NON-POLITICAL Violence in video games thread

Gamers, it's time to take a good, long, look at violence in our video games. We have to ask ourselves finally: is playing + supporting video games where we slaughter random passerbys by cutting their heads off with chainsaws a moral/social good? There's been a lot of debate over this, but I'd say....no.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2704015/
This article takes a meta-analytic approach to answering the question and concludes the following...
>there were significant overall positive effect sizes showing that exposure to media violence was positively related to subsequent aggressive behavior, aggressive ideas, arousal, and anger. Additionally, there was a significant negative effect of exposure to violence on subsequent helping behavior.

So, gamers, we have no choice but to conclude that video games are immoral. What should we do about the video game problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden
youtube.com/watch?v=0hQDUwWW7ic
online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/cyber.2017.0364
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>gta sells millions and millions
>not even 1000 IRL crimes have been influenced by it
Really follows your damn train

The post stinks so intensely of brainlet that I cannot even formulate a response to it

Fuck off to your safe space and cry out loud there

Studies literally disproves the belief that video games causes violence, just because some fat, orange reality host of some shithole thinks otherwise does not make it true.

>what should we do?
>WE

Play more games obviously

Did you even read it? It's a meta analysis based on 431 studies. Face it, your precious hobby is morally wrong.

>moralfag

If you can't separate digital from real violence you're a fucking moron. The difference between a quicktime event and an actual fistfight are humongous. I think by virtue of being not at all the same thing, videogames can't make a claim to supporting real violence

And yet, the data proves that people cannot make the distinction. Do you have an actual evidence-based argument?

No, just experience. Real violence is undeniably a different beast. I think the problem is less does video game violence cause actual violence and more about whether or not can American mental health can responsibly handle weaponry?

>No, just experience.
Congrats, your anecdotes have debunked 431 studies

The rest of the world can manage to keep guns out of school and play videogames, you'll publish anything that will keep your countr from have to face facts.

Real question here is: Who cares?

Video games won't be banned. Worst that will happen is that M rated games will get harder for little shit kids to get their hands on, which is honestly a good thing

All games are rated based on a regions' rating system. So by purchasing a Mature rated game, you are 1) Able to show you are above the required aged to purchase it. 2) Imply that you are mature enough to understand fiction vs reality.
Any thing can be used as an escape, so if a person uses games to "train" for violent acts, then it is 100% on the fault of that individual. As if the game weren't there, an insane person would fine something else to feed their desires into. If not games, then movies, if not movies then music, if not music than books, if not books then banging rocks and sticks, etc.

Why are you talking about school shootings now

Because there's only one country that can't handle videogames and violence, coincidentally the one country where school shootings are normalized.

I don't get what this has to do with the study

>It's a "retard doesn't read his own source episode"
This isn't just talking about video games it is talking about media as in film, tv and video games. This is violence in media in general and doesn't even pick out videogames as being anymore of a cause of violence than violent movies or tv.

America is using the wrong information, pointed the wrong directions and coming up with the wrong solutions to the wron problems. Studies such as this only exist to put public attention on videogames rather than the relevant issues like say, gun control.

This is why the rest of the world has no problems with violent videogames, because the rest of the world doesn't irrationally blame media for deeply rooted social and cultural problems.

>I don't play games
>I'm here just to shitpost
>I'm always angry
This whole thing is wrong.

When I was a liltle shit, I had no video games. I was busy playing outside with my friends and shits like that.
One day we enter in a store to buy some gums, but the guy didn't wanted to sell us.
I still want to maim him because of that, we had money, he as just a jerk.
Gums makes kids violent?

Lol did you actually think this was a good point? I never said that they caused more violence than other media, only that they did cause violence

FACT: Only libcucks and democrats don't blame videogames for violence.

>attack in europe happens, people die because no guns to defend themselves
>attack in america happens, brave civilians immediately eliminate the attacker with minimal loss of li-
just get rid of all gun free areas goy, it's the only way to stop your children from being murdered

Notice how no one is bringing up America or gun control except you

Violence is probably less of a problem now than it's ever been.

