Western games

>western games
>superior in graphics, storytelling, soundtrack, level design, combat system, etc...
>japanese games
>superior only in character design

Why don't Western developers just hire Japanese artists for the improvement of their products?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRQ4fyw5zzM
youtube.com/watch?v=vGjwXI0n5-I
youtube.com/watch?v=3tDjJkFyL_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pAtd6NBvVA0
youtube.com/watch?v=hISuRO6s3P0
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2964139/Men-with-high-testosterone-attracted-to-women-with-feminine-faces.html
youtube.com/watch?v=x530q4hlv9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>western games
>superior in graphics, storytelling, soundtrack, level design, combat system

Honestly Aloy looks like a real woman. The jap alien looks like plastic surgery.

Not that I like the face on the left, but I don't want game characters to look like they came straight out of an anime either.

>western games
>superior in anything other than the graphics
Fucking lol

japanese characters turn most westerners off

citation needed

Nioh is mediocre and still has better combat than all western games combined, try again

>western game
>better gameplay

>western games
>superior in graphics
Well...
>storytelling, soundtrack, level design, combat system
Are you on drugs?

>cherry picking

>western games

japanese game: superior graphics, level design, gameplay, character design, combat system.

>western games
>superior in storytelling, soundtrack, level design, combat system, etc...

>>western games
>>superior in graphics, storytelling, soundtrack, level design, combat system, etc...

ITT: Weebs in denial

>western games
>aim for realism and thus gameplay, story-telling, graphics, combat and level design fall apart because they're constricted by plausibility rather than what's fun

>japanese games
>stuck in fantasy, graphics, storytelling, level design, combat and gameplay aren't constricted by conventional physics, developers can go all out with interesting ideas and create something fun and engaging

>Realistic design is bad
Yes, she isn't pretty, but would you expect anything else from someone doing such a testosterone demanding job? Not every character has to be a wet dream.

Right, lets just ignore the fact that a Japanese game mopped up 2017 GOTY awards

>soundtrack

try knowing other people in real life
most of the game buying western audience thinks anime style games look gay

Aloy's overall character design is fantastic. It's just her face is ugly is all.

The only thing weebshit games do better is they don't make their female characters have dogshit faces.

Citation needed.

>not cherrypicking comparison

That makes the Japanese superiority more obvious though.

>try knowing other people in real life

2B is a better and more inspired design than aloy

they also only buy FIFA, cod and assassins creed

useless generalizations lmao

East European games > Japanese games > Dogshit >>>>> Western games

He's right. Stop memeposting on an anonymous weeaboo board. You're not proving anything to anyone.

If I wanted a real woman which I dont because 3D is PD I wouldnt be playing videogames

I'm playing a fictional game in an unrealistically beautiful fantasy setting and I want unrealistically beautiful fantasy characters. If I wanted to ogle realistic, homely looking women I'd go outside into the mundane world.

Still haven't provided an actual citation for your claims.

>He's
Stop referring to yourself in third person, it's not healthy.

>superior in soundtrack,level design and combat system
what? western games have superior graphics, thats' it. the best games in the last 5 years with 90+ score on metacritic are majority from the east and japan. Bloodborne, The witcher 3, persona 5, BOTW, Mario Oddysei, west have what? uncharted and the last of us, two movies.

2B is great, but her design is nothing more than slutty costhot bait and we both know it.

Try not to think with your dick, weeb faggot

>Western games
>Good combat, levels and soundtrack
Please tell more jokes.

go look at the top selling games in america or uk if you need a citation for common sense

You should think about going back to school.

Chad and Stacey don't know jack shit.

The combat in DX is liquid dogshit

I genuinely can’t remember the last western game that had good gameplay or storytelling or soundtrack.

Meanwhile last year Nier Automata, Yakuza 0 and Mario Odyssey domibated in those categories.

>western games
>superior in graphics, storytelling, soundtrack, level design, combat system, etc...
Made me reply, 1/10.

you do realize that the one on the right is trash too? Obvious pandering to weeb manchildren and other soyboys

Do you havisfaction a singlicious satisfact to snack that up?

>western games
>superior
HAHAHAHAHA

>games created in america and heavily marketed in america sell well in america

brainlesswojak.jpg

>sales figures
Just kill yourself

>superior soundtracks
lol
>west
youtube.com/watch?v=tRQ4fyw5zzM

>nippon
youtube.com/watch?v=vGjwXI0n5-I

But how does a game's success indicate whether character designs are likable?

>West
youtube.com/watch?v=3tDjJkFyL_Q
>dipshit
youtube.com/watch?v=pAtd6NBvVA0

Men with high testosterone. are inherently attracted to feminine features.

By saying you dislike the one on the right, you are in fact the soyboy.

That's a ripe cherry you just picked.

