This game, man

This game, man.

I barely thought it would live up to the hype, let alone exceed it. I've been playing for six hours straight across only two towns, and it has been absolutely and utterly humbling so far. My breath is being taken away at every turn.

I just died trying desperately to fight a guard with a basic sword on a warm, bustling, massive medieval town, with ominous shouting startling me from far across some rocky, eroded mountains against the backdrop of a massive blue sky. Earlier I was marveling at a fruit stall. Merchants were shouting in the distance and tinkling piano chords played in the background.

I very much appreciate the technical and leveling aspects such as the skill system and the combat, but most of all, this game has been an extremely emotional experience for me so far. I could barely pull myself away from the first town once I acquired the ability to free-roam. No matter what I'm looking at, I have this excitement and this wonder and frustration that I am inevitably missing so much. I have never, EVER felt this lost. Bohemia just beckons, wordlessly. What a beautiful, beautiful, titanic game. I have no words.

Everyone should give it a chance. And thank you, Vavra and Warhorse Studios. Jeez Louise.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/124
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Games heaps sick aye bud

>find out you can pay for sex at bath houses after 30 hours of playing the game
>save up enough money
>it's fade to black shit

Back to Sup Forums you annoying pieces of shit

So basically since the LEFTIST BTFO XD and SOLD MILLION COPIES!!!!! threads are getting deleted by mods, you people are now resorting to wanton overpraise for this meme session?

There was literally a civil, multi hundred post thread about it just an hour ago, I am sorry this game triggers your dumb ass so much. For reference

The game is fine and well-forgettable, it's the pitiful spammers, shills and falseflaggers that ruin it. This thread reeks of everything at once.

That you think there are shills here for this shit, the state of your delusion. No, the worst part about this game has been, consistently, people whining about it.

the story is fucking cliche as fuck what the fuck are you talking about?

We both know the only thing this game has brought to the table is a long list of insufferable spamming Sup Forums faggots, and while I am happy you get to discuss it every once in a million thread like normal human beings, it's not what it has been about at its most. At all.

>ywn live in Medieval Bohemia minding your simple life with a wholesome wife on a little farmstead

>get a cut
>die

I'll pass.

Sure thing buddy, after release nearly every thread has been civil, in fact the only thing that is dragging this thread down is your bitching.

>being so diluded in your political views that you think a game is discussed because of the tweets of some bearded guy and not because the game itself is a fucking gem

>medieval Bohemia
>everyone is talking in a British accent

God i wish they included some way to become a lord and manage my own little land with my own garrison and farms and shit

The setting's all there and ready for it, I want to manage medieval shit.

Any chance this could happen?

Go to the archive, search "million" or "SJW" then come back and say that again with a straight face.

well, dont cut yourself idiot.
>implying people died from every scratch
humanity would be at this place if it was the case.

considering the game is a shit-tier 60 buckarinoos alpha only played by people starving for open world content, seems like a pretty good assumption desu

>get some basic, common disease that would have been easily curable with todays medical knowledge
>die

Again, no thanks.

>not playing in czech with eng subtitles

>he never actually played the game
Sad form.

This, this this and this.
I'm currently 34 and I've been playing video games for over 25 years now. I've tried them all... Combat, Sport, FPS, TPS, Strategy, MMORPG, etc... heck, I even tried most of those free Flash games online!

Whenever my friends need some insight on video games--either for them or their kids--I'm proud to say that they come see ME.

Just the other day, one of my closest friends asked me a quite interesting question. He asked me...

What is your No.1 favorite game of ALL TIME?

He got me by surprise, and I couldn't come up with an answer. I mean, I enjoyed quite a few games, but there was not a single one that was absolutely perfect.

Well, that's what I thought...

Until I opened Steam today, and saw a quite interesting game on the front page. It was a medieval RPG game called Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

It piqued my curiosity and I couldn't resist, so I instantly purchased it. Now, don't get me wrong.... You should always look at reviews and gameplay videos before buying anything.

Steam has a refund policy, so the only thing I was risking here was my time.

Anyways, once the download was over and I launched the game, I felt something I have never experienced before:

Nirvana.

I was in a state of tantalizing euphoria. A mix of rolling in a a blanket of pearly white clouds and feeling the warmth of a 6pm sunshine in Canadian August.

