Let's see if Sup Forums can spot the difference between 1080p and 1440p

Let's see if Sup Forums can spot the difference between 1080p and 1440p
Which side is 1080p and which side is 1440p?

Other urls found in this thread:

viewsonic.com/us/vx4380-4k.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NSyIzGfTEBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is the left 1080?

ye

Let's see if Sup Forums can spot the difference between 8k and 480p
Which side is 8k and which side is 480p?

I could tell if either of the screen shots were still in 1080p or 1440p

The fact the one isn't a blurry mess like the other should have tipped you off.

Is this a serious question?

Seems about as serious as the OP question

You are both wrong the screenshots were in 4K
I'll make a 2K screenshots to make it harder for you

I got a 1440p monitor a few month ago also with 144hz and gsync and I couldn't live without any of those things now

No you didn't PS4pro doesn't do real 4k.

i bought a 144hz monitor and i definitely don't regret it, i just wish i wasnt such a poorfag and could afford 1440p as well

What Steam game is that? Looks amazing

does it rotate at least? i love playing pinball now i can turn it to portrait mode in 5 seconds and it's one of the best games for seeing the advantage of 144hz

Dragon'd Dogma

>that keyboard

obviously the right is 1440
the grass has less blur

144hz is way more noticeable than 1440p or 4k.

I've got a 4k/60hz monitor and a 1080/144hz monitor and I'll take 1080/144hz over 4k/60 one anyday. If you've got like a 1080ti and you can do both, great, but 144hz will always come first in my book. I literally can't go back to 60 now. Like just moving the mouse around feels so much worse in 60hz I can't deal with it.

those 4 images are stretched to 4k so we can't tell if they're really 1080 or 1440 BUT left images are lower res than the right ones
i have a 1440p monitor so i'm not guessing

The screenshots were in 4K because 1440 -> 4K upscalling by the hardware and I didn't use any software to scale the picture

Left is considerably more fuzzy, so left is 1080p

ok know the real deal
1080p screenshots in png directly no photo mode - all in game screenshots

One side is 1080p and the other is 1440p downscaled to 1080p(by the ps4pro hardware)

That's still 1440p

but I never claimed it was true 4K I said the screenshots were uspcalled to 4K (not by me) that's why I said in the title it was a 1440p capture

Right is 1440p

Left is 1080p again but the only reason I can tell is that it zooms in when I open the image in a seperate window.

>You are both wrong the screenshots were in 4K
You were wrong user. Face facts.

yes
as of today we have a huge problem
1080p looks bad on a 4K screen but that's the only way to get better frame rate
And 4K tvs are bad except for those 1200 dollar models with nice contrast ratio and fast pixel response time
To get a 4K IPS monitor with more than 1000:1 contrast ratio you will be spending 2k or more. VA and TN is not worth it in my opinion

>1080p looks bad on a 4K screen but that's the only way to get better frame rate
No it's not, play on the PC. I play most games at 4K60 with my overclocked 1080Ti.

I have a Switch connected to a 4K TV and it looks better than on my smaller 1080p TV.

I was talking about the PS4
what monitor do you use btw? don't lie simply say your monitor. I bet it's TN trash

Wasabi Mango UHD550

It's IPS and has g-sync, it's made by AOC

I wouldn't want to play games on a display without adaptive refresh rate support ever again.

>I have a Switch connected to a 4K TV
what tv model?
AH-IPS: good
1200:1 contrast: decent
49": bad unless you play far away

Not too bad however I'd like to see if it's real AH-IPS
I wanted to get a AOC with the newer AMVA panel but it was fucking 700 dollars. more important than adaptive refresh rate in my opinion are: pixel response time, pwm (flicker) and contrast ratio.
I use a shit 1080p Dell monitor because lack of better options as of today. I'm still waiting for something like a 4K QLED IPS or 4K IPS with more than 1200:1 contrast ratio

>I wanted to get a AOC with the newer AMVA panel but it was fucking 700 dollars.
I paid like $600 for mine, I wanted G-Sync as I had used a non-G-Sync 4K display with my 1080Ti first and the experience was appreciably worse.

I want to get one of the new ASUS 4K 144Hz displays when they release but they're probably going to start at $1000-1500.

>49":
That's the UHD490, UHD550 is a 55"

>bad unless you play far away
It's in my living room plugged into my HTPC. It's basically the best display available circa 2014 when I got it. Still better than anything you've got though.

>I paid like $600 for mine
what model? It could be the newer AMVA panel
In that case I wouldn't buy Asus 4k 144hz yet. The 1080ti is not enough to play modern games ultra at 4K/144fps .. the good thing about ASUS is most their monitors are IPS but if it's IPS from 2008~2010 and not AH-IPS or IPS III it's not worth pay 700 dollars

for a living room that size is good. If it's really 5ms input lag and has low pixel reponse latency I'd buy one too

>what model? It could be the newer AMVA panel
AG271UG, it's not the best looking panel I've ever seen but it's alright.
>The 1080ti is not enough to play modern games ultra at 4K/144fps
I'm aware, but there are games that I could drop resolution and do at >100fps so it would be nice having the option to do both.

Good luck finding them they aren't being made anymore and I was looking for more larger format monitors and it's pretty fucking sparse out there.

left 1080
easy

It's fucking 2018 and you can't find a good 1080p/4K monitor below 500 dollars. This is disgusting
That AOC is still selling for more than 500 dollars
It's the same IPS panel as LG/Dell/ViewSonic
The only monitor I'd buy is this
yeah they are all sold out and they aren't making anymore.
viewsonic.com/us/vx4380-4k.html but only if the price drops to 400~450 dollars because it has shit 1100:1 contrast
I guess I'll have to wait until november to enter the world of FOUR KEK ULTRA HD

>That AOC is still selling for more than 500 dollars
Yeah, because it has G-Sync and comes with a really nice stand. The Goy-Sync tax is the only real reason it costs more than $600 but if you've got Nvidia it's your only option.

>tfw you're nearsighted so everything above 720p on a TV makes no difference to you

I only bother to crank up the resolution when I'm using my Rift.

>nearsighted
>VR
enjoy your blindness at 35

left is 1080, right is 1440

>t. 1440p monitorfag

Is it just me or they are forcing you to buy 4K monitors? all 27" 1080p monitors have 96 pixel density which is worst than playing in 900p

what a shit thread, people with 1080p monitors cant see any difference at all

Is the remake good Sup Forums?

(OP)
Can Sup Forums say difference between 30 fps vs 60 fps?

you stupid fucking nigger. on a 1440p screen 1080p will look fucking garbage.

you do realize there are little nigger kids starving in africa right?

youtube.com/watch?v=NSyIzGfTEBA

VE
VE
VE
VE
BICIVLE
FORWARD SLASH

Are you fucking blind?

corsair literally makes the best keyboards so what is your problem guy

Is this a joke? The difference is fucking night and day. It's actual just as big of a difference as this

turn around and spread your butt

I actually prefer the look of the 480p for this one. The arm texture is super pixellated but it matches better with the pixellated look of everything else. The crisp version just has jarring blurry textures in spots.