>western games superior in combat system
Fuck no, all western action games are super sloppy because the hit/hurtboxes suck ass, the devs are allergic to i-frames and lock-on doesn't actually lock on to anything. And the animations are janky as fuck and the moves don't flow into each other. A good western made character action game is as rare as unicorns and mermaids, they're always full of unsatisfying aoe spam because that's easier to code.

Yoshi's island ost is better mate

if japanese games have big potential in america then they'd be marketed in america. It's certainly been done before back in the PS1 era when Final Fantasy become big

yes that's what the discussion was about, western audiences don't like anime games

>western gameplay
toppest keks

>western soundtracks
Maybe if you enjoyed eating garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=hISuRO6s3P0

Western enemies also lack any agency, I blame this on games like bam ham and Ass Creed, where players can face groups of enemies and not feel threatened at all.

Then why are these chubby same face dolls only ever found in Asian media? Asians are an entire race of soyboys. And the vernacular of the market base of this sort of media is noticeably faggoty, e.g. using phrases like "... IS A CUTE!", adding the suffix "-fu" to everything like a retarded child, constantly asking what sex feels like, etc., etc.

There's a reason you are called waifuFAGS.

you're using one shitty genre of game to represent all combat in video games

>i-frames
Here's your (you), faggot weeb

I know ya baiting but I'm feeling like pointing out that
>thinks that western games are superior in combat systems
>nevermind the fact that Japan are the only devs that know how to make fighting games and character-action games

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2964139/Men-with-high-testosterone-attracted-to-women-with-feminine-faces.html

>tfw western games will never return to their former glory

>combat system

Nice bait retard.

does that mean people who like anime have high testosterone

>fighting games
You mean Street Fighter clones?

So you want more games like bam ham where you can counter attacks with a press of a button instead of carefully analysing enemies attack patterns?

>Eva Longoria, who plays Gabrielle in Desperate Housewives, Evangeline Lilly from the TV drama Lost and the film star Natalie Portman are among those who fit the bill.

I don't think their idea of feminine matches your idea of feminine.

Yes, because anime girls are submissive

for the first time probably ever, with zero competition.

2D girls are feminine I don't know how that isn't apparent

>western games

It's a fucking picture

I-frames are the sane alternative to programming perfect collision that players can't even exploit because existing input devices are too crude.

Post the best western video game soundtrack ever made.

A picture or drawing represents an idea.

I think child-like is a more accurate description than feminine. And I'm sure your response is going to be the typical virgin response of "Bitches and whores are all just a bunch of children!" so I'll save you the trouble and give you a preemptive fuck off now.

youtube.com/watch?v=x530q4hlv9c

Metroid Prime

Wait, hang on

>western games

Wrong. I'm attracted to female characters that acknowledge my masculine features, which can be displayed through player's agency, and not to pandering cunts that jump on player's dick no matter how pathetic it is

>does that mean people who like anime have high testosterone

user, first thing is first, one on the right in OP isn't anime.

That's a 3D rendered model based on a real human just like Aloy is, but with idealized female traits unlike her, so being attracted to something like that is only natural for men.

Nope, you can't like femininity anymore according to this thread, that makes you a paedophile!

We're talking about character design here, not the attitude of a female character

Because you can't juggle enemies in air with your gamepad mashing?

Stop insisting on constraining femininity to exclusively mean looking like an eight year old Asian girl and nobody will call you a pedo anymore.

Not an arguement

>western shit
not even once

1st person games don't have good combat, that's just the way it is.

Reminder than neonate features were always considered attractive. Large eyes, small noses, etc. were always considered attractive. Always and in any culture.

Stop disparaging the people who prefer the right because you can't stand the fact that some people don't like masculine features on women.

>superior in graphics
Agreed, although art style is another thing entirely and Japan wins that.
>storytelling
Eh, arguable, but it really comes down to what type of storytelling you like and personal taste. West and East just have different methods of storytelling and different ideas on what is good and bad storytelling. This isn't even restricted to video games, but comes from centuries of fiction in history.
>soundtrack
Hell no. All the west does these days is make a generic, poor-man's hollywood movie orchestral. Japan at least still makes video game soundtracks.
>level design
All they do these days is make open world sandboxes to avoid doing actual level design. Japan is slowly becoming as bad, though, but they're not there yet.
>combat system
In what genre? Every western fighting game sucks. And almost every other genre they just try to turn it into a generic shooter or press x to kill quick time events.

Maybe some of those were true for the west a decade ago, but not now.

Only fags don't like japanese games.

>storytelling
Like... modern bioware?

>Japan is slowly becoming as bad, though
The success of Dark Souls is thankfully pushing them in the other direction I hope

I would have agreed last year, but look at the new Zelda. Probably going to pull that back in the other direction.