Played and finished Bayonetta 1 and 2 for the first time on Switch this week, what a fantastic series...

Played and finished Bayonetta 1 and 2 for the first time on Switch this week, what a fantastic series, can't believe it flew under my radar until the third game was announced.

IMO, 2 is the better game from a gameplay, visual and story sense, but 1 had better bosses. I also thought the weapons in 2 were more varied than 1. What's your favourite and why?

I wonder why the teaser for 3 features Bayonetta dying in her outfit from the first game? If that's actually an indication of what the game is about (and not just a pointless cinematic for the announcement) then could it perhaps be a being attempting to erase the events of the first 2 games by killing bayonetta? What do you think?

It flew under the radar of many people and still is.
Regarding which one is the best, mechanically Bayo 2 is better and for a character action game, that is the most important thing. My problem is, Bayo 2 missions feel a lot more short compared to the first one.

Bayo 1 has a lot of lengthy missions with dozens of enemy encounters.
There are a lot Bayo 2 missions which are nothing but a enemy encounter and a Boss battle.

But that is my only complain.

there are actually 5 missions in the first Bayo that are just boss battles too.

Only played it for an hour so far, not sure if I like it yet.

Yes, but those were main bosses. There are missions in Bayo 2 which are just a normal bosses that even becomes normal enemies is later missions

Bayo or BOTW my dudes
Going to pick up a switch soon

Bayo 1 had too many shitty boss fights were you mash a big dude's weakpoint

BotW will last you longer, IMO it's a better game than both Bayos, but Bayo is 2 games for the price of 1 so...

Each bayo game will last you about 10 hours for the story but BotW is easily 100+ hours.

It'll be interesting to see how Bayonetta 3 goes after multiple action games going the "over the shoulder Souls combat" rather than typical actin game affair.

I wouldn't mind if Kamiya decided to introduce more exploration in this instalment, but I hope he doesn't muck up the core gameplay too much.

Just ordered it for switch to support the franchise.
Overall I had more fun in 2, and I agree with your points regarding gameplay and story.
Also, for me going from 1 to 2 on WiiU was a godsend performance wise, and I felt like I had more grasp on combat mechanics starting 2.
I tried to experiment a little with the weaponry, but the basic pistols always hit home for me, prolonged combos really help to get dodge offset right.

That was already around when Bayonetta 2 came about, Platinum doesn't chase trends like that. At least not to the point where it compromises on their identity. Bayonetta 3 will almost certainly have the core mechanics and structure of the first two games. Though there's still plenty of ways they could built on the mechanics.

1 has better gameplay but 2 has less Kamiya bullshit.

I don't know which one I like more really.

I honestly don't know why Bayo 3 needs to be made, Platinum should be coming up with new IPs, not reusing what will essentially be the same tried and tested formula for 3 games.

It worked the 2nd time in Bayo 2, but now they need to be a more ambitious.

>flew under my radar

That’s because you’re a nintenbro douchebag who didn’t own a Wii U. Get out

Just got the 1+2 pack on switch. Replaying Bayo 1 now (already played it on ps3) and I forgot how bullshit the QTEs are. Great game otherwise but those instant death QTEs are pure cancer.

I owned a Wii U, I just didn't buy Bayo 1 or 2 for it.

Oh yeah, that's another reason I prefer 2 to 1. No nonsense getting worse scores at the end because of god awful QTEs.

Bayo 1 has
>better combat
>more interesting level design
>better music
>better cuhrazy climaxes
>better bosses (ESPECIALLY the final boss)

Bayo 2 has
>better aesthetic
>uhh, no instadeath QTEs even though that doesnt fucking matter after you've played the game twice (you are gonna play it multiple times for the best scores right?)
thats pretty much it

Is Bayonetta 2's hard mode the same as Bayo 1's Normal mode?

>better bosses (ESPECIALLY the final boss)
Haha no. At least Aesir is a boss fight, Jubileus is like a giant interactive cutscene.

What I hated most about that bayo final boss was if you fell into that insta-death portal when the boss had half a health bar left, you restarted the boss with 3 full health bars.

Bayo 2's hard mode is a bit harder than Bayo 1's Normal mode, but yeah they're more or less equivalent

Any other differences? Score changes? Is Witch Time removed again?

i bought a fucking pile of shit wii u for this back in 2014. i am never buying this game again or anything nintendo for that matter. none of my friends have a switch so it looks like i will miss out on 3. oh well.

Help me Sup Forums just finished bayo 1 on normal and got a bronze overall. How do I git gud?

I have heard of dodge offset and played arounf with it in my playthrough but could only really get it to work consistantly on the punch-kick-punch combo.

Any tips/videos to watch?

Bayo 2 is objectively inferior gameplay wise to Bayo 1, but you won't notice until you git gud at it.

In bayo 2 torture moves are useless, half the weapons are garbage and items don't give you a score penalty so you can just cheese your whole way through.

did QTEs ruined your silver trophies?

if you're playing through the game once -- rank don't matter

if you're playing through the game several times -- QTEs don't matter

it doesn't matter either way

you literally lose nothing -- not even your time since QTE failure puts you back where you were

But that's the best part in terms of character progression.... And bayo 1 did that also.

Those QTEs are one of the only things that made me say "WOOOW" completely unironically

just hold buttons for punch/kick

hold them

as you hold buttons, press dodge, THEN release the button and move to the next step in attack

enemy placements are changed only in infinite climax, and witch time is never removed but enemies get so fucking fast that you NEED the small amount of witch you can get to get any hit in
and enemies will bock almost every attack

Should I get Bayo 2 for the Multiplayer as well?

Botw is shit but it will take you like 30 hours to work that out so it will last you longer.

Yeah pretty terrible.
Qtes are the one thing that make a game truely dated.

>bock
What?

*block
sorry, missed a letter
yeah enemies will block fucking everything that they don't dodge

I just finished the second game, for some reason I want to replay more the first, I feel like 2 has so many underused enemies. Also I miss Angel Attack.