I could write an ENTIRE book on what I experienced playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance for the very first time, but I'm already using ALL my free time to play the game!

Needless to say, I called my friend to tell him that there was now a perfect 10/10 game that could make heroin and sex look like candies in comparison.

Anyways, I'm out guys. The castle is under siege and I've got to liberate it!!

See you in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

>what is an immune system

>being slav
laughingwenches.jpg

i was also suprised
>was never really hyped for it, expected generic rpg
>game looked bland in gameplays, on screenshots, everywhere
>meh
>i guess i'll get it anyway
>it's not bland at all, world is amazing and story is on point
>ywn get drunk with a priest, bang the church bell, bang some girls, and then preach in church about wonders of alcohol to a town mayor you've beat night before
>ywn be medieval spy either
>but this game allows it

i don't remember last time i played vidya this fun and engaging

Tasteful shitposting is best shitpost.

You don't need to leave a blank line after every line that you type.

>implying
why would I need english subtitles then faggot

>I appreciate the combat.
What's to appreciate exactly? The lack of hit-stop? The weightless animations? The free-wheeling floatiness of it since it allows free movement during melee animations? How slow it is? The comical lack of moves?
Go on.

>voluntarily listening to slavs

You dumb cunt, of course a disease easily curable by today’s medical knowledge would kill somebody 600 years ago, people died of food poisoning back then you dumb fuck, your argument to not play the game is null and void you thick fuck!!

I have not played it yet but does this game even have sidequests? Or is just a mostly linear story where the open world serves only as empty backhround like mafia? The game has been quite a success but as time passes the opinions i'm starting to read are more and more heading towards the later

>made by a noname studio
>low budget
>0 publicity
>full priced
>yet it manages to sell 1 million, thanks simply to word of mouth and praises by satisfied costumers that encouraged other people to buy it
thinking that it sold because of 4 year old tweets is a terrible assumption desu

>that webm
Imagine you stroll though the forest and see some idiot chasing after rabbits trying to stab them with a fucking sword.

>that webm

>not playing the game with max immersion
serfs begone.

That's not an argument for not playing the game you retarded fuck he's replying to the faggot that said he wanted to live in medieval times

user. It sold how it sold because it is literally the only open world RPG to be released on PC in the past years. The playerbase dropped instantly, and the praise is nowhere to be found considering they have met not a single one of their kickstarter promises.
The studio is new. Their workers are not, at all. They even stated that much as their selling pitch. You also know this.

It's a gimmick, unfinished game that did not deliver its promises. Shitty combat, bad storyline and ugly animations. It's something to get on by because there's nothing else at the moment.

Wow that's some faggotry right there

why do you post in a KCD thread if you never played the game? did the game hurt you? are you the autistic faggot that shits in every RPG thread?

Have you ever heard of the word budget

Why do you actually want to deny the obvious and glaring faults for the game that are there regardless of your personal feelings? Is there some sort of clingy need for you to be unable to play a game unless you think of it as flawless?

Have you ever heard of don't sell - and promise - what you can't deliver?

Its basic marketing, everyone does that. Its up to you if you believe in fairy tales

I am playing the game right now and having the time of my life, one of the best games in decades.
why dont you like fun user? its not flawless, but the positives outweight the negatives by alot.

it took u 30 hours to get 50 grochen? i got pussy as soon as u sneak out pretending to be a guard. fucking noob

So what you are saying is that nobody should be mad at EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft or any other company at all because technically they are just using marketting strategies and what we get out of it is just fine.

I am glad for you, but I disagree entirely user. The negatives vastly outweight any semblance of positives the game holds. I pushed through it for ten hour struggling to even hold myself from quitting before reaching the battle tutorials. It's quite terrible.

Im saying you cant beat them, dont buy their shit if you unhappy about the product they release

>people who havent played the game giving opinions that influence other people who havent played the game, who give opinions that influence other people who haven't played the game, who give...

