Was the ending a little too "Hollywood Happy" for you? Did the 3 fake-out deaths in a row piss you off?

Was the ending a little too "Hollywood Happy" for you? Did the 3 fake-out deaths in a row piss you off?

I was too numb and tired of the game by that point so I didn't even care. It's too fucking long and bloated. Not even a hard cut to Hashino raping a little boy would've made me bat an eye.

No.
No.
It was perfect.

>It's too fucking long and bloated.
GenZ Xbot-kids in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

>It's too fucking long

5's actually pretty short.

>Not even a hard cut to Hashino raping a little boy would've made me bat an eye.
I'd just whip out dick

The fake outs lowered my opinion of the game, yeah. It was pretty pathetic for such a serious storyline.

Yes. And Akechi Goro will be the fourth fake-out.

The worst is easily Sojiro's fakeout. The fact the bothered with the TV announcement of a murder suspect just to have him walk in 2 seconds later.

What the actual retarded fuck?

>praising an ending that deserves zero praise
>calling an ending that laughably clumsily skips two months of game time perfect
>calling an ending with that stupid fucking Ryuji fake death scene perfect
>calling an ending this underwhelming perfect
The entire Yaldabaoth thing was a fucking mess thematically, too.

>fake-out deaths
>Joker which was clearly planned and was just to trick the enemies.
>Ryuji that was played as a comedic relief
>???

Morgana

Sojiro

Fake out deaths always annoy me, what's the fucking point. With certain exceptions of course. The Igor twist was enough for me to think the general wrapping up of the game was pretty sick, but I really hated how Akechi got handled with. Morgana's backstory was alright I guess I don't even really remember it. The final cutscene itself was okay I guess, what else do you want ya kno

That wasn't a fakeout and it's pretty obvious that he wouldn't die

Invoking Satanael was dumb and ruined whatever little thematic the game had left.

The fake-outs annoyed me, but the ending was fine. The ending was happy, but suitably so, and having it end with Joker in prison or something like that wouldn't have suited the games themes and would have ended up feeling like forced drama.

>The entire Yaldabaoth thing was a fucking mess thematically, too.

Completely agree. The whole "we will defeat you with the power of e-celeb opinion polls" was outrageously stupid.

By persona standards it isn't

It would've been better if he did.

>that wasn't a fake-out

It fucking was.

I completed P3/4 in 60 hours-ish. 5 took me over 100 hours. I think those 40 additional hours came from pointless phone messages.

Sojiro is not convincing enough. But Morgana is the worst of them with all of those fucking cutscene and 'tearsome' goodbye.

>That wasn't a fakeout

>hero and guy's adoptive daughter walk into trashed cafe
>news reporter talking about a man who'd been murdered and dumped
>OH SHIT
>characters start panicking
>tension building
>guy just walks in 10 seconds later
>not a fucking pointless fake-out

Ryuji is the one I'd let slide just because it's obvious he's only ever used to shitty comic relief.

Morgana coming back was annoying as well, and his reasoning for leaving it for so long is really poor.

The bullshit they pulled with Joker's certainly did.

>All other cognitive forms break down in seconds
>Somehow takes Joker's and the cop 2 minutes

Satanael and Yalbadaoth are the same entity in gnosticism. It was actually a neat thing to do.

I actually listened to the ending song before finishing the game and i was sure it would have some bad or bittersweet ending. I also had some anons "spoil" me that Makoto dies etc. and i seriously expected some heavy memorable ending but it was just another happy resolution.

I'm at the start of June and just beat the second palace. I'm level 21.
Any tips?

Yeah but the Gnostic themes were poorly executed and felt more phoned in than anything. Leave that shit to MonolithSoft.

user whole SMT is just nips acting:
>"LUL WE READ SOME CHRISTIAN AND GNOSTIC TEXTS WITH JUNG AND NOW WE PRETEND WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT WE ARE JUST SPAMMING NAMES THAT SOUND COOL TO US"
It's obviously an exagerration as every demon/Persona has a description of their origin and who they are etc. but you get my point.

>Morgana coming back was annoying as well, and his reasoning for leaving it for so long is really poor.

Completely agree.

>I think those 40 additional hours came from pointless phone messages.

This. I'm so pissed at myself I waited til the end of the game to start skipping them. Complete waste of time.

I liked it. Better than 4

Not exactly but that's why it's bullshit

>lmao man just go defeat this rapist overcontrolling god with the exact same dude but edgier and with a fetish for vomit.

5's ending was basically 4's except only a tad less sad.

I fucking knew he would get out of jail. The game seemed hellbent on pretending something tragic would happen just to say LOLJK, on more than a few occasions. Nanako in 4 gets a pass because it's obvious they wouldn't kill off a kid.

Nanako not dying in 4 was just as bad as the fake-ours in 5. There's no excuse for any of them.

>I'm the universal judge of things
It was fucking fine. The endgame fights were cool.

>Was the ending a little too "Hollywood Happy" for you?