>So, gamers, we have no choice but to conclude that video games are immoral. What should we do about the video game problem?
Well than why do you only talk about video games rather than violence in all media? Not only that this huge number of 431 studies, only a few are referenced for videogames at all only to name the average percentage of children who play videogames at a certain maturity rating.

>school shooting happens anywhere else in the developed world, one time
>laws passed and problem is resolved as much as possible
>school shooting happens every other week in America, "THERE'S NO SOLUTION, IT'S JUST A FACT OF LIFE"

Because....it's the video game board?

Just don't let the fucked up one's play video games.

Is he right?

I grew up playing violent games without damage on my behaviour, but tbf I wouldn't find weird if retarded millenials started actually beheading their friends because vidya

you know if they had guns as well a whole lot more people would be dead right?

i played wolfenstein and doom as a 6 year old kid in 1998. I've played more vidya than 90% of Sup Forums growing up alone and as an adult today people say i am nice and i work hard as a nurse at a hospital helping people in psychiatry.

Violent videogames is easy to blame but it is not the video game's fault that somebody decides to kill someone or many people. They have already experienced shit in their life that gives them reason to do such things.

we had a patient in psychiatry who was always easy to deal with and talk to but when he got news that his girlfriend died of overdose he was so mad he smashed a parked car outside the ward and threatened to kill coworkers with a broken bottle before police arrived and arrested him.

He did not play videogames, but he got very violent quickly because of shit happening in his life. People react to shitty situations differently. Some people hang themselves, others go kill people. But most people are able to cope and deal with shitty life situations and survive.

How about we realize that the actual issue is that people are being bad sports while playing games and getting frustrated and agressive as a result?
I'd say they're taking it too seriously, but there's plenty of people who take games seriously at a competitive level and don't have these problems, which leads me to believe the issue is the mentality these people have towards gaming.

Yeah I know, only 52 people died that day to coordinated terrorist attacks, 12 in that particular bus.
Remind me, how many people died in the latest school shooting?

how many school attacks have you had this year, mutt? know when Scotland's last school shooting was? The 70s

Not him, but are you comparing a pre meditated and organized terrorist attack to some school kid picking up his dad's rifle and going on a killing spree?
You aren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, aren't you?

>Moving goalposts after getting assbanged

>guns don’t cause violence
>us army literally made a game as a recruitment tool
>also uses arma ii as training aid

>At least they don't use spooky scary guns when they decide to kill us randomly!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden

games. I meant games. guns do not cause violence.

>EU has a mudslime terrorist problem
>somehow this is reflective of US' gun problem
>moves goalposts instead of answering the question
Yup, definitely a mutt.

Is the Evan video more right than ever?

>Florida kid was joked to being a future school shooter, and was even reported prior
>Randy Stairs had a huge interest in Combine but his VA friends and animators didn't pick up on it
>Elliot Rodger made tons of creepy videos, but police were so incompetent that they didn't do a gun check.

But violence is fun

Whats wrong with entering the military you fucking commie

>If we take away guns bad things won't happen
>Muslims using things other than guns in attacks don't count though
Who's moving the goalpost again?

>claims people who play video games are obsessed with violence
>obsessed with having as many guns as possible and starts screeching about the second amendment if anyone starts talking abut gun control
Seems legit.

I'm more concerned about the evil effects of Rock and Roll. It's clearly Devil music. the message of Rock and Roll glorifies Satan. And he is the great deceiver. He wants you turn away from God and he will trick you in any way possible. If it wasn't for satan music whisperingg in the year of americans we wouldn't have so much violence. We need to immediately ban rock and roll not GUNS!

Yeah guns prevented that truck from killing people in New York.
Oh wait.

I think you are putting too much effort in a shit posting thread. If violent videos games caused violence than everyone would have the potential to be a mass murderer. Just look how mainstream it all is now. You have to be a psychofuck in order to carry it all out.

How the fuck is EU's muslim problem relavent to US's gun problem, you dumb brainlet?
Most of EU hasn't had guns for a shitton of decades and the terrorist attack spree is very recent because of mudslimes that the US is constantly trying to push onto EU politicians, by the way.
Are you honestly so dumb that you can only go, b-but EU? When the discussion is about a single country on another continent?

