get it running.

I get steady 60fps. Then as I walk down the room, with nothing going on, it would go down to 50. Then when I would go back and retrace the same steps in the same room it would be rock steady 60. Its very random.
Same shit with the fix.

>10fps drop
that's it? that's what got your testicles in a twist?
bud

It feels like a slowmotion and its super annoying. Game just runs weird, if I limit it to 30fps in the ingame selector (so that it peforms like on gamecube) it visually apears to be more like 10fps.

Something is fucked up.

setting to unlocked fps should fix this

I've been playing a lot of RE2

I've been playing Condemned Criminal Origins
but i'm kind of in the mood to play both Outbreak games again.

Secondary thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=YZZxn6hsIPs

>tfw Capcom won't revive Outbreak

I love how much attention in older RE games was put music-wise on these screens that you see so rarely.

youtube.com/watch?v=iniDg2czj2g
youtube.com/watch?v=Ym7pjJVeikY
youtube.com/watch?v=0j6ca05YLX4

also the result screen one!

youtube.com/watch?v=beJzqWig3GA

Many thanks

Literally ear cancer.

>wanting Capcom to fuck over Outbreak

actually about to start dino crisis 1 for the first time. hope it's good.

Don't play the PC version nor emulated ps1, get the Dreamcast version instead, emulated. Sound quality is so much better and everything looks sharp as shit. It doesn't take long to set it up, it's worth it!

It's an odd horror game that doesn't hold your hand too much, especially since there is no clear health indicator like in RE, and crafting system is a bit weird as well. Good game tho, with couple of endings.

>407746067
not even worth the (you), pathetic slut.

I find it a lot more intense and stressful than RE. I guess it doesn't have the name recognition needed, but I'm somewhat surprised they didn't try to resurrect that series with the action-oriented controls of RE4, 5, etc.

thanks, bro. I was about to emulate ps1 but I can do dc no problem.

I've been playing Revelations 2 and thought Episode 1 was fine but now Episode 2 is making me not like it pretty fast. Anyone know any good mods if I wanna replay older titles with some freshness added? There's a PC only fanmade game called Mortal Night I've been thinking about trying out.

dino crisis with re4/5 controls would be awesome. especially with how well the shitty Jurassic park movie did at the box office they could capitalize on the dinosaur themed thing. for whatever reason the original movie is the only one worth a damn to me.

as a Re4fag, how do I git gud at a real resident evil, like REmake?

>407746067
Mortal Night is good, but really hard. So if you like a challenge, then go for it.

Half the fun is in the struggle.
Most people who are "gud" got gud on their second or third playthrough when you know all the enemy and item placements. And that's when the games get even more fun and comfy to replay, just executing shit in the right order is very satisfying.

Didn't mean to greentext. Please ignore.

Does the sequel also have a Dreamcast version? I played it to death as a kid on PS1.

>CVX is a game where you can entirely fuck up your entire playthrough

yep. i played through it for the first time in about a decade a couple of years ago and fell for the old meme of
>put nearly all my weapons while controlling Chris into an item box just before getting the poison antidote or whatever to Claire
>gain control of Claire again, retrieve Chris' shit from item box, save, and keep playing on
>completely forgot that i regain control of Chris and have to fight Alexia and all i have with him is a handgun and like 30 rounds
>no way to go back

completely ballsed it up.