Why do high fantasy RPG games do this?

Why do high fantasy RPG games do this?

>fictional high fantasy world based on medieval Europe
>characters eat stews involving potatoes, a vegetable native to the Americas that wasn't introduced to Europe until the 16th century

Because potatoes are fucking awesome

>high fantasy
>fantasy
It's in the fucking genre name you bafoon

>fictional high fantasy
>characters eat stews involving potatoes, a vegetable native to the Americas that wasn't introduced to Europe until the 16th century

Really makes you think huh?

But when you want to include black people it's suddenly not high fantasy anymore

true

Potatoes are better than black people

>when you want to include black people it's suddenly not high fantasy
It becomes a high reality.

The academic claim of the origin and exclusivity of the potato to the Americas is being disputed as we speak.There are dozens of renaissance paintings as well as 14th century scribes describing mass gatherings involving potato dishes within medieval Russia. Potato is also the base for moonshine, the most common and popular alcoholic drink with slavs at the time.

Bladestorm: Nightmare was set in Medieval Europe and had dragons and orcs. But its the potatoes that break your immersion?

What was the staple food in europe before potatoes then? Just curious.

po-ta-toes

>But when you want to include black people it's suddenly not high fantasy anymore

Orcs are pretty fantasy desu

Grains.
Mainly gruel.

t. guesswork

Potatoes where imported from numenor, brainlet :^)

turnips
t. turnip expert

wheat

turnips

Turnips, bread and soup. Meat was for the upper classes.

niggers

Dick lmao

mothers milk

They had no reliable method to prevent pregnancy and no TV or internet to fight boredom so they ate their excess children.

>Fictional world
>Fictional
Is this shitposting or not yet? I'm pretty sure it's shitposting.

Yup, potatoes can feed a family

Even now potatoes aren't the predominant staple food in Europe.

Thanks for spreading your ignorance ameritard

Redgard is still fantasy, friend

I'm Bulgarian. Wheat bread has been the staple food for centuries around these parts.

Okay well you go ahead and tell this motherfucker that his po-tay-toes don't real, see how he takes it

there are no potatoes in middle earth,jacksons a hack

Kek. Americlap, everyone.

Potatoes eradicated the recurring European famine that came back every few years or so. During the middle age, the European population always was a bit too large for its production, and potatoes became a staple of European diet from 1700 to 1900. It probably saved more life than any other goods imported from America.

Turnips, barley, oats, rye, wheat (but not so much, wheat is expensive to make), fish when available, and contrary to what many people think, pork and chicken at least every so often, unless you were very poor.

Potatoes are great but you'd be hard-pressed to find a European country where they're the number one staple food.
They did little to help hungry Bulgarians until the mid-19th century as written records from 1825-1835 show people who grew potatoes perceived them as a novelty import from the northwest. It stands to reason that the proliferation of the crop was still in progress despite Ireland already being overreliant on inbred taters.

because its fantasy, you absolute fuckin dimwit

who said this about anything?

this always bugged me too I get that it's fantasy but per-colombian cooking was kinda shit. The belief in the humors relegating how they cooked everything was just poor taste and peasant foods were not typically rich tasting we take a lot of things for granted now like salt, butter and cheap/easily available spices. I think the addition of new world vegetables and commodities ultimately adds more to the comf than what it takes away in continuity. I particularly like when they make up fictional ingredients to fill the void but that in itself present it's own complications.

No one protests about adding black people to a fantasy game though?
People protest about adding black people to historical games that is set in a place where there were no black people. Learn the difference.
Why am I responding to a blatant bait post? I'm just bored.

But Lord of the Rings has black people.

Step aside, potato.

if anything they belong together
they have arabsesk people I woudn't call them black. Since they're not described as having hair that would be indicative of africans.

>No one protests about adding black people to a fantasy game though?
Lol

That's hot

they had a lot of intercrural sex

Because it's a fantasy world and has no geographical connection to the real world and Tolkien could do whatever the fuck he wanted in his purely fictional story?

>14th Century European potatoes.

I'll take "Fake News" for $200, Alex.

>renaissance paintings

Round brown things? You mean like rye bread, or really any bread with a dark crust?
Other possible oblong, brown, edible things that would have been popular in the middle ages, just off the top of my head: Kidneys?

Scribes describing potato dishes: [Citation needed] Are you sure they didn't just take existing dishes, and substitute potatoes into the recipe 300 years later?

>Vodka
literally just translates as "little water" and as late as the 19th century, was used to refer to any grain liquor.

Also, a major factor of the Irish Potato Famine was the lack of genetic diversity in the European potato, because they only ever bothered to import one variety of potatoes, as opposed to dozens of varieties that existed in South America.

This sounds like a desperate attempt by some Slavs to stir up some "We wuz agriculturalists 'n shiet!"

You earned my (You) famalam

/thread

>based on X
>exactly like X
pick one

>fictional - something that is invented or untrue

There's your answer user

I was more disappointed in the magical elvish bread. I would have assumed that elves ate something more unusual.

I protest against niggers in fantasy setting.

>high fantsy and historical fiction are the same thing

Please leave

Middle-earth =! Europe

>blacks
>high

It's a fantasy setting. Whatever they're eating is only analogous to what we call potatoes, just like they don't have actual elephants either.

Niggers officially confirmed less useful than potatoes.

only people described as black are half-trolls in ONE line and then Tolkien mentions trollmen in another ONE line. It's not even clear if trollmen and half-trolls are this same species, if they are troll species, hybrid between trolls and humans or just very ugly people. They come from Far Harad. Normal Haradrims are notArabs.

It has a lot maori, or maori's, whatever is correct.
They were pretty bad ass if you ask me