You know OP what we can talk? How about parents start to act like a mature and proper people and not let small kids play those violent games? How many times I've seen parents who bought their 12-14 year old children games like Battlefield or Call of Duty it's hard to count. Instead of putting all the guilt on the games/movies/music, why not ask parents first what they know about their children, what are they watching/playing/listening to? I was raised with different games and even violent ones, I am a normal person, because my parents were talking with me a lot when I was younger and explaining to me what's right and what's wrong.

When did I ever say that guns prevent terrorist attacks or anything like that. I just think I need guns because I want to be at least capable of doing something to defend myself when my police end up as cucked as yours.

>"THERE'S NO SOLUTION, IT'S JUST A FACT OF LIFE"

This is how every single problem in America is justified honestly. It hinges on the assumption that the average voter is too fucking stupid to do even the slightest bit of research. Only America exists, the rest of the world might as well be Mars.

You get that "video games cause violence" doesn't mean that they cause school shootings right

>thread title reads "non-political"
>asks inherently political question
This generation is fucked

It's not violent games that make people tilt. It the percieved lack of skill and uncontrollable factors like lag.

youtube.com/watch?v=0hQDUwWW7ic

I play games with plenty of vore pretty often, they are satisfying and fun especially if there's combo meters. Yet if I happen to look at a droplet of blood irl I fucking retch my guts off. I have never even hurt a fly in my whole life. Your argument is invalid, if a kid is violent after playing a video game he's either fucked in the head or didn't have a proper upbringing, or he was bullied a lot.

Do arcades even exist anymore?

If that wasn't the case then we wouldn't be talking about it.

It's not, it's the fact that they are finding things other than guns to commit massacres with rendering gun control obsolete. Can you seriously not read past MUDSLIMES to see that people are capable of getting a hold of or create weapons to kill people with despite gun control, pic related.

Theres a arcade in my location thats open after midnight

Thriving in some places

Okay, and so the meta analysis concluded that the vast majority of studies find games don't make people more violent

Games don't turn you violent, they are merely a vehicle that may or may not further an already existing problem. Parents are lazy and not willing to go through the effort of helping their kids so they just blame the most convenient thing.

What

>vore games

wot

And yet there is an even higher and increasing number of studies that say the exact opposite that you merely ignore like usual. This despite a measured and proven bias for institutions preferring to publish papers that say it does cause violence due to the publicity it causes and pressure on psychologist's and neuroscientists to publish papers that are controversial.

online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/cyber.2017.0364

>remove mudslimes from Europe
>problem solved
Whoah. How fucking hard that is. Also in that pic that you used the terrorists actually used guns. And inb4 you make a retarded reply about how guns could've saved them, no, they couldn't because no country allows you to bring guns onto a live music show.
So yeah, I still fail to see what do guns have to do with this.

It always amuses me that people cite meta analyses like research gospel while ignoring the error rate that makes one of this size useless.

jesus fuckign christ what
I legitimately meant Gore not vore
goddamnit I gotta stop sleep depriving myself

>remove mudslimes from Europe
Yeah I'm sure you cucks are gonna get around to that any day now.
>Also in that pic that you used the terrorists actually used guns
In a country (France) that made the guns they used illegal, good thing they did that, I'm sure the victims families appreciated they weren't suppose to do that.

lol nobody cares about your rights you entitled faggot, they should make AR-15s illegal along with anything else that's bigger than a handgun

>BUT MUH GUBMINT SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE SHIT FROM ME

but you support every other thing they're doing to fuck you over regularly, hang yourself you hypocritical nignogs you're all the same

Alright but Video Games aren't even the most pervasive form of popular media. They have a higher buy in cost and fewer people consume them than movies or TV.

>Yeah I'm sure you cucks are gonna get around to that any day now.
Great reply, even though I already explained to you that it's your cuckold government that pushes this shit onto everyone else. Also, should a jewish puppet really call others cucks? I hope you're ready to die for greater Israel, mutt.
>In a country (France) that made the guns they used illegal

Can we build a wall to keep people who don't play video games out of video games?

