>TWEWY
>dude pins lmao
>still has good gameplay
I bet you're just too stupid

He was thinking
>How do I make a GBA ARPG less shit?

Play the gba version its better

>DUDE MAKE IT 3D
That's the problem. Play the GBA version.
>less shit

he wasnt. the gba version is good but this is shit

Most GBA ARPGs were ass, friend.

Battle Network and Boktai were pretty much the only exceptions.

Regardless of that shit opinion, that doesn't address the point being made: that the PS2 version is better to play than the GBA version.

>Shut opinion

Literally the only other ARPG on GBA I can think of that was worth a shit is Summon Knight. These three [Boktai, MMBN, KHCoM] are the top ones.

Everything else is more of an outright action game (Astro Boy, Sigma Star Saga) or just an RPG (Mario & Luigi).

This was honestly a quick cashgrab. Reused most of KH1/KH2's assets and dragged COM's system kicking and screaming into 3D. I'm pretty sure it was originally a pack-in game with KH2FM (in Japan) and it shows. COM is far from perfect but it had a lot more charm put into it. It also left more to the imagination, voice acting doesn't help the story at all.

You try designing an action RPG for the GameBoy Advance with a wide variety of abilities and special attacks and see what you come up with

Just watch a cutscene supercut, you'll save yourself 20ish hours of that fucking monotonous system

Pleb choice : KH2/Days
Contrarian: BBS/re:Coded/3D
Patrician: KH/KH:CoM
This is objectively correct

Sword of mana

I just beat this game the other day and while I understand why a lot of KH fans wouldn't like it, I don't get the seething hatred for it. Its biggest problem are the recycled worlds from KH 1, but I thought the combat was really unique and cool for the most part. It would be a great game if it wasn't ao easy to cheese the entire game by filling your deck with one sleight over and over again. I guess that's what Riku's story is for.
Solid 7/10 tbqh.

Shining soul 2 was great

>Pleb choice : KH2

That's the most contrarian thing here

Pity (you)

I had fun with Legacy of goku/buu's fury too

Best part of the game was playing ad Roxas and the organization data battles.
Not even baiting.

In the GBA obviously.

Nah, you have to be a REAL contrarian to choose Day. Exchange it with BBS and you're good.

he was thinking it was a gameboy advance game

Cards were done to facilitate being on the GBA, and they ran with that system as far as they could go. Unfortunately it didn't translate very well to PS2.

It’s actually a great game if you actually take the time to understand sleights.

Riku's story can still be pretty cheesed a lot by just playing the Maleficent card and then spamming combo sleights so nothing can break you. Only some of the later bosses won't die before you run out of cards

>recycled worlds from KH 1
You're playing through Sora's memories of the first game. That'd be a silly thing to complain about.

SONIC BLADE SONIC BLADE SONIC BLADE SONIC BLADE SONIC BLADE SONIC BLADE

great system u have here

That stagnation is death and that to create a great game you have to try to take risks with its gameplay. Only through risks taken can we improve and our goal become a little closer to our reality.
On top of that he takes the biggest risks on the side games in order to taste things out for the main games.
Sorry that you've never created anything OP.

What about both SummonNight SwordCraft 1 & w

I used to think the GBA version was better, but Riku in Dark Mode is way too fun in 3D.

Exactly, a huge piece of shit.

>>DUDE CARDS LMAO
>mfw i was going to make this EXACT post

Reverse/Rebirth is objectively better in Re:CoM

KH2 has a better combat system than 1 but you're not even wrong. People don't value level design enough.

Sword of mana is great you pleb

>But the story justifies it!
Guys, Mario 3 is a play, reusing assets is part of the st- oh, right, it's full of new shit.

not that surprising considering you fucks spam memes all day long

You have that backwards. It's the premise that's justifying the rehashed content. COM reuses the same worlds because of how Disney's licensing works. Same with Days. Couldn't be bothered to jump through hoops for quick spin-offs. Only the big boys get new worlds.

>Take a great Gameboy game
>Add a bunch of garbage deep lore to a simple, effective story.
>Make a shittier version of Secret of Mana.
>"INCREDIBLE, WHAT A MASTERPIECE."

It's a piece of shit. Go play Final Fantasy Adventure instead.

Honestly wonder why they don't say fuck it and have a spinoff with only OC worlds.

Disney still gets dibs on rights, but then Square can save on licensing costs.

Chain of Memories should have an empty brain

Would you play a Battle Network game with Riku mode rules (new deck to work with every world)?

Let's shit on the sanic combat from the title that literally revolutionized ARPG - The Game

I'll take anything aside from Battle Chip Challenge.
God, fuck that "game."

>rehashed content
>A game following through on its premise to revisit events of the previous game is rehashing
I don't agree with you, but alright. Twilight Town appears in CoM, if you're that anal about new levels.

I don't even really mind revisiting old worlds, but how retarded are you exactly?

Did you even read what I said? The premise exists solely to justify the rehashing. They weren't like
>ohhh Nomura-san what a wonderful plot you've come up with, but you've made it so we can only use pre-existing worlds! what an unfortunate state of affairs! totally a coincidence

Kingdom Hearts 2 is the only objectively amazing game in the series, you god damn contrarian.
>b-but muh story!
Does not fucking matter.

The plot is unironically good.

>Playing the PS2 Version
What were YOU thinking?

>The premise exists solely to justify the rehashing
Were you saying that CoM was just an excuse to be able to resell the first game? That's how I interpreted it. Is there an official statement that suggests that?

My issue with calling CoM a rehash is that it's executed far differently than the original game. Yes, you revisit events of the first game. That's part of the plot point. Hell, it's in the title. It's not a rehash in the pure sense, though. Something like the Neptunia series would be a better example of that. Even something like Pokemon is a better fit.

Considering the setting is the focal point of the complaints, I would say that is a fair justification. That being said, it's not like they just gave you the first game again. I don't know why you'd bring up Mario 3.