No, I thought the protagonist having to go to jail in order to make sure Shido went down was a nice touch. Having his confidants rally to get him released really tied a nice bow on the theme of standing up and affecting change in society. It was more important that he have a happy ending since he spent most of the game getting shit on, anyway.

That said, yes, the fake out deaths were extremely annoying. Mostly because they kept fucking happening.

It isn't because it's a child. You know they're not going to kill a kid. People would've had a field day.

It's longer than 3, which is the only other persona game I've played

That doesn't suddenly undo how cheap it is to have this big build-up to someone dying and then suddenly just wiping it all away with no consequences. It's just bad writing, her being a child doesn't change that.

speedruns prove this is incorrect.

It's not really bad writing. Teddie's sacrifice made up for it. At least it's better than introducing the possibility of an event for literally 10 seconds then making it completely pointless. Nanako's death tied well into Teddie's growth.

>Teddie's sacrifice made up for it.
Teddie's sacrifice made it worse because it turned one fake-out death into two fake-out deaths. I'd even go so far as tonsay 5's fake-outs were not as bad because they at least were done very quickly, unlike 4's that gave all this build up for what amounted to just a trick to make the stakes seem higher than they actually are. At least in 5 they pulled off the band-aid quickly,

speedruns aren't the games usual lenght and shouldn't be considered for a discussion like this.

I think the reason 5 takes so long is because of how drawn out so much shit it. Even the victory screen for fights is drawn out.

I don't understand how 5 takes people over 100 hours. It took me about 85, which was no longer than 4, and I was taking my time with the game.

The credits to P5 were fantastic, but then I realized that these credits were for a WAY fucking better game than Persona 5 actually was. Bad plot, boring characters, not enough time spent hanging out with characters, and a pretty terrible translation to boot

> all this build up
After Naoto joins the team, you all go to a hospital to check if the fog has any negative effects on human body. Turns out it's perfectly safe.
After you rescue Nanako, there is a scene where you have doctors, your entire team and Dojima tell you the fog is harmless and people who are panicking are overreacting because they started believing their own delusions.
They made it clear that she would be fine.

You're dumb.

>Shiho
>Joker
>Ryuji
>Morgana
>Akechi soon, probably
What is death

Why are eyes in the nu-Persona games so fart apart?

It's what awaits those rotten adults in the P5 universe.

anime

She didn't live because of the fog actually having no negative effect, Nanako dies of it in the bad endings even. From the moment you get her away from her kidnapper they make a point of the fact that she's in danger, they even let you visit her in the hospital and then they have this emotionally climactic death scene for her only to throw it all away for the sake of having the happy tone of the game, with not even Teddie's sacrifice having consequence. It makes all that build-up and the death scene itself feel meaningless as well as making the stakes feel as low as possible. It's a bad inclusion in the game.

>She didn't live because of the fog actually having no negative effect,
That's exactly why she lived
>Nanako dies of it in the bad endings even.
That's because you validated Izanami's view that humans don't care for truth. You chose to believe Namatame is the killer, the town chose to believe the fog was dangerous.
>they make a point of the fact that she's in danger, they even let you visit her in the hospital
they let you visit her because she was getting better. Her condition was getting so good, IT was already planning to throw a party.

>That's exactly why she lived
She lived because of Teddie's "sacrifice."

>That's because you validated Izanami's view that humans don't care for truth.
That makes no sense. Izanami's goal is to make people ignorant to the truth, not to make whatever they believe in to become the truth.

>they let you visit her because she was getting better.
In the context of the in-game universe that's why you can visit her, in the context of the why you can visit her it's to reinforce the fact that she's sick and in the hospital.

Inefficient use of Mementos. Every stream I've checked out they spend a retarded amount of time grinding in that fucking place.

>She lived because of Teddie's "sacrifice."
Teddie's "sacrifice" did nothing and was not even sacrifice either. He believed that shadows don't belong in human world, his promise with Nanako was the only thing keeping him there.
>That makes no sense. Izanami's goal is to make people ignorant to the truth,
Gods in Persona universe are manifestations of humanity's desires. Izanami's goal was to give humanity what it wanted. The entire reason she existed in the first place was because humans already rejected the truth.
>not to make whatever they believe in to become the truth
Literally Cognition. The entire Persona universe runs on humanity's collective unconscious. People believing in a lie is what made it true, Izanami seeing people choose the lie over truth convinces her she's right.

>Teddie's "sacrifice" did nothing and was not even sacrifice either
You're right, that was my mistake. The reason Nanako lived was because she heard everyone calling out to her, though, not because the fog is harmless.

>Gods in Persona universe are manifestations of humanity's desires. Izanami's goal was to give humanity what it wanted.
Yes, and she was making people ignorant to the truth because that's what they wanted.

>Literally Cognition.
Cognition plays a large role in Persona, but I don't recall any mention in P4 about how if you believe in something then reality will bend itself to make what you believe in true.