>you may let your government fuck you over in some aspects and not others and that makes you a hypocrite
>You should be like me and let the government fuck you over in all aspects
Thanks for your concede my friend

">how do you do fellow vidya players?"

I told this board so many fucking times, but I'll do it again.
Litsen here fuckface. Politics and video games don't mix well. They really don't.
If you want to project your agenda and stuff it under other's nose make then world a favor and whine on twitter, but since you already pissed me off with your faggy post I'll reply correctly.

The reason those people picked up a gun and shot up a school can be boiled down to one term:

Identity crysis.
Thats all.
If you racemix you create a mongrel kid who can't get into any group, there is a reason mutt memes exist.
The said kid will have absolutely no place in the world, he'll feel like a complete outcast due to both mother's and the father's group not accepting him.
He wonders every day why is his life so fucked up, jumps on an escapist medium, which is often an easy to pick up one like video games.
Sooner or later the said video game doesn't fill the void and the hatred towards the world just grows.

Also don't poke the sleeping lion, you'll the one who will lose in the long run.

>In a country (France) that made the guns they used illegal
I just explained how gun ownership wouldn't change a thing because you can't bring guns to concerts, even in the US. Are you fucking braindead or something?

>owning guns is everything god I fucking love guns
get a life loser exploding gunpowder on your private property by yourself so you can feel good is not the only thing there is, you gunfags sure are pathetic lmao

what? you expect burgers to be self aware and admit to their own faults? No way fag, blaming those darn video games is the way to go!

>Argues against someone agreeing with him
The absolute state of eurocucks

Hes talking about Kirby games

could you imagine being this guy and living your entire life based on en ethos comprised entirely of little shitty folk-wisdoms that instantly break down once you consider them at any length? must be stressful and frustrating.

But the difference is that you cannot walk into a store to buy a suicide vest, hence they have to be made by rogue groups.
Guns are moderately complex tools designed explicitly to kill people very quickly with relatively little training to be effective against unarmed civilians. I can understand civilians wanting glocks and handguns to defend themselves but why shit like the AR 15? Why would you give civilians access to a weapon that can give one asshole the ability to murder a disproportionate number of people before a concealed carrier has time to react

Ehh, don't play like the US is the only one at fault "pushing everyone else around" when the NATO is also heavily involved.

It's literally
>I found some studies that prove my ideas
but with more words.

Of course ignoring the ones that disprove it

Am I being baited?
Are you so fucking stupid that you can't see I replied to myself as the second post because I accidentally hit enter and sent a reply without finishing it first?

Not saying that the EU politicians aren't at fault, but the ones who want to clean up the EU of mudslimes are actively being blocked by both the current EU and US politicians, and the US has a heavy hand of influence on EU.

>Be mentally ill in America
>Have an awful healthcare system
>Get prescribed a cocktail of psych meds
>No father in life
>Probably gets bullied at school
>Surrounded by a constant stream of violent images from movies, TV and games
>Guns are extremely easy to get

There are so many factors that go into pushing someone mentally ill over the edge. If we want to tackle the problem we have to improve our healthcare, support the family structure and pass gun control reform.

>y-you gunfags sure are p-pathetic lmao

I am one of the many believers that think vidya doesn't cayse violent behavior, but the more I think about it the less sense it makes. Kids are little shits that sponge up everything they see, how come it doesn't work with videogames?

>not wanting open access to high-powered tools designed explicitly for killing is letting the government fuck you over
If you actually want to own guns, go form a formal militia instead of, you know, just having a fucking open market for anyone and everyone to have a semi automatic

Because any functioning human can tell between reality and fiction.
And pressing a few buttons to see violence happen in a screen doesn't make you want to actually punch somebody.

>You want to have something to work against government tyranny
>Make sure to make a government backed institution to do it
This retarded

yes it is, the more violent the games are the less stupid assholes are going to mess with us. Actually the level of violence in videogames is low that is the reason people dare to bitch about it.

What the fuck have I woken up in the 90s?