If I told you to press the X button, which button position would you think of first?

If I told you to press the X button, which button position would you think of first?

they're called keys

No Dreamcast?

sony

I'd default to left button. Been using the Xboxsomething pads for way too long.

Between Z and C

The PS1 one

Depends on which controller I'm holding.

This is why I always have to think 5-seconds before pushing the X button xD

then gamecube

Up

Top button.

SNES

left. only because I use a steam controller habitually for most games that need a controller (same as xbone). dont own any of those consoles right now but I can remember the playstation controller pretty well.

Sew knee

This. Even though I grew up as a nintenbabby and played mostly on ps3 during my late teens/early twenties.
Got way too used to that 360 pad.

after having a ds and then 3ds for over 10 years now, the top position

this I don't get. the gamecube X and Y are correspondent of the XY coordinates of graphs and generally makes sense but they never kept that. Was the gamecube special to have the graph format?

No because most people aren't spergs and don't think of graphs while pressing buttons on a GameCube controller

And your point is mute because the 360 buttons are also on the x and y axis

SNES for me, so upper. I spent too much time on that console plus emulation and it's been renewed with SNES mini. It's difficult to adapt to Xbox layout but that's not to say it's a bad controller. I wish Microsoft could have picked different letters or maybe numbers though.

>You pronounced that as "Ex" in your head
Incorrect, simpletons.

I would hit x with my middle finger

it's actually "äxä"

The one on my keyboard.

i dont fucking know much about console controllers even though i use one off and on but id press the left most button if someone told me to press X

no it's äks
pronounced kind of like ax which is older pronounciation of axe

Maybe if you're a weeb

that would be more like eksu

Well, that depends. With a Sony or Nintendo console I'd get it right right away, since Sony's X is intended to be a shape and Nintendo's is a letter.
Fuck XBox and the horse they rode in on, though.

Depends on what controller I have in my hands

top, snes button layout is hardwired into my muscle memory, so whenever possible I actually use psx button icons because I know where they are relative to the snes controller natively, and dont have to think about it. gamecube is fairly natural when playing gamecube games because any button prompt also includes the shape of the button on it, so you dont have to think "which was which again?"

PlayStation doesn't have an "ecks" button. Theirs is actually a cross button.

the Xbox since I've grown accustomed to it over the past 10 years

iks

Sony

nobody reads fuckin ä's, write in english faggot, I'm not german

>ä is a germanic letter

ä is a germanic letter you inbred fucking retard

SNES first then PS1 second.

Bottom lol and im not even a psfag

top is objectively correct

i'd still hit the bottom one though

On the left. Dark Souls is the only game I've spent a lot of time on a pad for

Depends which I resently played with. At the moment left because of PC despite playing with a DS4 controller.