Post your Henry

it was still more reasonable option than utilizing KCD archery. i've hit maybe two rabbits from two meters using 10-15 arrows. it was hopeless

it gets better because it was a quest when you compete against chill noble kid in hunting
>noble quietly sits in the woods, waiting
>suddenly rabit appears, running for its life
>and right behind him, your peasant buddy appears
>running with the sword in hand
>later there is a cutscene where our peasant tells noble (no idea how his name translates in english version) that he shouldn't use bow to kill a boar, and that he should use a spear
very unorthodox hunter

where is that armor?

triple A publishers release shit marketed as gold.
this release is gold not marketed at all.
you get the difference, right?

I would ask what games you actually like, but the answer will most likely make me lose my faith in humanity.

which speech perk is the best?

Highborn or Lowborn?

He's a Sup Forums shitposter, he doesn't play video games.

why dont you gid gud user?

Learn to make decision on your own we aint your dad

hey, i was gud. i sword-hunted so many rabbits i had no room left for deer meat when i killed one later

you deal with lowborns more, and you sell your stolen shit to lowborns too

You sound like a noble prick so I will take Highborn

Man. I just spent 40 minutes walking around a BEAUTIFUL forest and picking flowers and shrooms while hunting the occasional rabbit.
This is the comfiest game since oblivion.

I'm genuinely glad the game did well.

That just means you are a racist and a shill, haven't you been paying attention?

the skill ceiling of serfs is low anyway, get a decent armor and they shit themselves.
but trying to banter a highborn lands you in jail.

Nice crusader, user.

This but im black and actually a leftist

>gave up archery like a defeated beta
>"I-I am gud"
yeah right.

This is actually GOTY and has BTFO every nintendo and sony game released in the last decade

>sell your stolen shit
There is a perk for that (Trustworthy Middleman)

highborn is better because you just need a fancy armor to deal with peasants, but you need a little extra to deal with highborns

I just beat the shit out of captain Bernard while training with real axes. Feelsgoodman
Also it's pretty fucking hilarious how they have separate statistics for people killed and cumans killed.

When do you learn alchemy?
I'm really hyped to start with that.
Is it late game? I just finished the hunt

I like the game, but those KCD threads at Sup Forums telling people to spread word about the game here and everywhere else is annoying since it's literal shilling

Thankfully it died out a bit. It'd be a shame if the game was only associated with Sup Forums.

>I barely thought it would live up to the hype
It didnt

This game singlehandedly reignited my love of single player games. I fell for the meme that I was tired of games when really I was tired of the utter lack of quality or uniqueness that most games possess today.
I'm going to go poach deer from her husband and fuck Lady Stephanie and have a fun time doing it.

>No people of color
>Women don't do anything men do
>Lead dev is a G*merg*ate manbaby

Um, sweetie? This game is shit.

This might actually be the best sword fighting related game I've ever played. It's so much richer than mountainblade or any elder scrolls game. Holy shit

>game popularity is higher on release than week after it
stop the fucking presses

You can start mixing shit whenever you want, but to brew actual potions you need to learn to read first and get some recipe books.

>it didnt
>35000 players online
>friday morning in europe

kys

Whem does it get good?

It's the new STALKER but with swords and shit. It's already a Sup Forumscore.

>cumans

fucking roachs

the helmet looks like an italian bascinet. I know some bandits carry them.

>utter lack of quality
>pointyhats.jpg

Yes, the definition of not living up to the hype.
>Slow decline in just one week.
What it has to do being friday user?

When you're born as something other than a shitskin or a bugman and you learn to relish your rich ancestry. Fuck out of my board.

After you run bloodborne.

Haha no, this is just ELEX all over again.

nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/124
Out two days ago. Looks extremely bad,
as the first nude mods always do.

Don't you have to complain about White people? Why are you on here?

Henry? Is he called Heinrich is other languages?

Is it actually though?
As shitty as Elex was, I still managed to have a blast with it (probably due to being a German).
This looks a lot more cohesive.
I'm starting to get somewhat drawn towards it now, in spite of the Sup Forums memery.
That OWRPG itch needs scratching.

So what, is there a chance we'll get Skyrim tier benis in baginer mods in a few years?

this basically, its a unique setting done with alot of attention to detail and you just feel that the developer cared about his game and not the money. AAA publishers need to die.

>No discussions on this board

we wuz nazis and sheiiit... where is the part when romans rape this losers