Splatoon 2

Just got my Switch. Do people still play it or am I too late?

Splatoon 2 thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4w6rwbWtzFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

barely anyone on Sup Forums plays this game. hell i stopped playing it a few months after release, but plan on getting back into it later
Salmon run is such a good game mode holy shit. I love this game but would never play it solo

Oh, you have nothing to worry about, this is very popular.

>barely anyone on Sup Forums plays this game.
wrong

The game is getting a new weapon today and a huge balance update soon, so it's not too late.

It's still active, don't worry about it. Hell, the first Splatoon never died until 2 came out thanks to the nips, and it will likely be the same with 2. The bastards love this game.

Hell we get a new weapon every Friday.
Also new basketball stadium map soon. Probably March.

It's still plenty popular, no worry about wait times for matches.

Also, official Splatoon 2 ranking list:

Moray Towers > Port Mackerel > Inkblot Art Academy > Walleye Warehouse > Snapper Canal > Kelp Dome > The Reef > Manta Maria > MakoMart > Sturgeon Shipyard > Starfish Mainstage > Arowana Mall > Shellendorf Institute > Musselforge Fitness > Humpback Pump Track > Blackbelly Skatepark

>moray at the top
Why did you even bother typing up that list?

But that's wrong
MakoMart > Port Mackerel > Inkblot Art Academy > Snapper Canal > The Reef > Arowana Mall > Sturgeon Shipyard > Kelp Dome > Starfish Mainstage > Walleye Warehouse > Manta Maria > Humpback Pump Track > Musselforge Fitness > Moray Towers

Seems I miss Institute and Skatepark
MakoMart > Port Mackerel > Inkblot Art Academy > Snapper Canal > The Reef > Arowana Mall > Sturgeon Shipyard > Kelp Dome > Starfish Mainstage > Walleye Warehouse > Shellendorf Institute > Manta Maria > Humpback Pump Track > Blackbelly Skatepark > Musselforge Fitness > Moray Towers

>still no Flounder Heights
GIVE ME MY FAVORITE MAP BACK

There's still heaps of people that play online, especially in Japan. If you live nowhere like new zealand or some shit you might have problems with higher rank matchmaking, as it favours searching closer for lobbies

Hug the slug

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses it.
Good times.

Damn there are so many maps ? I should try to get back into this game, but the gyro controls are hard to learn any tips ?

I know it was imbalanced as hell but I really miss Saltspray

Why do all the Salmon Run people suck lately? I used to break 70 Golden Eggs every run and now I've been lucky if these jokers don't get us all killed in the second wave the last few shifts.

Dead game
Shallow
Lack of content
Cringy fanbase

dont buy
nearly destoryed my switch because of this shit game
but destroyed the jc grip and almost the cartrige
>hehe git gud
no.
just no
its impossible
i am lv 58 and played over 350 hours
fuck no

Play the single player.

cute puccy
>Salmon run
>good
just erease yourself retard

>the only one who deals with flyfish half the time
I despise everyone.

but i thought this was a baby game for casuals

They really need to sort the online for this game and 3 if they seriously expect people to pay for it because right now it's trash.

>inb4 "I don't see any problems, so that means it's fine!"

>three stingers up at once and no one dealing wth them
Come the fuck on people.

Always remember, best girl.

it is not because to many manchilds are playing
not a sonybro but it is the truth
check all those splatoon youtuber

youtube.com/watch?v=4w6rwbWtzFs

The live just came out last week,I believe it is not too late.

You can find a match really fucking fast

>pull clutch last-second victory with inkjets and surviving twenty steel eels and steelheads and stingers
It's a good feel.

there dies the akinator faggot

Is anybody playing Clam Blitz? I feel like it is not very intuitive and impossible to play without chat voice.

>devs say they want to make Splatoon an online shooter where you don't need voice chat
>then they make clam blitz
What did Nintendo mean by this?

It's fun and I've even gotten a knockout or two but it is definitely harder then the others due to the need of teamwork.

>next major balancing patch is at the end of february
>23rd and nothing is announced yet

It's not like they'll fix the NZap/Splattershot/Splashdown anyways, so.

If you're bad at the game but want to hit S+ 50 just use the Splattershot, considering I'm at S+12 and I still use people aiming sticks using the fucking Splattershot and Nintendo will never balance it.

Also, what the FUCK is the point of the Splattershot Jr? It does less damage with less range and obviously has a worse TTK than the Nzap, so what exactly is the point of the weapon?

I can mostly agree to this but Mako should be in the top 3 and Snapper Canal down near the bottom, I fucking hate that map.

I've actually found it the easiest to get into solo. Might just have been on an odd streak, though.

christmas shitters who still dont know how to play the mode

Too adorable for this world

quick respawn and stealth jump in this game are the biggest fucking meme, stop using them competitivefags. clam blitz is also bad

SAUCE SAUCE

Clam Blitz was made for competitive. The whole need for teamwork and voice chat means it's guaranteed to be a part of any tournament/competitions.

I'm trying to make 3 pures of ink resistance, have one so far, ink saver and special up are my other pures. Only have a quick respawn pure because the rng god blessed me with it, but yeah it's kind of pointless since I only die a few times per match.

theres literally a reverse image search embedded into Sup Forums how new can you be

Why does Sup Forums keep insisting that Splatoon and ARMS are dead all the time even though it couldn't be further from the truth?
Take your lies somewhere else. Or better yet just stop.

it's regional matchmaking only, if you're in europe you can sometimes have trouble finding a match if it's at a time where most people are asleep or in school/working

>playing video games in europe
just move to us or japan

>Japs invade your lobby

out fucking skilled

It's soynyggers desperately wanting Nintendo to fail, while they shill the latest Sony Cinematic Experience.

but I'd get wrecked and drag my team down

Thanks doc

Does anyone else wear the short shorts, b-ball tank, contacts, and sandals just to look at the lewd squid? I spent all of my sea snails just max out that outfit to see all the squid skin

Been using max paint resistance brush build recently. Fun as fuck.

Disable gyro controls

The game is much more fun with them on.

>barely anyone on Sup Forums plays this game.
>Just had Money vs Love a week ago

I haven't even tried Salmon Run yet and I've been playing this game for months. I still have to 100% single player mode with every hero weapon and to purchase every weapon in the shop.

Is Pokken DXded as well?

yes

Then you've been missing out on a lot of easy money, ability chunks and drink tickets.

Its like mvc2 online. Its not dead but everyone online is really fugging good

How did you get that picture? Is it a modelling thing or is it in-game?

BALANCED SALTSPRAY RIG WHEN?

If you have an amiibo, you can pose your character with it and take pictures

They need to patch the first game's music in, like now

I know!

>getting so angry at a video game that you break your console/controllers
It's a frustrating game but don't break your stuff over it. I get mad too but I punch a pillow in place of my teammates that I would probably punch if they were physically there.

fuck off you're not any better

This game makes me want to beat children